IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Car Accident...vol. HIT AND RUN!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 06:28 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My Car Accident...vol. HIT AND RUN!

so i was leavin school today and was on my way to have lunch with some friends. i am driving in the left lane on a 2-lane street (each direction). on the right lane there is construction going on, so as i am driving some lady, tries to change lanes into mine to avoid the road work. she drives right into my passenger side fender and clips it. so by now i am like WTF DUDE. i get out check it out and notice some damage to my fender bumper and groundfx, not major, but enough to anger me. so i look at her, and all of a sudden she drives away. who does she think she is? i run into my car, and power on my car and the chase begins. i follow her every move, and i am on the phone with my dad reading off the license plate. i pulled up next to her and honked for a long time she pretended not to even notice me. after about 4 blocks of cat and mouse, she pulls over into her OWN house, and runs in and gets her husband. he then comes out, unknowing of the whole situation, and tells me to exchange information and let them figure it out. long story short, i wait for my mom and my homies bring me lunch and chill there with me. she is inside her house by now--crying, and her husband looked frustrated as well just sitting inside. he was sweating bullets dude. so after my mom arrive, she goes and knocks on the door, and the husband tell us to get off their property cause his wife doesnt wanna talk to us. after this my mom says "well maybe next time she should face her responsibility, and pull over". then their son came over and he said, to my mom "listen your, son is hallucinating, how do you know he isn't fabricating the story." i was like, you weren't even there how would you know. (he was a male nurse btw, he had a pretty cute outfit on). so we finally walk off their property, and the police FINALLY come, we explain the story. they were on our side i believe... and we all left. boooo...

Old 01-12-07, 06:31 PM
TR3XX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so did the Po-Po fined her for a hit and run?

Last edited by TR3XX; 01-12-07 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-12-07, 06:35 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sux, hope you get it repaired soon.
Old 01-12-07, 06:39 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Originally Posted by TR3XX
so did the Po-Po fined her for a hit and run?
no, theysaid even if she drove away-- if you eventually get her information before the cops arrive. it is not classified as a hit and run. basically, she got really creeped out and her husband gave me the info so they avoided that one.
Old 01-12-07, 06:59 PM
TheSyndica
Driver

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, job well done, ron. Anyways, you live in cali? What part of cali?
Old 01-12-07, 07:07 PM
DagsIS350
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm glad you were able to get her insurance information. That was great you chased her down. I would have done the same thing!

I'm curious as to why you felt it was important to point out that her son was wearing a cute outfit.

That's quite a stereotype you have. BTW I'm a male nurse... I wear scrubs to work (not cute outfits) LOL

Last edited by DagsIS350; 01-12-07 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-12-07, 08:32 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

when you leave the scene of an accident, you are "running" as well. there is no "I went to chase down the person that hit me." How could anyone possibly know what happened between two cars five miles away in another part of town? You're not the police, you should have tried to get her license plate number and stay put. Now you left the scene of the accident as well. Good luck.

Of course I believe you and know that they are wrong. But how would anyone else know, where there witnesses? Did you are the police inspect their car and assess the damage?

It's not a problem anyone, it's only a minor accident and that's why it's hard to charge hit and run. Honestly, I would never chase someone else to their home, if you get hurt or someone gets hurt along the way, you could be in major trouble. Particularly if you don't have proof as to why you are "stalking" another car. Sorry for the lecture.
Old 01-12-07, 09:08 PM
TommyLex
Rookie

well, obviously there is a motive show that they have done something wrong and have to run away, however, it still really hard to tell how the accident happen.

i had an minor accidentl couple months back, a stupid old merc idiot stupidly change lane without indicating and he just straight crossover the lane and hit me.

i was just get out of the car park and drove off around 50m+ and he claimed that it was my fault because he didnt see my car on the right lane (in nz, left must give way to right, by the way) and claim that it is my fault that crash over to his car.

anyway, when i saw his idiot behavior driving, i quickly turn right abit and avoid a major accident, similar damage as your one, but his car's stupid right mirror got broken ...... lol

but the most thing make me angry is my insurance decide not pursuit him for the damage, even they know it is his fault but as he keep dening, and then the insurance company ask me to fix it myself and take a year sth to get that guy on court and ask him for the payment.

far out, since it is not a big sum repair and time gonna waste on this **** make me sick, so i didnt go on.

so best luck on you mate.

i like the china style, whenever an accident happened, you either get police sorted it out the responsibility and payment now, or you never can do it. lol

somehow this make me believe that china has some most advance law in the world. captialism
Old 01-12-07, 09:21 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Why in the hell would you have called anyone other than 911?

And who ever that cop was was full off shiate......go read the Ca vehicle Code, VC20002. If I were you, I would go immediately down to the Police station and file a grievance with the watch commander. Also demand a hit and run report.

Your collision is 100% a hit and run, and you should DEMAND to press charges.
Old 01-12-07, 10:15 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

What a jackass husband. It's amazing to me how people can't fess up and do the right thing. By the looks of it there is no way she couldn't have known that she hit you. I agree with the previous poster. Go down to the station and file. She needs to learn the hard way or she shouldn't have a license.
Old 01-12-07, 10:23 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Originally Posted by unit74
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 01-12-07, 10:27 PM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by unit74

And who ever that cop was was full off shiate......go read the Ca vehicle Code, VC20002. If I were you, I would go immediately down to the Police station and file a grievance with the watch commander. Also demand a hit and run report.

Your collision is 100% a hit and run, and you should DEMAND to press charges.
I Agree. This is defenitly a hit and run!!! I don't live in the US, but our laws are not that different from yours. The police are wrong in this case. Hopfully they will sort this out for you.
Old 01-12-07, 11:55 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

for a small nominal fee, i can provide "dispute resolution services".

lol j/k.

i'd pursue this to the extent the law allows you to. good luck, keep us updated.
Old 01-12-07, 11:58 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

thats why u keep a camera and a weapon in your car at all times. well you should anyways.
Old 01-13-07, 12:01 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Originally Posted by Kepeli
I was wondering the same thing.
hey, i didnt call the police first because i just wanted to ask my dad what to do. i was sort of panicky, so i just called my dad, and then after i called the police. i guess i should have called them first but i was just confused at the time. plus i was trying to persue her and just acted on my first impulse...my dad was my first speed dial on the bluetooth...

thanks for all the feedback, i will go try to file a report tomorrow. do you happen to know where i can find that code of law?

Quick Reply: My Car Accident...vol. HIT AND RUN!