IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NEED help with buying new is 250

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06, 11:44 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED help with buying new is 250

okay i saw in the sales thread on how some of you guys got hella off msrp and some below invoice. I was wondering if some of the people who got their is250 awd with navigation and premuim package msrp for that is about 40,000. i talked to one of the sales guys here in WA and they said they would match the price if i can get a vin number here so they can see the car, so that every feature is the same. I would greatly appriciate the help guys. I was seeing someone got the same car for about 34,800 otd so if that person would please help me by giving me the vin number.
Old 12-28-06, 12:27 PM
A42IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found out by posting here that no one wants to help. They'll tell you to do a search. Just shoot for invoice and know that it's a great price. I'm 99.9% sure that nobody got the car you mentioned for $34.8 out the door. Good luck.
Old 12-28-06, 12:34 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

OTD means sales tax included? For a 40k MSRP and the want it for 34.8K (after taxes) which means the car itself is about $32,xxx. This is thousands below invoice for this car. it is hard to get it if I don't say impossible.

I just got mine (AWD, Premium Plus, Navi, HID, and accessories) for $35,750 before taxes (plus $250 for dealer fees). You may get it for 35k even on Dec 30th.

Good luck,
Old 12-28-06, 12:43 PM
flyfl1pguy

pm solo stage. . . She got hers in WA
Old 12-28-06, 12:44 PM
A42IS
Driver School Candidate

OTD the door means taxes and all that other stuff. I just got my RWD, NAVI, HID, Premium pkg. IS250 for $33,380 before taxes. So I find it hard to believe someone could get a 8K of an IS. I don't think Lexus needs sales that bad.
Old 12-28-06, 12:48 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
i talked to one of the sales guys here in WA and they said they would match the price if i can get a vin number here so they can see the car, so that every feature is the same.
how'd they know what VIN sold for how much? unless there exists a database of VIN numbers matching price @ time of sale that i am unaware of...

until someone can prove ^^^, i call BS sales tactic. low ball them to get them to bust out the invoice, and then up your offer to invoice - and stay there. if they don't or can't honor it, move on.
Old 12-28-06, 12:52 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

alrite thanks guys for the input ill tell you how it goes
Old 12-28-06, 12:53 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

well the sales person thought that a place in california could make that deal and no way anyone in wa can. He said a dealership in cali called longo? i saw that they had 72 is on their lot.
Old 12-28-06, 12:58 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
well the sales person thought that a place in california could make that deal and no way anyone in wa can. He said a dealership in cali called longo? i saw that they had 72 is on their lot.
1. "no way anyone in wa can"? sounds like another BS sales tactic. i'm sure someone can and probably will, given the right amount of savvy negotiating.
2. AVOID LONGO. do a search in the CL forums and you'll find out why. (they may be the biggest lexus dealership on the west coast though...)

g'luck!
Old 12-28-06, 03:44 PM
Soda
Pole Position

They want the VIN no and an actual offer from another dealer, NOT what someone else paid. They can run the VIN no through thier system on any Lexus new or old and get the option package so they can compare apples to apples & make sure the car on thier lot you're lookin at & the car that you got a price quote on are the SAME CAR.
Old 12-28-06, 04:08 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A42IS
I found out by posting here that no one wants to help. They'll tell you to do a search.
that's not true...so much for having some CLUB LEXUS pride... i think this website is VERY informative and yes, i can't speak for EVERYONE but MOST of the members on here are VERY helpful and 9/10 times go out of their way to help newbs... you'll know who are the helpful ones and who are not... geez... "the helpful ones" they practically post in every thread.

Anyway enough of the my little rant. sorry.

I recently purchased a 350 with Luxury pack, nav,powershade and illuminating panels. 42,000 otd... i know this doesn't really help since you want a 250 but if you did change your mind and wanted to burn some rubber I would happily send you my VIN#... just pm me. I am alittle hesitant to just post it openly. but like one of the members said it does sound like a BS sales tactic. Good luck though.
Old 12-28-06, 05:42 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Batmobile
"the helpful ones" they practically post in every thread... but like one of the members said it does sound like a BS sales tactic.
*raising hand* that would be me. haha... /stupid self-reference

i agree w/ Batmobile. just because another member refers you to the search function doesn't mean the community as a whole isn't being helpful. there is a huge 2is knowledge base that can be accessed through the search function. and in most instances, the search results will have your answers. when all else fails, post the question.

PM me if you'd like my VIN as well, though FYI it's a 2k6 tungsten pearl is350 w/ sports pgk + nav + ML that i paid $44k OTD for...
Old 12-28-06, 06:12 PM
A42IS
Driver School Candidate

I never said that this site wasn't helpful. I find it interesting. I did a search didn't come up with anything that fit my specific question and posted in here. I got no responses and half the posts I did find in my search said the same thing. I think my wording in this post came off harsher than i realized. Sorry.
Old 12-28-06, 07:36 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A42IS
I never said that this site wasn't helpful. I find it interesting. I did a search didn't come up with anything that fit my specific question and posted in here. I got no responses and half the posts I did find in my search said the same thing. I think my wording in this post came off harsher than i realized. Sorry.
That's why we have to build a better sense of community and that's also why the new community thread just came out. I came from the SC forum and at one point we had the same problem over there. There's no need to be sorry... I'm not trying to play cop/moderator but I just said what I said so that people that read this won't be discouraged in posting their questions... Yes there are a lot of asses online... But if you look closely in every thread... The people that help usually post in every thread... The people that give you a hard time are usually just on when they're bored. See you around
Old 12-29-06, 08:16 AM
lexudv
Pole Position

Don't know if this helps, but I got an 07 about 4 months ago when they barely came out for $32,700 plus taxes, license, etc.. But without Navi !!

Damn I just noticed I already have 9,500k miles on it. What the hell !!! How did that happen?

Quick Reply: NEED help with buying new is 250