IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ok convince me to buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 07:52 PM
celica2nv
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no i dont need the forum to convince me to buy it ....just wanted some opinions......like i said in my first post...i can never commit to any major things....i ahve been putting off marriage and other crap like that....just scared of huge commitments...i cant lease i put 20k on a year. im test driving tomorrow at ray cantena in nj. thanks for the info.
Old 01-19-07, 09:11 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by linh811
a lexus is a known commodity, hard to go wrong.

here's how my purchasing experience went:
my old car had gone out of warranty, the AC wasn't cold anymore and I didn't feel like spending money fixing it. I knew I wanted a sporty sedan, my immediate choices were the IS, G35, 330, A4, or TL. At the time, the IS was the newest model. I already had the G35c and thought having 2 G35's was a bit much.
Having never actually seen the IS, I jumped on the lexus website and found it was pretty powerful and looked pretty good. I emailed a bunch of dealers with the color and options I wanted. A dealer in Dallas responded to me the next day with the car on the lot. We haggled for about 5 minutes over the phone, deal was made and the car was delivered to my driveway the next day via covered flatbed transport. I had actually never seen any IS in real life, first one I saw was when they uncovered mine in my driveway. I would not have purchased this way had it not been a lexus. Again, a lexus, like a camry or accord, is a known commodity.
Let me get this straight. You live in a town with FOUR Lexus dealer's yet you bought from an out of town dealer after never seeing one in the flesh? That's a hell of a way to spend $40k + over the phone, without taking it for a spin around the block, or at least sitting in it.