IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What's more important? X, or Lux?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-06, 09:10 PM
dvsone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's more important? X, or Lux?

Up here in Seattle area, you can get it set up two ways

1. xtype, with Nav, and premium package, xenon lights

2. nav/ml sound, nav, luxory package, xenon lights

what's more important? Luxory or X package?

Also, with Xpack, do you not get auto memory for power seats??

(i know i can special order, but dealers here give much bigger discounts for on the lot cars, so i rather not special order).

Thanks!
Old 12-26-06, 09:37 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont get the memory power seats w/ X Package I wish you did, but nope
Old 12-26-06, 10:03 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

I would say neither, I prefer the Sport pkg, gives you the best of both worlds (of course I'm biased). If you need the memory seats, than you're better off with the Luxury pkg, which also includes power tilt & telescope wheel. The X pkg will have a manual tilt & telescope and no memory settings for the seats or side mirrors. The Luxury pkg is the top of the line package.
Old 12-26-06, 11:17 PM
dvsone
Driver School Candidate

Do you get 18inch wheels with the lux package?

and how big a difference does the Xpack make?
I come from a slushie accord, so i have no idea what sport suspension does.
any comment on what sport suspension is, and what it does?
Old 12-26-06, 11:24 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

screw the x-package. im going to try hard and get the sport package. for your info the sports package includes all the stuff that the x-package has plus all the stuff that the premium package has and the sport package costs a whole 60 bucks more i think (invoice),. Plus with sports you get the seat memory, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel,auto dimming mirorrs. And your not limited to three colors. All things that are not available on x-package cars. Also just about every x-package car i've seen also has the AFS HID system added on, making those three options (x-package,premium,AFS HID), only 60 dollars cheaper then a sports package car.
Old 12-26-06, 11:26 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Don't let dealers lie to you about lexus not making sport packages. They are out there just not easy to get. I told the dealer i ordered mine from that flat out its better to get the sport package and broke down why that is. When i finished the salesperson agreed with me. Oh yeah...if you get premium package you also get wood trim, which i personally hate.
Old 12-26-06, 11:45 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

sports package ftw.
Old 12-27-06, 12:22 AM
smgis250
Driver

i'm in seattle too!
Old 12-27-06, 12:24 AM
smgis250
Driver

Originally Posted by dvsone

(i know i can special order, but dealers here give much bigger discounts for on the lot cars, so i rather not special order).

Thanks!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253870
i also lived in seattle too!!!!
Old 12-27-06, 01:20 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

I have the x-pkg. If I had to do it all over, here's what I would do. I would go with the sports pkg and here's why...
1-get the color you want. X-pkg only comes in three colors. I went with black. You get more selection with sports pkg.
2-memory seats in sport, not in x-pkg
3-auto-tilt down mirrow in sport, not in x-pkg
4-electronic steering wheel controls (tilt/telescp), not in x-pkg, but this isn't really a big deal.
5-x-pkg has illuminated scuff plates, but you can install it yourself for about $200. I believe the sport pkg already has plug-n-play wiring for the illum scuff plates (members please correct me if this is wrong)
6-x-pkg has special x-pkg wheels. It's costly, but if you really want those wheels, Sewell Lexus on this site has them for about $2200. You can get your wheels elsewhere too if stock is not good enough.
7-no ML on X-pkg. But the system is still nice.
8-you can add the front air-dam or any ground effects later as a mod.
9-all the other add-ons like AFS(HID), premium pkg are already on the sport pkg.

You can add everything on the sport pkg to make it a top of the line X-pkg, but you cannot add #2,3,4,7 to the x-pkg. without a lot of trouble. And #1 you are limited on the color.

I really like my x-pkg, mainly b/c of the wheels. But knowing what I know now, I would have gone with my choice of color and add all the extras later on. I would still choose the sport pkg over the luxury pkg b/c I don't care about the rear sunshade. My car is tinted, so the rear sunshade would be useless.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Last edited by lexuspdx; 12-28-06 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-27-06, 01:34 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

LT Luxury Plus Package
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats,
3-position driver and passenger seat memory, exterior electrochromatic mirrors with memory, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory,
Bird's Eye Maple wood interior trim, power rear sunshade, bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with adaptive front lighting system and auto-leveling, rain sensing wipers and 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires. NOT AVAILABLE with ST.

VN Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package
Includes voice-activated DVD-based navigation system, rear backup camera, Bluetooth capabilities including phone controls on steering wheel, Mark Levinson Premium Audio, 14 speakers (including center channel and rear surround), 6-disc in-dash DVD/CD autochanger, 300-watt 10-channel amplifier, 7.1 channel speaker architecture and DVD-Audio and Video with discrete 5.1 channel playback. NOT AVAILABLE with ML, NV.

ST Sport Package
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, exterior mirrors with memory, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory, alloy brake and accelerator pedals, sport suspension, bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with adaptive front lighting system and auto-leveling, rain sensing wipers and 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires.

LL Luxury Plus Package
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, exterior electrochromatic mirrors with memory, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory, Bird's Eye Maple wood interior trim, power rear sunshade, bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with adaptive front lighting system and auto-leveling and rain sensing wipers. NOT AVAILABLE with LT, ST.

PS Lexus Pre-Collision System w/Dynamic Cruise Control
Includes radar based dynamic cruise control and pre-collision system that cinches front seatbelt and primes brake assist when a collision with an obstacle in front of the vehicle is determined to be unavoidable.

NV Navigation System
Includes voice-activated DVD-based navigation system, rear backup camera and Bluetooth capabilities including phone controls on steering wheel.

XE X Package
Includes 18" 5-spoke Liquid Graphite finish alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires, front lip spoiler, sport tuned suspension, alloy brake, accelerator and footrest pedals and illuminated scuff plates. REQUIRES Smoky Granite Mica or Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian. NOT AVAILABLE with XF.

PT Premium Plus Package

Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats and Bird's Eye Maple wood interior trim.

XF X Package w/o Sunroof
Includes 18" 5-spoke Liquid Graphite finish alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires, front lip spoiler, sport tuned suspension, alloy brake, accelerator and footrest pedals and illuminated scuff plates. (Deletes moonroof.) REQUIRES Smoky Granite Mica or Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian.

ML Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package
Includes Mark Levinson Premium Audio, 14 speakers (including center channel and rear surround), 6-disc in-dash DVD/CD autochanger, 300-watt 10-channel amplifier, 7.1 channel speaker architecture and DVD-Audio and Video with discrete 5.1 channel playback.

HL HID Headlamps
Includes bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with adaptive front lighting system and auto-leveling. REQUIRES LL or LT or ST.

FT 18" Wheels w/Summer Tires
Includes 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires.

PA Intuitive Parking Assist

HW Headlamp Washers
REQUIRES HL or LL or LT or ST.
-- All-Weather Floor Mats
Includes front and rear all-weather floor mats.
-- Wheel Locks
Includes front and rear wheel locks.
-- Trunk Mat
-- Cargo Net
Old 12-27-06, 01:41 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dvsone

Thanks!
ML is #1 for me.
Old 12-27-06, 05:27 AM
PW007
Rookie

If only they had offered the x-package wheels with the sports package when I bought my 350
Old 12-27-06, 07:16 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by warrionex
HL HID Headlamps
Includes bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with adaptive front lighting system and auto-leveling. REQUIRES LL or LT or ST.
Don't HID headlights come with the Sport Package, and if so, why is this a seperate option?

Also, according to the KBB option list, you can now order X Package wheels for a ~ $700 or so up charge.
Old 12-27-06, 07:24 AM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Seems like there are lot of sport pkgs fanatics....

Well let me chime in on something....I ordered a Lux Pkg as you can see in my signature...

I actually spent a LOT of time on this forum before I ordered it and concluded from the experience of members about Sport vs. Lux Pkg that it would be better for me to get the Lux. Pkg. My thought was that you get stuff like the memory seats, power tilt, sunshade, ILLUMINATED scuff plates, etc on the Lux. Pkg. The Sport pkg. has all the things mentioned above EXCEPT for the scuff plates, which I think are better than the aluminum. Secondly, Sport pkg offers a lowered car height at the rear of about 0.5" and *Stiffer* suspension. But from reading this forum, it seems like the suspension is not that stiff and not that noticeable!! So, I got the Lux. Pkg and I will get after market shocks and other suspension gadgets to stiffen the suspension BETTER than the stock Sport Suspension!!!

So there you have it! If you get the Lux. Pkg, you can get all the COOL goodies and buy the aftermarket products to make it better than the stock sport suspension! In which case, you will have both Packages!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What's more important? X, or Lux?