IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Inventory Locator

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-07, 04:10 PM
Shiba
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Inventory Locator

Am I missing something or does Lexus not have any site that you can locate their new inventory?

Just about every car manufacture that I can think of has this but I can not seem to find it with Lexus.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-01-07, 05:11 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiba
Just about every car manufacture that I can think of has...
Examples? I looked at other manufactures, but found nothing. Usually it's up to the dealer to post their inventories not the manufacture.
Old 01-01-07, 06:32 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Infiniti had one last year when I configured a G coupe on infiniti.com, but it seems like they removed it from the site this year.

My guess is that Lexus (and Infiniti) would rather you cultivate a long term relationship with your local dealer and let them locate your car, rather than having customers use an online shopping tool to scan dealers, as though they were looking for a good e-tailer to buy a TV or DVD player.
Old 01-01-07, 06:36 PM
rollinboy
Rookie

I have noticed the same thing. It looks to me like it goes by individual dealership. I have found some BMW and Mercedes sites that have the ability to search local dealer inventory. I asked my dealerships internet sales dept and they said basically inventory moves so fast there is no point in putting anything on there. Basically they said go to Lexus.com and build it. Let them know what you want and they will get it for you. done deal.

Scott
Old 01-01-07, 07:28 PM
Shiba
Driver School Candidate

Well I know Porsche and Ford do. Ford, you can go on the main site and then lookup the individual dealers inventory. Pretty cool when hunting for a particular model and options.
Old 01-01-07, 07:46 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiba
Ford, you can go on the main site and then lookup the individual dealers inventory. Pretty cool when hunting for a particular model and options.
And armed with that info, you can contact those (often distant) dealers who have what you want in-stock, and get them to compete on price, eventually buying the car from the dealer who will give you the best deal.

Very nice for the tech-savvy customer, but not so nice for your local dealership, that has invested in marble restrooms and cappuccino machines to deliver the "Lexus experience".

Last edited by Bichon; 01-01-07 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-02-07, 07:16 AM
Shiba
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bichon
And armed with that info, you can contact those (often distant) dealers who have what you want in-stock, and get them to compete on price, eventually buying the car from the dealer who will give you the best deal.

Very nice for the tech-savvy customer, but not so nice for your local dealership, that has invested in marble restrooms and cappuccino machines to deliver the "Lexus experience".
Very good point!!! I guess they research and do what they think is best for them
Old 01-02-07, 09:06 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
Are there really marble restrooms and cappuccino machines at Lexus dealerships???

Man, maybe I should stop by a dealership to drink some coffee and take a whiz next time I drive by one!