my pet peave, whats yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-07 | 09:02 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Reyngel
My pet peaves about the car:

-No pause button for the CD player
-Heated seats only get semi-warm, and can hardly notice the cool/ventilation setting
-Seats aren't supportive enough in the side-bolsters... I wish they held you in tighter
-Lack of text scrolling
-I wish the trunk had hydrolic hindges like the hood does
-You can't easily turn the car off while keeping the stereo playing. You either have to push the ignition button before shifting into Park first, or push the ignition button again after you've turned the car off
-The sunvisors don't do a very good job of blocking sunlight shining through the side windows... they're too short
-The sunglasses holder isn't very big... it can only hold smaller frames
-Lack of coin tray/dish... I have to use the ash tray instead
-Design of the AUX and outlet in the arm rest is poor

I think that's about it. And really, I had to rack my brain trying to come up with those things. None of them really bother me, either, but they're things I kind of wish weren't an issue from time to time. Overall, I'm totally satisfied with the car.
There is a "pause" button for the CD player. It is just labelled "Power".
Old 01-01-07 | 09:49 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Gernby
Well ... I'll try that, but it still sucks big *****! I've never had to pace my clicks before. I don't like that I need to devote 5 seconds of thought on cliciking a button when the speed limit drops 10 MPH.
I wouldn't ever tap down 10 mph. I'd disengage and reset 10 mph slower with 2 clicks (disengage - set), or I'd just hold it down until I slowed 10 mph and release. Anything more than 5 and I wouldn't even consider it.
Old 01-01-07 | 09:55 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I wouldn't ever tap down 10 mph. I'd disengage and reset 10 mph slower with 2 clicks (disengage - set), or I'd just hold it down until I slowed 10 mph and release. Anything more than 5 and I wouldn't even consider it.
Considering how Toyota implements their cruise controls, I probably won't either. However, with Honda and Nissan, it takes a LOT less effort to do 10 rapid clicks without ever looking at the speedo than it does to disengage and set.
Old 01-02-07 | 12:34 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

There is a "pause" button for the CD player. It is just labelled "Power".

Yeah, but it'd be much better if there was a true Pause feature so that you didn't have to wait a second or two holding down the Mode button, or reaching over to turn the power of the head unit off. Not very classy for Lexus standards.
Old 01-02-07 | 06:55 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Reyngel
Yeah, but it'd be much better if there was a true Pause feature so that you didn't have to wait a second or two holding down the Mode button, or reaching over to turn the power of the head unit off. Not very classy for Lexus standards.
I can't remember ever having a true pause button on any of my car stereos...
Old 01-02-07 | 07:59 AM
meteoro
Pole Position

My biggest peeve is the nav/phone lockout. Sucks!
I hate that even the caller ID does not work (unless you have the number programmed).

It is more difficult and more dangerous to grab the cell to see who is calling, then put it back down and answering the call, than just a quick glance at the nav screen, and answering.

Same with the CD, sucks that you cannot see the track list while moving.
Old 01-02-07 | 08:58 AM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Default well,now that you mention it

Since this was brought up, the lack of text scrolling on the radio is lame.
I like the rear wheel drive setup. But like dabigman in texas said, I don't like the pecking/knocking noise the engine makes when starting it up on cold days. I know what it is, but it just don't feel right. Like the HP though

Ventilation, its ok, nothing to write home about.
Better clearcoat would be good.
Love the brakes.
Wish the transmission would shift when you tell it to. I Like that it is super easy to change the oil. Wish transmission service was just as easy.
More sound deadening material would have been good.

compared to whats out there, its a real good car.
Old 01-02-07 | 09:03 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Just a few things...

1. The Arm Rest Compartment is pretty small..
2. The aux and power outlet is designed in a bad area.. I believe you cannot plug in your cell charger to the power output in the arm rest compartment and close the arm rest.
3. Glove Compartment is small

Other than that... this car is awesome... wish they had a more smooth riding suspension like my ES330.. which would have been perfect!!
Old 01-02-07 | 08:24 PM
vortex6
Driver School Candidate

Cruise control doesn't actually display when it has been set. I mean seriously. Cruise control has been around for years. How could they not get this right?

Text scrolling also.
Old 01-02-07 | 08:27 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vortex6
Cruise control doesn't actually display when it has been set. I mean seriously. Cruise control has been around for years. How could they not get this right?

Text scrolling also.
What do you mean by "Cuise control doesn't actually display when it has been set"? Are you talking about the green indicator light that indicates the cruise control is set? If yours doesn't light up, get it fixed.
Old 01-02-07 | 10:21 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sk72
Just a few things...

1. The Arm Rest Compartment is pretty small..
2. The aux and power outlet is designed in a bad area.. I believe you cannot plug in your cell charger to the power output in the arm rest compartment and close the arm rest.
3. Glove Compartment is small

Other than that... this car is awesome... wish they had a more smooth riding suspension like my ES330.. which would have been perfect!!
1. I agree. I took the separator out to make it larger (giving up one of the cup holders, but haven't needed it, yet, either.)
2. You are mistaken. Just find the correct charger.
3. Room for a pistol, and the Lexus manuals - what else do you need in there?
Old 01-03-07 | 05:38 AM
Shoafb
Rookie

1. Terrible MT
2. Keep having to get rattles fixed. ( at least the service is good )
Old 01-03-07 | 07:27 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CWS
3. Room for a pistol, and the Lexus manuals - what else do you need in there?
Funny, but sure doesn't improve the stereotype for Texans!
Old 01-03-07 | 07:34 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

What do you mean by "Cuise control doesn't actually display when it has been set"? Are you talking about the green indicator light that indicates the cruise control is set? If yours doesn't light up, get it fixed.
I understand what he is talking about, and agree with him. The problem is that the CRUISE light in the instrument panel indicates when cruise control is powered is on, regardless of whether cruise control is actually engaged. The light should come on when you press the "Set" control, and go out when you tap the brake pedal to disengage.

The current function of indicating when the cruise control circuits are powered up would better be handled with an additional small LED on the stalk. (Powered up is probably a misnomer on a throttle-by-wire car like the IS, since the entire cruise control function is no doubt just a bit of software in the ECU)

Last edited by Bichon; 01-03-07 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-03-07 | 07:45 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I can't remember ever having a true pause button on any of my car stereos...
I agree with Gernby on this one. I don't recall any car I or my friends have owned that had a pause button...

Quick Reply: my pet peave, whats yours?