IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

nav reflection = most annoying thing in the world

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 12:48 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought that last week. In terms of effectiveness. Its pretty good. Does it get rid of a lot of glare? not really. I bought it for the protection not so much the glare. The last thing I want are scratches on the nav screen that you won't get out.

Although beware. If you get this, install it right the first time. I ended up scraping up the edge of the sheet after I tried to peel it off and reapply. The very first time will get you the best results in terms of being bubble free. I was being stupid and tried to get one tiny bubble out, but in the end made the screen worse. I think I may just buy another one....
Old 01-24-07, 01:12 PM
racinghart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcho82
I bought that last week. In terms of effectiveness. Its pretty good. Does it get rid of a lot of glare? not really. I bought it for the protection not so much the glare. The last thing I want are scratches on the nav screen that you won't get out.

Although beware. If you get this, install it right the first time. I ended up scraping up the edge of the sheet after I tried to peel it off and reapply. The very first time will get you the best results in terms of being bubble free. I was being stupid and tried to get one tiny bubble out, but in the end made the screen worse. I think I may just buy another one....

thanks man... that was good enough to get me to try it out and becareful to install it right the first time. ill give my review too when and if i finally get her

oh one more question, is it a perfect fit? does it go all the way to the edges?
Old 01-24-07, 01:16 PM
nore03
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow racinghart i hope your wife NEVER sees or reads ur sig. You would have to ask ur girlfriend on the side to become ur new wife.
Old 01-24-07, 01:20 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a perfect fit. I say becareful upon installation becausethe first time, I wasn't aligned properly so that when I installed it going from right to left, when I got to the left side, the top portion was too far over, and the lower portion was short. So I had to redo it. Plus you don't want to get any fingerprints on the sticky side of the screen protector as you are applying it. I'm always bad at applying these kinds of things. I ruined my blackberry screen protector doing the same thing....

Just make sure to use the microfiber cloth they give you to push down the screen protector fast, as you can eliminate most air bubbles this way, or do it little by little but make sure you smooth out the screen as you press down.