IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: POLL TIME!! 08 Skyline/G35 or Lexus IS 350?
G35
32.28%
IS 350
67.72%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

2008 Infiniti G35 Coupe or Lexus IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 09:54 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soda
+1 They're everywhere. Though I do like the new concept coupe, it's sexy as hell but in all reality IMO they need to load em up and make em fast so they keep the price up so every third car you pass isn't the same one you have..Now the IS is everywhere too.
That's probably the worst idea ever. Why in the world would they inflate the price of one of their best selling and most profitable cars? The price point of the G and the IS is exactly where it should be.
Old 01-12-07, 11:18 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
and you think the new G will be exclusive forever, the current G is all over the place, same thing will happen to the new G
I dont think you got my post bro. I wasn't saying get the "G" for exclusivity. In fact I was encouraging him (in fun) to get the new G35 so that we could keep the ISx50 exclusive.
Old 01-12-07, 11:23 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after testing both and looking at the g it sucks *****... the seat dont fell much like the is... i love the is seat. Man i just wanna sleep on them. As for how the interior looks the g looks like cheap plastic crap.. get the is u wont regret it
Old 01-13-07, 12:45 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by linh811
My 03 G35C handles WAY better than my IS350. They're not even in the same ballpark.....

The 03 coupe is most likely going to be traded in for an 08 coupe.

I know I"ll be flamed for this, but I LOVE how Infiniti didn't release a castrated version of their G series (ie IS250). All the G series are 350's, keeps the cost of entry and exclusivity up...
They do in Japan, where the G35 is the skyline. They offer a 2.5 liter engine.
True luxury car makers are about options. Lexus figured this out by offering now 3 ISs with 3 different engines. BMW offers over 10 engines in Europe, 3 here. Benz maybe 4 engines here, over 10 in Europe.
Old 01-13-07, 12:48 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by AM1
I agree about lexus even making the IS250 to begin with, but you know with toyota everything is about making $$$ and making as much as possible. The IS250 is cheaper and to most people offer at least adequate power so it will sell good and make them $$. If lexus had never made the IS250 to begin with i'd probably already have my IS350 in what i want cuz they would be focusing on making one car, rather then two cars. And really both the G35 and IS350 have compelling reasons to buy either of the two. both cars excel in different areas. The key thing i think with inifinit is how they offer the car with a manual and coupe option, which in this price and category should be options. Toyota i think is still not fully committed to taking over this category by not offering those two options (manual or coupe).
Invalid arguement about Lexus being cheaper and trying to make $$$. You make money on your EXPENSIVE cars, not the cheaper ones. People want options, they want choices. Most can give a rats *** about 306hp. But people like me and you do

On top of that a G35 is amazingly, as much as most IS 250s. price for price.

I think the G35 sedan 2007 base price is AMAZING.
Old 01-13-07, 06:58 AM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

i was confused between the 07 is250 or the 07 g35 coupe . im very happy with my choice.
Old 01-13-07, 10:21 AM
Soda
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ramon
That's probably the worst idea ever. Why in the world would they inflate the price of one of their best selling and most profitable cars? The price point of the G and the IS is exactly where it should be.
Like the IS-F & Z06 Vette. It's gonna be expensive and not everyone is gonna have them. They could do that too, either way, make them a lil different so the people who wanna be more exclusive can be.
Old 01-13-07, 10:30 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Really can't say for sure since the new G35 coupe is not even out yet for us to have a detailed look at it & test drive it. But just based on the fact that the G35 coupe will be available with a 6-speed manual, I will be heavily leaning towards the G35 coupe. The IS350 could well be better in some areas, but the G35 will definitely be sportier. Right now, I still prefer Lexus for a luxurious, refined ride, but would go to Infiniti & other alternatives for my sporty fun car.
Old 01-13-07, 10:39 AM
Irishfan
Driver

Sporty, fun car? The Evo X looks very promising... And, from what we've seen, it's not ugly!
Old 01-13-07, 05:14 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting article on Forbes.com the other day:

http://www.forbes.com/home/business/...110luxury.html

Towards the bottom one of BMW's marketing pooh-bahs states that they fear Infiniti more than Lexus from a performance standpoint. No surprise there.
Old 01-14-07, 08:59 PM
gassman
Pole Position

Keepin my IS 350 for daily driver and hope to get 2008 GT3...OK, maybe in 2020.
Old 01-14-07, 10:28 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Soda
Like the IS-F & Z06 Vette. It's gonna be expensive and not everyone is gonna have them. They could do that too, either way, make them a lil different so the people who wanna be more exclusive can be.
The IS-F and Z06 are limited production cars, BIG difference. There is a reason why limited production cars exist and mainstream cars exist. If you want to me more exclusive you don't buy a mass produced vehicle.
Old 01-15-07, 11:32 AM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ramon
The IS-F and Z06 are limited production cars, BIG difference. There is a reason why limited production cars exist and mainstream cars exist. If you want to me more exclusive you don't buy a mass produced vehicle.
I believe the respective manufacturers claimed they were limited production, but anyone who walks into a Chevy dealer can order one if there isn't one on the lot. That's what Honda also said when they released the S2000, but it turned out it's still hanging around.
Old 01-15-07, 11:59 AM
linh811
Lead Lap

the Z06 is anything but "limited." Any chevy dealer will order you one.......
Old 01-15-07, 03:48 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

By limited I do not mean you can't get one. It is still considered a limited production vehicle, hence the price premium over the standard C6. IS250's and 350's are not considered limited production cars, even though when the 350 came out, it was not so easy to get your hands on one. The term isn't necessarily ment to be taken literally. This is the reason however why the price points are where they're at. Lexus does not want the IS350 to be exclusive, that is why it is priced to be competitive with it's competition. Raising the price to make a regular car that was never ment to be exclusive more "exclusive" is foolish. That's what the IS-F is for, that's what BMW's M vehicles are for, that's what AMG's are for and that is what the Z06 is for.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G35 Coupe or Lexus IS 350