IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Where is your IS parked?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-07, 08:49 PM
tracerit
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is your IS parked?

I'm looking to mvoe out and get a new car around the same time in a few months. I'm just worried about having a nice car in open parking spaces (considering moving to an apartment). Right now I have an 04 Accord and while I don't care much for it since I'll be getting an IS later, I still want it pristine so it'll help with the downpayment
Old 01-05-07, 09:12 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

I will not park next to another car unless I can fully open the door without touching the other car. That is the only way I can be sure there will not be any dings on my door.
Old 01-05-07, 09:12 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Best bet is to find a complex with assigned parking spots, and befriend the people with the spots next to yours. Bring over a good bottle of wine or a six pack of their favorite brew, and casually let them know you are **** about door dings, and to please be careful.
Old 01-05-07, 09:21 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Mines parked in the garage. See below.

If you get an apartment make sure you have a covered garage. I wouldnt want a new car sitting in the hot sun all day long especially with leather seats.

Old 01-05-07, 10:03 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine's at home next to my dad's x5. the first week i had the car i had to park it outside while making room in the garage. still a little tight fit but i can back it in and we can open our doors comfortably. when i move into a condo/apartment, i will absolutely have to have a garage. no open lots or covered spaces. i have heard far too many horror stories from friends in complexes w/o garages.

where are you moving to? even in the 'richer' cities/areas, there are still things that happen to nice cars, and i mean break-ins, slashed tires, etc.
Old 01-05-07, 10:08 PM
tracerit
Pole Position

hm... i thought i replied to this thread already... guess not haha

this will be my first time living on my own so i never knew that there are some places that have assigned parking or covered spots. that's good to know

i live in huntington beach, ca with my parents in a covered garage but i'm planning on moving to maybe the irvine/riverside cities for my job.
Old 01-05-07, 10:37 PM
bturnbaugh
Driver

Every place I lived it was about the garage (parking) first then my wife kitchen second. Now that my wife has a new car parked next to my IS she is greatful for the covered enclosed parking against the weather. Covered, closed parking all the way.
Old 01-06-07, 12:11 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my cars are garage kept. I have friends that have so much stuff in their garage, all their cars are parked outside all the time. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a garage (pack rats).
Old 01-06-07, 12:14 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 9520G
I will not park next to another car unless I can fully open the door without touching the other car. That is the only way I can be sure there will not be any dings on my door.
Same here.
Old 01-06-07, 12:41 AM
Jblaze2
Pole Position

I parallel park my car on a random street next to strangers everyday. Before this car I had my dad's Lexus LS for 2 weeks, and before that I had a 99 Camry for 6 months. My girlfriend drives a civic that she's also parked for 9 months. Never had a single scratch or dent.

Do I wish I had a garage or assigned parking? Of course I do! However, the parking garages in my apt complex are $65/month and it's just not worth it for me.
Old 01-06-07, 01:19 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My IS is parked in my garage next to my Vespa. No doors on the Vespa to hit the IS, however, I have to be careful not to hit the Vespa with the door of the IS. But that would never happen.
Old 01-06-07, 03:48 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I live in a condo with assigned parking. I'm cool with my neighbor, but she's still the type of person that doesn't give a hoot and would ding my car if I parked close enough. It doesn't help that she just got a new truck with big doors. At least on the driver's side, I have a grass strip with some trees, so I usually just park it closer to that side.
Old 01-06-07, 03:59 AM
snaKe
Driver

My IS is parked in my garage too. It's pretty small but hey what are those park distance control sensors for The downside is that you can acces the car from the drivers side only the passenger side has about 10 inch from door to the wall
Old 01-06-07, 05:14 AM
uenvyflac
Rookie

Mines parked in the garage next to my g/f's Sebring convertable.
Old 01-06-07, 08:25 AM
linohawaii
Driver School Candidate

Not to change the subject but for those who park their IS in the enclosed garage with another car, I'm willing to bet the IS is always on the right side.

Quick Reply: Where is your IS parked?