IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

D/R Addedvalue Survey

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 06:28 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 123 Likes on 96 Posts
Default D/R Addedvalue Survey

I received a card in the mail yesterday from these folks.

It was for a survey on "your ideal luxury sedan" and offered a chance to win $8K.

I logged on there and after the usual demographic and are you even the owner type of stuff, there was a boat load of adjective laden how do you feel about questions.

I wish they would just ask straightforward enthusiast questions and give us lots of room to tell them straight up info like we want slotted brakes not those cross drilled ones.

The cool thing they did have was after asking about what brands you would consider and I replied Alfa Romeo, they showed a few cars and asked you to rate them on how ideal they looked to you and included and Alfa design.

A little more than half way into the survey their server crashed. I tried to get back on this evening and they showed a screen that said you interrupted your visit and can't return.

Dear Lexus, please find another survey company.

I know it was lexus sponsored because the question about tranny options did not include smg in the list.
Old 01-24-07, 09:41 PM
uthatch
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received the same survey and everything went through fine. Must have been simply bad luck for you...or good luck for me.
Old 01-25-07, 06:26 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I received a card in the mail yesterday from these folks.

It was for a survey on "your ideal luxury sedan" and offered a chance to win $8K.

I logged on there and after the usual demographic and are you even the owner type of stuff, there was a boat load of adjective laden how do you feel about questions.

I wish they would just ask straightforward enthusiast questions and give us lots of room to tell them straight up info like we want slotted brakes not those cross drilled ones.

The cool thing they did have was after asking about what brands you would consider and I replied Alfa Romeo, they showed a few cars and asked you to rate them on how ideal they looked to you and included and Alfa design.

A little more than half way into the survey their server crashed. I tried to get back on this evening and they showed a screen that said you interrupted your visit and can't return.

Dear Lexus, please find another survey company.

I know it was lexus sponsored because the question about tranny options did not include smg in the list.
Most people who buy a Lexus aren't enthusiasts.. Us enthusiasts make up a very small part of their sales.
Old 01-25-07, 10:50 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I got this too. I looked at the mailing and thought "no, you give me $8000, and there is a chance I might complete your survey". Then I tossed it in the trash.

If I'm going to spend half and hour on their market research, I want something for my time, even if it's just a Lexus coffee mug.