IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Which One should i go for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-07, 01:00 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which One should i go for?

well here's whats going on......im looking for specific packages on an 2007 IS350, but every dealer i talk to either doesn't have what im looking for or nothing at all. So my dilemma is do i take the closest match to what im looking for? Or there's an 2006 IS350 im considering which is still new and unregistered, its not exactly what im looking for but the dealer might be willing to go under invoice to sell it. Or in a stretch i might try and get an 2007 GS350.......thoughts?
Old 01-08-07, 01:19 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like both... good luck!!
Old 01-08-07, 01:20 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get what you want. If you have a bit of time and patience, I suggest doing a Special Order for the exact car that you want, and haggle the price tag prior to ordering it.

"Looking for a dealer willing to go under invoice"? I don't think that is happening unless it's a special circumstance (like someone offering a bare no-option added Gold IS near/below invoice). But it doesn't hurt to ask; it just hurts to hear the answer...
Old 01-08-07, 03:11 PM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Explain more- what are you looking for- what are they missing- how far off is the 06?
Old 01-08-07, 06:55 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

the 06 IS350 has a package i wasn't looking for and it has the ML system which i didn't want, plus its a boring exterior color. for the 07's most of the IS350's are missing one package or another.
Old 01-09-07, 10:02 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

You need to be more specific - what exactly do you want on an '07 IS350 and what is on the '06. If you are vague in your descriptions, you're only going to get vague answers . . . btw, IMHO the ML is definitely worth it - many members in the NE couldn't get ML on their 350 . . .
Old 01-09-07, 10:13 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have an 07 IS350 and my brother has the 07 Gs350... it's actually a very nice car in my opinion.... I'm jealous of the wooden steering wheel that he has... and he also has the "man" arm rest. you know what i wish i had the GS's interior with my IS exterior.... the gs is nice don't me wrong... just my opinion that's all
Old 01-09-07, 10:19 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

^^^ but your brother prolly spent $8k more than you did, for the extra 8k you could add a wood/leather steering wheel and a bigger armrest and still pocket the change . . .
Old 01-09-07, 10:22 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
i have an 07 IS350 and my brother has the 07 Gs350... it's actually a very nice car in my opinion.... I'm jealous of the wooden steering wheel that he has... and he also has the "man" arm rest. you know what i wish i had the GS's interior with my IS exterior.... the gs is nice don't me wrong... just my opinion that's all
I test drove the GS430 before getting my IS350, and found it quite a bit less sporty and not as fun-to-drive. It feels bigger and much less tossable. Hate to admit it on a Lexus forum, but in that size class I actually preferred the M45.
Old 01-09-07, 11:49 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if you've got financial motivations, go back to the dealership that's still holding the new and unregistered 2k6 is350 and do some serious negotiation. as it hasn't been sold by now, the dealership is losing money in the form of depreciation by holding onto it past its model year. you can definitely get something better than "invoice price". don't let them try and get you to eat the loss on value.

but if you really want your is350 to come equipped the way you want it, then just go w/ a special order.

g'luck, and keep us posted.
Old 01-09-07, 10:31 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

well i found out today that the 2006 IS350 is gone, someone sold it. im sick of lexus and them not making many IS350's. all the dealers either dont have any or are getting a couple at a time and with crappy packages or with the same boring color combos. im going to the infiniti, acura, bmw, and audi dealer sometime soon. if i like any of the cars and the price is good and i dont have to go through this special order crap then..........
Old 01-10-07, 12:53 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ my condolences.

i know what it feels like to have a deal slip through your hands, but that should not be a deterrent to your future ownership experience.

having said that, and in consideration of your current situation, you should strongly consider custom-ordering your is350. that way, you can get your desired exterior/interior colors and factory options. on the other hand, if you can get a very good deal on an inventory car that is close to (but not quite exactly) what you want, you should strongly consider that as well.

shopping around and buying what you want for the price you want takes considerable time, which if spent wisely will pay dividends for you in the form of a positive ownership experience. personally, i spent close to two months making calls and visiting dealerships, not to mention the numerous hours spent negotiating deals. in the end, i am very happy and satisfied to have what i have now, although there were some options that i did not want in the beginning.

regardless of the make/model/package you choose, best of luck and continue to keep us informed.
Old 01-10-07, 10:50 AM
el3ctone
Pole Position

like how i got my 2007 IS350, they didn't have a single one with ML and Luxury Package.

So i ended up taking what they had on the lot.
IS350 with just the premium package, and navi.
Old 01-10-07, 11:01 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by el3ctone
like how i got my 2007 IS350, they didn't have a single one with ML and Luxury Package.

So i ended up taking what they had on the lot.
IS350 with just the premium package, and navi.
yea but at least you got a good color, the car you have is a car i would probably take if any of the dealers have it. every dealer i talked to have the same boring colors. And maybe i should have mentioned that i need to get my car soon, and cannot wait for special orders or keep waiting for the car to show up by allocation.
Old 01-10-07, 11:16 AM
The Chad
Driver

This car is a lot of money to settle for something you don't want and / or options you don't want.

If you can't afford to wait for a special order and you still want an IS you need to be on the phone daily with local dealerships, emailing all of them and trying to find one that closely matches what you want. Then be ready to jump on the first good deal you get b/c if you wait around, it'll be gone.

Or go out of market or your region to find your car. Fly to the dealership and drive the car home. Another option if you cannot wait for the special order time.

Quick Reply: Which One should i go for?