X-Package Combinations

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-07, 06:51 AM
is_wil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Package Combinations

Happy New Year everybody!

I'm wondering if anyone knows - or if anyone has an X-Package with the Luxury package.

I checked out lexus.com and it doesn't look possible. I tried AOL, CarsDirect and it doesn't look possible. I found one person on here who's profile says they have that, but they may have made a mistake (?). So all signs point to "NO".

The reason I ask is because I'm finally upgrading my IS300 and putting in my custom build order tomorrow. I've driven both suspension versions of the IS350 and it's definitely Sport Package all the way - but, I love the wood in our 2006 RX330 (I'd prefer that slightly over the aluminum/plastic trim in Sport) plus the auto-dimming mirrors, auto-tilt, memory seats, etc - so X-Package + Premium is a no go. My ideal IS350 would be X-Package + Luxury + NAV/ML.

So, please chime-in and let me know if anyone has it, or thinks it's possible. I'd like to get input and not necessarily take the dealers assumption as gospel...otherwise, tomorrow it'll be a Tungsten IS350, Sport, NAV/ML...
Old 01-01-07, 07:34 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

You can get premium pack with X-pack and if you special order you can also add NAV but you can NOT get Lux pack with X-pack.
Old 01-01-07, 11:06 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Do yourself a favor and physically look at the X wheels on a car before ordering them. I wanted the X wheels, on my special order 07-350, in the worst way. I ended up not getting them because of the color I wanted. I figured I would buy them later and use the regular 18s for winter tires. When I went to pick up my IS there was an X package sitting right at the entrance of the showroom. My asked me if those were the wheels I had to have. She said, "I'm glad you didn't get them". I had to agree with her; they looked to be 1 dimensional and too open. The openings showed too much of the calipers/rotors and did not look like the pictures. Just my opinion!

Koz
Old 01-02-07, 05:54 AM
is_wil
Driver

Default Too Bad...

jasonviper thanks. looks like it's a no everywhere I've looked - now I'll just ask my dealer when I put in my order today - and when he says no - I'll trust it and go with the Sports Package...I'll definitely report back on the off-chance he says any different...
Old 01-02-07, 07:18 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is_wil
jasonviper thanks. looks like it's a no everywhere I've looked - now I'll just ask my dealer when I put in my order today - and when he says no - I'll trust it and go with the Sports Package...I'll definitely report back on the off-chance he says any different...
Just remember if you get the X-pack you get the wood trim and if you get the sport pack you can NOT get the wood trim.I like the wood trim myself without it kinda makes the car look cheap.
Old 01-03-07, 09:49 AM
is_wil
Driver

Default Luxury it is!

Thanks for your input...my decision basically came down to do I want the wood and the lighting door sills more than I want the painted plastic/aluminum and a "lower" suspension - and the likely more firm ride that comes with it.

After seeing a post from "The Syndica" (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257091) and seeing his side profile shot with the standard suspension - the gap isn't noticeably different at all - this confirms what I checked at the dealer, I could barely discern if there was a difference in the front gap between Premium and X/Sport suspension - MAYBE half of one finger.

Long story short - I'm glad I came to CL and asked questions - it helped make my decision.

BTW: Did triple-confirm with the dealer that X-Package cannot be combined with anything but Premium.