IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Memory Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-06, 10:16 AM
Smoky350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory Seats

Did anyone notice that the memory seats only work when the car is in park. If you're driving and you or the passanger wants to change their position to a different one it doesn't work.
Old 12-25-06, 10:54 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

(I'm only 22 and get a new car about every 8 months) <-- what the hell is that about? Why not post your annual income along with property values of any real estate you own? I mean if you going to brag, you might as well do it all the way.
Old 12-25-06, 11:30 AM
Smoky350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
(I'm only 22 and get a new car about every 8 months) <-- what the hell is that about? Why not post your annual income along with property values of any real estate you own? I mean if you going to brag, you might as well do it all the way.
Wow, I guess someone is jealous. I have almost 100 posts and you're the only one that has problems. But if you would like to know:
About 8 months means that some cars I own 6 some I own 10 months but averages out to 8 months.

Annual income first year at work: $130k
This year should finish with close to: $200k

Property values:
One 2 family house valued at about $850k ( own only $300k)

I got to where I am all on my own without help even from my parents, so I do have something to brag about. Most of my friends from school don't even own a nice car, or a house and a lot of them still live with their parents.

If you don't have anything to post about the the thread I started then don't post at all. And if you want to post stupid posts like the above one, you should swich to a different forum because that is not tolerated on CL.com
Old 12-25-06, 12:14 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoky350
Did anyone notice that the memory seats only work when the car is in park. If you're driving and you or the passanger wants to change their position to a different one it doesn't work.
If you think about it, it's pretty obvious why. Lexus are not going to design a car where at the press of a button, while you are driving along, you could be moved too far back or too far forward to control it safely.
Old 12-25-06, 12:56 PM
Khiladi
Driver

This is how the new ES is as well. I think IMO Lexus is going a little overboard with all of their "locked-out" features while driving, compared to other manufacturers. If their trying to reduce distraction while driving, maybe they could at least allow some features to be accessed when a passenger is detected. After all, passenger detection is there for the airbags anyway...
Old 12-25-06, 01:15 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

This is the internet. Nobody lies.
Old 12-25-06, 01:32 PM
cpsmith516
Rookie

are you trying to start a flamewar on our forums? perhaps someone should reacquaint you with the rules of the forum... here let me quote it for you.

Originally Posted by CL Forum Rules on Personal Attacks
While we encourage lively debates and discussions, we will not tolerate personal attacks of any kind. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and may have their offensive posts removed. One more offense and the offending member will be permanently suspended from Club Lexus. Any member that physically threatens another member, vendor or moderator on Club Lexus will result in an immediate automatic suspension. Repeated name calling and insults will not be tolerated. Members are certainly going to disagree from time-to-time, but the disagreement should be about the topic not the person posting. Please keep debates factual and constructive and keep in mind you can always ‘agree to disagree’ rather than enter into a heated argument.

and yes, i have noticed this problem as well... it irritates me to no end that i have to stop and put the car in park for my friend that keeps forgetting to hit #3 when he gets in the car.

edit: and to smoky; if i were you, i'd change my sig to edit out that comment about being 22. yes i'm 23, and i totally agree it's worth bragging about being successful. But you're going to have a-holes like COMBFILTER that are mad that they didn't have what you have at the same age, so they feel the need to flame you for it. Just save yourself some future headaches and take that part out

Last edited by cpsmith516; 12-25-06 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-25-06, 03:24 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

Can't we all just get along? lol
Old 12-25-06, 04:10 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

this is horrible.

aye. wanna hand-me-down ur IS350 when the 8 months are up?
=D

Oh yeah. For all lexus, the memory seats can only be activated when the car is in park... I guess this is the same for the passenger seat. It is the same for the 03 GS my family owns.
Old 12-25-06, 06:19 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cpsmith516
...and yes, i have noticed this problem as well... it irritates me to no end that i have to stop and put the car in park for my friend that keeps forgetting to hit #3 when he gets in the car. ...
Do you realize that the adjustment buttons work when moving? Why can't he just temporarily move the seat until you happen to stop?
Old 12-25-06, 08:28 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i just have to pull up the ebrake to set or recall one of the memory presets.
Old 12-25-06, 10:55 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it is annoying when you have to put it in park to set, i agree.

Originally Posted by Khiladi
This is how the new ES is as well. I think IMO Lexus is going a little overboard with all of their "locked-out" features while driving, compared to other manufacturers.
yeah... i guess my next e-mail to Lexus is to tell them they should stop making safe cars for the consumer.
Old 12-26-06, 01:38 AM
Khiladi
Driver

[QUOTE= yeah... i guess my next e-mail to Lexus is to tell them they should stop making safe cars for the consumer. [/QUOTE]

guess you didn't read the rest of my post. whatever.
Old 12-26-06, 03:11 AM
ONP IS350
Driver School Candidate

are the memory seatings in all packages of the 350?
Old 12-26-06, 03:53 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ONP IS350
are the memory seatings in all packages of the 350?
Unfortunately no - its only on the Luxury and Sport packages.

Quick Reply: Memory Seats