IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question for Glacier Frost Mica owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 07:37 PM
DPFaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Glacier Frost Mica owners

Hi, this question is for those of you who have purchased or ordered a 2007 Glacier Frost Mica IS350 in California: How difficult is it to come by this color?

The reason I ask is because I placed an order for a Glacier Frost/Black a few months back. The dealer has given me updates on his allocation numbers every two weeks. The three most recent times the dealer has contacted me, he said that there is only one Glacier Frost Mica/Black in the entire western region for that particular allocation. I REALLY like the Glacier Frost, though maybe I have to look to my second (more common) color choice of Starfire Pearl.

Old 01-19-07, 08:26 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me state it very simply. Glacier Frost Mica is hard to come by. Toyota just doesn't make enough of it (Or rather they do, but they all end up in Japan & Hawaii). Cause this color is more of a like it or hate it, and most people go with the usual suspects when it comes to color.

My advice, just be patient. You will not regret the color. Good luck!
Old 01-19-07, 09:05 PM
el3ctone
Pole Position

Mine was the ONLY AVAILABLE 350 with Glacier Frost Mica here in SO CAL, I really wanted to have the Luxury Package, but i didn't want to wait, so i took the only one with the premium package
Old 01-19-07, 10:38 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

it seemed easier to come by the color for the 06 model yr.. 07 i haven't really noticed any yet.
Old 01-19-07, 10:53 PM
MBenzman
Driver School Candidate

I have an o6 gfm/black. You will love it. I had a very, very hard time locating one. It was worth the wait.
Old 01-19-07, 11:32 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was looking for that color too. in all the weeks of looking calling around, i found only two dealers that even had one in stock all with nav and premium. im looking for lux or sport package also.......hey el3ctone did you get your IS350 recently? cuz that is350 you have sounds familiar......there was one out around with that exact configuration i passed up.
Old 01-19-07, 11:35 PM
el3ctone
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AM1
i was looking for that color too. in all the weeks of looking calling around, i found only two dealers that even had one in stock all with nav and premium. im looking for lux or sport package also.......hey el3ctone did you get your IS350 recently? cuz that is350 you have sounds familiar......there was one out around with that exact configuration i passed up.
got mine a little over a month ago. at THOUSAND OAKS LEXUS.
Old 01-19-07, 11:38 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha ok....well theres another one just like yours somewhere out there.
Old 01-19-07, 11:39 PM
el3ctone
Pole Position

guess i was wrong with the part, "THE ONLY GFM 350 in SO CAL" hehe.. good to know :P
Old 01-20-07, 06:27 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Yes this is a hard color to find on a loaded 350, even harder if you want the Lux Pkg with ML/Nav. Today I saw a few of them on the 250 just to give me an idea of the color before ordering. But Glacier Frost is a special order color at least on a 350 loaded, unless you are extremely lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I saw Tungsten but it seemed kinda flat with not much metallic flake also saw Smokey G nice in the sun with alot of flake but almost black in the shade. So it appears Glacier might be the color I'd choose with black interior.
Old 01-20-07, 06:51 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Got gfm350 lux/ml/nav/sport.only one my dealership ever had with those options.i had to put 5,000 down and wait until the GM of the dealership got tired of pimping it to lunch.which was at 400 miles.got a good deal tho.
Old 01-20-07, 06:55 PM
DPFaster
Driver School Candidate

After a little thinking, I am now back to the "undecided" stage of what exterior color I want. I have it narrowed down to Glacier Frost Mica and Starfire Pearl. I think if Starfire Pearl is more readily available than Glacier Frost Mica (which it appears it is), I will go that route. I just hope a Starfire Pearl/Black combo is not as difficult to find as a Glacier Frost Mica/Black Decisions, decisions....
Old 01-20-07, 07:44 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DPFaster
After a little thinking, I am now back to the "undecided" stage of what exterior color I want. I have it narrowed down to Glacier Frost Mica and Starfire Pearl. I think if Starfire Pearl is more readily available than Glacier Frost Mica (which it appears it is), I will go that route. I just hope a Starfire Pearl/Black combo is not as difficult to find as a Glacier Frost Mica/Black Decisions, decisions....
Get the GFM it's great even if you have to wait a little longer.
Old 01-20-07, 09:02 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For me, I guess it was serendipity.

When we were shopping, we saw a GFM GS and were awed by the color.. but we did not expect the IS to have this color available so we were shopping for a Starfire Pearl or Crystal White IS with black interior.

Coincidentally at the time of receiving quotes, they did not have any of those colors at the local dealership and the sales man recommended the GFM over the phone.

i was shocked with surprise and immediately drove to the dealership to confirm if that was the same color we saw on the GS.

Once confirmed, we bought the car the next day. I would say we were very lucky and was destined for this color.

about 2 months later, another of my friend was in the market for GFM but it was special order only, so he had to settle for the Starfire Pearl. I was quite glad he didnt get the same color as I.

Goodluck with your sale. I have received many complements of the car color and many people did not know it was a OEM Paint color. Almost 8/10 people who have seen it the first time thought it was a custom paint job.
Old 01-20-07, 10:00 PM
andyx222
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DPFaster
Hi, this question is for those of you who have purchased or ordered a 2007 Glacier Frost Mica IS350 in California: How difficult is it to come by this color?

The reason I ask is because I placed an order for a Glacier Frost/Black a few months back. The dealer has given me updates on his allocation numbers every two weeks. The three most recent times the dealer has contacted me, he said that there is only one Glacier Frost Mica/Black in the entire western region for that particular allocation. I REALLY like the Glacier Frost, though maybe I have to look to my second (more common) color choice of Starfire Pearl.

I have a GFM IS250, not a IS350. It was still hard to come by. I only had to wait 1 week, I got really lucky. My buddy works at Longo Lexus and he was able to ****** it when it was still pending import in Japan. There was 5 other people offering $3000 more then what I was going to pay! If you're set on the car, pm me and I'll hook you up with my buddy at Longo Lexus. You'll love the color. It gives the illusion of so many different colors under different weather/lighting conditions! It never gets old. Good luck with your car purchase.

Quick Reply: Question for Glacier Frost Mica owners