IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got my SGM/Sterling a few hours ago in So Cal!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 09:55 PM
misterbear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got my SGM/Sterling a few hours ago in So Cal! - NOW w/PICS!!

Hi all,

I just joined a week ago - thank you all for making this forum such a great resource (Thanks AM1 for your info, hope you get your 350s soon)! It helped me get a great deal on my IS250 RWD (SGM/Sterling, Nav, XM, 18", HID, preferred accessory package).

Just drove it out of the dealership an hour ago! Boy, am I giddy with excitement!

MSRP $38,258 => Got it for just over $35.5K OTD.

The only thing I'm maybe regretting is not getting the "Tires for life deal" at the dealership. It was about $1800 for the IS. They told me the wheels are not rotatable. One big reason why I reneged on that deal is that you HAVE to bring your car to that particular dealership for servicing. If you get it anywhere else, it effectively voids that deal. Should I have gotten the deal? Oh well too late now...

My question is, for all those 2006 drivers w/18" summer tires that drive your IS big miles and already changed tires: How much are you paying for a set of tires? How many miles before you had to change them?

Pictures soon to follow.

Again, thank you all for your help and making this site such a great resource! I'm already hooked!

Last edited by misterbear; 01-26-07 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added Pics
Old 01-25-07, 09:57 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think the tire thing is a good deal, but what do I know? I'm sure if you really wanted the package at this point they would be very happy to take your money and sign you up.
Old 01-25-07, 10:29 PM
Jay1977
Pole Position

Originally Posted by misterbear
Hi all,

I just joined a week ago - thank you all for making this forum such a great resource (Thanks AM1 for your info, hope you get your 350s soon)! It helped me get a great deal on my IS250 RWD (SGM/Sterling, Nav, XM, 18", HID, preferred accessory package).

Just drove it out of the dealership an hour ago! Boy, am I giddy with excitement!

The only thing I'm maybe regretting is not getting the "Tires for life deal" at the dealership. It was about $1800 for the IS. They told me the wheels are not rotatable. One big reason why I reneged on that deal is that you HAVE to bring your car to that particular dealership for servicing. If you get it anywhere else, it effectively voids that deal. Should I have gotten the deal? Oh well too late now...

My question is, for all those 2006 drivers w/18" summer tires that drive your IS big miles and already changed tires: How much are you paying for a set of tires? How many miles before you had to change them?

Pictures soon to follow.

Again, thank you all for your help and making this site such a great resource! I'm already hooked!
Welcome to CL! and congrats on your new baby!
as for the tires, I've also thought to get the package but heard
there are a few regulations(not exactly know but only heard) and besides
my frend works at falken tires in ontario and he can hook me up with new tires
for dirt cheap so no worries. So far I've got 15K miles on mine... hope to drive another 10K miles before I change...
Old 01-25-07, 10:32 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

same color scheme as me nice choice
haha i go to school across from falken
Old 01-25-07, 10:35 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by misterbear
Hi all,

Pictures soon to follow.

well im glad someones able to get a car around here. that lifetime dealer tire thing is a rip-off............anyways which dealer did you get the car at?
Old 01-25-07, 10:42 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I know you said pictures are coming, but I have to do this, since you started this thread without them...

Javier
Old 01-25-07, 10:44 PM
misterbear
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AM1
well im glad someones able to get a car around here. that lifetime dealer tire thing is a rip-off............anyways which dealer did you get the car at?
Hey AM1,

Got it at Tustin. Mission Viejo gave me the original quote, Tustin beat it by about 100 bucks. All in all, $5615 off MSRP, nice deal IMO - just as you said, they were very eager to move these IS250s - their internet sales assistant even admitted to me that they had too much in stock and want to move them by the end of the month. So, I think if there's any time to buy an IS250, it's now (in So Cal).

Well, I know it's tough, but good luck with your IS350 search - Tustin's story is the same - only like 1-2 cars on their lot. Good Hunting!
Old 01-25-07, 10:52 PM
misterbear
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I know you said pictures are coming, but I have to do this, since you started this thread without them...

Javier
Yeah, Yeah I know... I had it coming. But, gimme a break, I drove it out of the dealership at around 8:30pm. SGM's "mica glory" doesn't translate real well at night (is it SGM, is it BSP, is it Obsidian?), and frankly - I know it's blasphemous for SGM owners - other colors seem to come out better in pictures. SGM looks the best in person, probably because your eyes are better at resolving all the metallic flakes as opposed to a CMOS sensor.

It was between SGM and BWB, but I went with the more "classic" look rather than the "trendy" look. But, I love the look of BWB (or any other light color) on black.
Old 01-25-07, 11:33 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^^ *chanting* we want pics!... j/k.

congrats, welcome, and enjoy those many happy miles ahead!
Old 01-25-07, 11:35 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your new IS and welcome to CL
Old 01-26-07, 12:27 AM
el3ctone
Pole Position

a set of Michelin Pilots for the IS, i calculated is around $1100-1200.
Old 01-26-07, 08:40 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Why don't you show off that new car of yours...

Congrats and Welcome to the Club!

Let's see that new car. We're having an Orange County meet on the Sunday of Presidents' Day Weekend. Check out the Southern California Forum for details.

We hope to see you there!
Old 01-26-07, 09:14 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by javyLSU

Javier
Yeah, I never get tired of looking at new IS pictures.
Old 01-26-07, 12:38 PM
KevinL
Rookie

Congratulations! I just got the same exact car except with the X-package last Thursday. I wasn't sure how much I would like the Sterilng interior since i really wanted Cashmiere with SGM but I am very happy with it.

Mine stickered for $38,993 and I got it for $33,500 which is $5,497 off MSRP.

Take some pics of your car for both of us!
Old 01-26-07, 01:10 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=misterbear;2379228]The only thing I'm maybe regretting is not getting the "Tires for life deal" at the dealership. It was about $1800 for the IS. They told me the wheels are not rotatable. One big reason why I reneged on that deal is that you HAVE to bring your car to that particular dealership for servicing. If you get it anywhere else, it effectively voids that deal. Should I have gotten the deal? Oh well too late now...

Yes, you did the correct thing in not getting it, IMO. Seems like the service thing is not too big a problem at the time and sounds like a good deal. NOT. Also must have a four-wheel alignment each year at that dealership. Perhaps all this would be OK if you do drive many, many, many miles each year. But if you don't drive a lot you probably won't need an alignment each 12 months and they are not a give-away dollar wise. I know I don't need a four wheel alignment each 12 months. Just put those $ aside for new tires.

Anyway, congrats on the new car. I know you'll love it.

Quick Reply: Got my SGM/Sterling a few hours ago in So Cal!