IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth pairing keeps getting disconnected

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 12:11 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having similar issues with my Blackberry 8700c from Cingular. I get in my car and it connects with the nav, if I receive a call and push the talk button on my steering wheel the phone will disconnect and I will have to dig thru my pocket to answer the phone and then while talking on that same conversation all of the sudden the phone will reconnect and it will start playing thru the speakers. It's rather annoying.
Old 04-25-07, 12:26 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jewel
I'm using a Nokia 8801 with Tmobile.

I pair the phone to the car, no problem. The phone works great for a week, but randomly, when I make calls from the car, the bluetooth between the car and phone will disconnect. The call will still go through with it being routed to the phone instead of the car. I try to hit the connect on the screen, but it will connect for 1 second, and then immediately disconnet with the "check your phone" message. In order to get everything working again, I have to delete the pairing on the nav, delete the pairing on the phone, turn off the BT on the phone, and then redo the pairing again.

Pain in the *** when you have to do it every single week.

Any idea what is going on here?
I've post the same problem before but no respones. I know we are using the same phone and same type of service so maybe it's the phone? Before they replace my new navi dvd it had happened a couple of times. All of sudden the BT will disconnect. Since navi dvd replacement it happened once very beginning but now it seems fine.
Old 04-25-07, 12:29 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
that battery meter does not represent how much battery life you have on your phone. That meter is actually the battery meter for the bluetooth. I've had it shut off on me several times and directed my phone call to my phone since the battery was low. everynight i charge my phone and when i go to work in the morning the battery meter fluctuates depending on how much i use it the previous day/night.

i don't know how to charge it other than not connect your phone for a day and it will recharge itself
interesting. I never thought of the meter on the screen and batt of bluetooth. I know one thing is that this will only happen in the afternoon while i'm driving back home.
Old 04-25-07, 12:36 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shaolin
interesting. I never thought of the meter on the screen and batt of bluetooth. I know one thing is that this will only happen in the afternoon while i'm driving back home.
Just so we clear the air... there is no such thing as a bluetooth battery. There is Bluetooth signal strength but Bluetooth itself does not have its own battery.
Old 04-25-07, 01:02 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buds
Just so we clear the air... there is no such thing as a bluetooth battery. There is Bluetooth signal strength but Bluetooth itself does not have its own battery.
EXACTLY!!! The battery and signal strength icon on the GPS is screen is supposed to show your CELL PHONE battery and CELL PHONE signal strength! The problem is that none of the damn phones on the market support that ever version of hands-free profile lexus chose to use to support those features!
Old 04-25-07, 01:33 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder if the iPhone will work when it comes out in a few months... I'm getting real sick of the issues with my 8700 and I've only had the car a few weeks!