IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Car Accident...vol. HIT AND RUN!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-07, 12:05 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSyndica
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, job well done, ron. Anyways, you live in cali? What part of cali?
thanks man. im in west hills/calabasas/woodland hills area. 818.

and about the nurse outfit. no offense to male nurses, he just had a nice baby blue top on, with matching baby blue pants and sweet asics. he was also pretty heavy set. it was quite the sight.
Old 01-13-07, 12:10 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Originally Posted by kensteele
when you leave the scene of an accident, you are "running" as well. there is no "I went to chase down the person that hit me." How could anyone possibly know what happened between two cars five miles away in another part of town? You're not the police, you should have tried to get her license plate number and stay put. Now you left the scene of the accident as well. Good luck.
hey man, i know you're trying to help, but will this jepoardize my case?? i DID stop actually. it was her who did not stop. i stopped to inspect the damage, and then i noticed her driving away. at first i thought she was trying to pull over in a residential area but she just kept on going. that's why i followed her.
Old 01-13-07, 12:51 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

one last question, will my insurance rate go up?? im only 17, so a higher insurance rate would suck even more...like even if i win the case and it is settled in my favor?
Old 01-13-07, 01:17 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
thats why u keep a camera and a weapon in your car at all times. well you should anyways.
For sure. Take a picture of her licence plate before you pop her in the back of the head while she's trying to get away....then if you miss, you can track her down with her plate number and finish her off.
I hope you were kidding...I was.
Old 01-13-07, 01:20 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ron_is350
one last question, will my insurance rate go up?? im only 17, so a higher insurance rate would suck even more...like even if i win the case and it is settled in my favor?
If she is found to be 100% at fault, your insurance rate should not be affected. At least, that's the way it is here.
Old 01-13-07, 03:35 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man, i know you're trying to help, but will this jepoardize my case?? i DID stop actually. it was her who did not stop. i stopped to inspect the damage, and then i noticed her driving away. at first i thought she was trying to pull over in a residential area but she just kept on going. that's why i followed her.
I'd have done the same thing. Except, I would have pulled out my gat, and then a rat-a-tat-tat..... cause I never hesitate to put a fool on his back.

j/k
Old 01-13-07, 08:33 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
thats why u keep a camera and a weapon in your car at all times. well you should anyways.
AM1 you a vato in LA or what man?

"So AM1 he went straight to the trunk of his car... he got his gun and they start running hard, he started firing and then he just charged... POW!!!"
Old 01-13-07, 09:12 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw Kens post........He's wrong. I'm actually laughing out loud at his ignorance to the matter.

If you have to chase someone because they didn't stop, that in no way constitutes you running as well. As a citizen, you have the right make a citizens arrest, and pursue that person to a reasonable extent to affect the arrest.

If you call 911 on your cell, it automatically connects with CHP dispatchers. They will ask you to follow the vehicle if it is safe to do so. They in turn will hold you on the line and give a turn by turn to the officers in the area to make the stop.

And if you think I'm full of shiate......look at my username and do the math.....
Old 01-13-07, 09:49 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by unit74
I just saw Kens post........He's wrong. I'm actually laughing out loud at his ignorance to the matter.

If you have to chase someone because they didn't stop, that in no way constitutes you running as well. As a citizen, you have the right make a citizens arrest, and pursue that person to a reasonable extent to affect the arrest.

If you call 911 on your cell, it automatically connects with CHP dispatchers. They will ask you to follow the vehicle if it is safe to do so. They in turn will hold you on the line and give a turn by turn to the officers in the area to make the stop.

And if you think I'm full of shiate......look at my username and do the math.....
wow, i had a long post then i accidently deleted it. but i still have one of the links: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calba...=10581&id=2174 and http://www.deadlyroads.com/state-laws.html

He did say she stopped, she just wouldn't stay. So you know how this will go down, think about it. btw, i think our laws in kansas are much more relaxed and lenient (than in CA) so YMMV.

Last edited by kensteele; 01-13-07 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-13-07, 09:54 AM
Turkf26
Driver

There are many of ways to go with this. First, if she puts in a claim to her insurance saying he hit someone, they will contact you and pay to have your car fixed and your insurance is never involved.

If she refuses to put in a claim and you must put in a claim with your insurance, they will at first try to contact her/her insurance to see if they are claiming responsibility or not. If they deny responsibility than yes you will have to pay your deductible and your rates will go up.

Did the police file a report stating that she ran into you?? If so then right there her insurance will cover it and you will not have to pay anything or have your rates go up. If they filed a report that says either of you COULD have been at fault, then the insurance companies will say that you are both equally at fault, even though its not your fault, and will make both of you go through your own insurance company.

I would personally say that if her insurance will not cover it or will not take responsibility, to get an estimate to see if you can get it fixed without going through insurance if you have the money. It is going to be a tad expensive cause the whole fender, bumper, and ground effects will have to be repaired and painted. (Its hard to tell from the pic but the damage on the fender, it may just be paint/transfer on the fender and didnt damage it. In that case you would probably looking at 7-800 to pull the front bumper and ground effects, repair and repaint them and put them back on.)
Old 01-13-07, 10:00 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

not if your case is all about the accident. but if you try to press on with a case of hit-and-run and you don't have a police report that says she hit you....

I thought you said she stopped...but she just drove away and wouldn't stay (which is probably what she'll say). i would just focus on the accident piece and I definitely wouldn't chase a hit-and-run fender bender to make a citizen's arrest. good luck.
Old 01-13-07, 10:54 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

well i have already talked to my insurance company, and the last thing i want are my rates to go up. what should i do right now? go to my local PD and ask to file a hit and run? call her insurance company and try to get things straight with them? this is so ridiculous, i didn't do anything wrong, and now my rates are gonna go up? my insurance is already 4450 every 6 months...i have to get this ***** to pay for everything!

Last edited by IS_NIICE; 01-13-07 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-13-07, 11:28 AM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

Go to the PD and talk to them. You should definitly push for the hit and run. I am prety sure the law requires both of you to stop and exchange informaion after an acceident. She took off, and that is a violation! They key is something in the report to say that she hit you! That should get you off the hook with your insurance.
Old 01-13-07, 11:31 AM
Turkf26
Driver

Who is your insurance and who is her insurance??? From working with almost every insurance company i could tell ya if you are going to have a hard time or somewhat easy time...

I know the damage looks bad but what i have done many times for people with little fender benders like this is get some good rubbing compound and see if most of that is transfer. I can see that the bumper and the ground effects kit are damaged and need repair but the fender might be fine. I bet that a lot of that will rub off and not look as bad. Like i said before, it would cheaper if you could afford to get it fixed outright. A lot of bodyshops will cut you a deal if you are paying 100% cash for something rather than through insurance.
Old 01-13-07, 11:50 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

ouch, that sucks. someone POS did a hit and run on my IS. i loved to know who did it. lucky for you your damage is very minor and you know who did. my IS required a new door, fender, and mirror. good luck, and get that report filed. there is no reason for you to pay your deductible bcuz some idiot hit your car.

Quick Reply: My Car Accident...vol. HIT AND RUN!