Goodyear Chipped finish off my Rim

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 08:54 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Goodyear Chipped finish off my Rim

!!!!!!!!!!
So I go to check out the work Goodyear did when I got home because there was a nail in my tire and I had them remove it. Well first they could not find the wheel lock remover, I told them it was in the truck not the glove box and I had my things locked in the glove box, I drive over there and they go, oh we found it in the truck... So I drive back home and they call like 10 minutes later and say its fixed. I bring it home and check to make sure everything is in order, WELL my the PSI in the tire was at 40!! So I let the air out till its at 31, thennnnn I look at the rim and there is a HUGE CHIP IN THE FINISH OF THE ALLOY RIM right NEXT to the tire fill spout!!!

What can I do? Poor Lexy is all banged up now, IM NEVER GOING BACK TO GOODYEAR THEY SUCK!! (( BTW, Im talking about the Goodyear in Bellaire, TX inside Houston, TX ))
Old 01-09-07, 09:10 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get them to pay for the cost of a new rim. It is their fault, right?
Old 01-09-07, 10:05 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

he cant do anything becuase they will not admit to anything since he left and then discovered it later
Old 01-10-07, 05:24 AM
nitrofish
Driver School Candidate

nope. Once you leave their store, they won't claim responsibility for anything.

I always make sure to check rims with a manager when I drop them off. We check again when I come back. I rarely leave my whole car there....just the rims/tires.

I do the same thing with rentals. ****, maybe. But I'm not paying for someone else's negligence.
Old 01-10-07, 05:50 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SParker1tx
!!!!!!!!!!
So I go to check out the work Goodyear did when I got home because there was a nail in my tire and I had them remove it. Well first they could not find the wheel lock remover, I told them it was in the truck not the glove box and I had my things locked in the glove box, I drive over there and they go, oh we found it in the truck... So I drive back home and they call like 10 minutes later and say its fixed. I bring it home and check to make sure everything is in order, WELL my the PSI in the tire was at 40!! So I let the air out till its at 31, thennnnn I look at the rim and there is a HUGE CHIP IN THE FINISH OF THE ALLOY RIM right NEXT to the tire fill spout!!!

What can I do? Poor Lexy is all banged up now, IM NEVER GOING BACK TO GOODYEAR THEY SUCK!! (( BTW, Im talking about the Goodyear in Bellaire, TX inside Houston, TX ))
Bring it back to them ..cause they worked on it and it was the exact side and rim so.. I don't see a reason why you should not.. I would probbaly will and give it a shot..
Old 01-10-07, 06:55 AM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SPEED&ECO.
he cant do anything becuase they will not admit to anything since he left and then discovered it later
Off Topic: From a glance, I thought I posted in this thread. Nice sig.

-Mike
Old 01-10-07, 07:00 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Even if he had discovered it while still at the shop, they could still deny everything. That's why I always have them note on the sales ticket that there is no damage on the wheel before they start working on it. I do the same thing whenever I bring my car into the dealer for service, except have them inspect the whole car and sign off.

BTW, isn't the tire pressure on the rears supposed to be 37 PSI?
Old 01-10-07, 08:01 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Hopefully, Goodyear will stand behind their customers. This happened to me before when I bought aftermarket wheels for my Benz. When I got home, I realized there was a chip on one of the wheels. I took it back to them and they offered to get it fixed for free. I told them heck no! This is a brand new wheel and I will not accept anything less. So they ordered a new wheel from Italy and replaced it. Don't take crap from anyone. Stand your ground until they do what is right.
Old 01-10-07, 08:22 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Agreed - go back and speak to the manager about it. Be nice but firm.
Old 01-10-07, 09:34 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I had something similar happen at an NTB a few years back. My case was a little different in that they scratched the hell out of two of my rims but they came to me as soon as it happened and informed me about it. The manager came over and told me that they would send out each rim one at a time to be repaired at their expense. Other than the fact that I had to drive around on a donut for 2 weeks, it didn't cost me a penny.
Old 01-10-07, 10:14 AM
JasonC
Pole Position

the likelihood of them damaging is high since you like many of us are obsessed with our ISs. they probably wouldn't take care of it, but you should call them asap and see if they would take care of you. goodluck tho!
Old 01-10-07, 10:29 AM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys, I just got home from school and talked to Goodyear, I told them what happened and explained to him that the crack was definately a pressure crack caused by the overinflation of the tire. He said he would definately fix it free of charge to me, I'll be making an appointment with one of there shops that will repair my rim! Yay for Goodyear.....
Old 01-10-07, 03:36 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SParker1tx
Wow, thanks for all the responses guys, I just got home from school and talked to Goodyear, I told them what happened and explained to him that the crack was definately a pressure crack caused by the overinflation of the tire. He said he would definately fix it free of charge to me, I'll be making an appointment with one of there shops that will repair my rim! Yay for Goodyear.....
They didn't overinflate your tire. The recommended cold tire inflation pressures for your car are 35psi front and 38psi back for speeds up to 100mph and 44psi front and 46psi back for speeds over 100mph. For real high speed running you are looking at 46psi front and 48psi back. 40psi wouldn't cause a pressure crack. Good luck though.
Old 01-12-07, 05:21 PM
PGSberg
Driver School Candidate

When you get the wheel back check it carefully in bright light. The local Goodyear shop damaged the wheel on my MINI Cooper "S". Their policy is that they have a replacement wheel (not new) sent in. They have a repair facility that refinishes damaged wheels and exchanges them for new damaged wheels. To make a long story short the color was off enough that bothered me. If your Goodyear store has a local shop that does the repairs, that may be better.
v/r Greg