IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nav Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 03:19 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nav Question

I searched and didn't find anything. I also checked out the manual but didn't see anything in there either.

I notice on the map these little red circles about an inch apart on the route I take home from work. I may have used guidance once on that route but since it won't take me thru the University, which I use to avoid traffic. I don't use the guidance from work to home. Plus I know my way home I also see these circles shown on the map on other roads I take.

The question is what are those circles and how do I get rid of them? Could it be from me recording the route at some point?

Thanks
Old 12-31-06, 12:02 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,423 Posts

Could be. Check your memorised locations (Menu/My Places) and see if those locations are stored.
Old 12-31-06, 12:49 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by totalstu
I searched and didn't find anything. I also checked out the manual but didn't see anything in there either.

I notice on the map these little red circles about an inch apart on the route I take home from work. I may have used guidance once on that route but since it won't take me thru the University, which I use to avoid traffic. I don't use the guidance from work to home. Plus I know my way home I also see these circles shown on the map on other roads I take.

The question is what are those circles and how do I get rid of them? Could it be from me recording the route at some point?

Thanks
I know when you actually do a route guidance, the little red circles are points on which the NAV will tell you to keep right, Go straight, Keep left etc....

No clue what the points are, if you don't do a guidance.
Old 12-31-06, 06:20 AM
totalstu
Pole Position

I checked the memorized locations and deleted the two entries that were in there. That made my home icon return to the icon of a home and not some number (2) that it was showing lately, but I still have those circles. Is there an easy to way to factory reset the nav or something. I realize it would wipe out anything I have put in there though I haven't put much in so not much to wipe.

Thanks
Old 12-31-06, 01:08 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never seen any little red circles on mine. Have you tried the verbal command "hide all icons"?
Old 12-31-06, 08:36 PM
Pwyll
Driver

Is it a destination size "circle"? If so, tap that circle with your finger. If it is an address hit "info" and thn "delete."

If it is one of the smaller solid red circles, as someone else mentioned earlier, it is probably one of the points at which the nav. will issue directions.
Old 12-31-06, 11:28 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen the little red circles either, though I'm not certain what you are talking about. Perhaps you could post a photo of them?

Last edited by Bichon; 12-31-06 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-01-07, 07:03 AM
totalstu
Pole Position

Hide all icons does not get rid of them. If I press them the screen will show how far away I am from the location of the pressed circle. Anyways, I have attached a photo to illustrate what I am referring to.
Attached Thumbnails Nav Question-img_0017_2.jpg  
Old 01-01-07, 08:42 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Thanks for the picture. I've definitely never seen that. You could try "INFO", "Setup", "Delete all personal data". I'm not sure what, exactly, this button sequence deletes, but I'd expect you'll have to retransfer your bluetooth contacts, reset preferences, etc. Still, if the circles bother you badly enough, it may be worth a try.
Old 01-01-07, 09:47 AM
Pwyll
Driver

Isn't that the route trace / record?
Old 01-01-07, 10:22 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

To the OP if you go to your normal nav screen and click on map view button.. In that menu you will see a "route trace" Click stop, at some point you must have clicked record.. Just hit stop and all will be corrected
Old 01-01-07, 10:44 AM
totalstu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
To the OP if you go to your normal nav screen and click on map view button.. In that menu you will see a "route trace" Click stop, at some point you must have clicked record.. Just hit stop and all will be corrected
That didn't work as "stop" is greyed out. You're on the right track I think, as I once recorded the route thinking it would guide me that way but it doesn't. It still wants to take me on three different routes home, none of which go thru the route guided by the circles.
Old 01-01-07, 10:46 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

OK so the dots don't follow you anymore, your just trying to delete them now?
Old 01-01-07, 10:57 AM
totalstu
Pole Position

I never watched it to see if they followed me. Yes, I'd like to get rid of them. I was just playing around with the record feature, abviously not understanding fully what it did. I was trying to have it so when I press "Dest" and home, it would guide me on the route I wanted. I have the same issue when I guidance myself home from my sisters. It doesn't want to take me home the way I want to go. I thought I could teach it so when I pressed 'home' it would give me the option to choose that route.
Old 01-01-07, 11:01 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

What I mean is.. Are new dots coming up or is it done recording? I'm about to go do a lil trip around the block for you and figure it out.. I've done this before also accidently

Quick Reply: Nav Question