IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Complaints

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-07, 09:03 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Complaints

I want to complain to Lexus about the dealership being late in delivering my new IS. I already tried www.lexus.com but it seems that it is only for U.S. customers, is there any other international site for complaints? Can any body help me out?

Cheers
Old 01-26-07, 09:12 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

they probably wont do much for you... there are so many variables outside of their control. how long have you been waiting exactly? give us a bit more details?
Old 01-26-07, 09:22 AM
Rash
hmm

I ordered the car in October 17th, and they told me to wait around two months and a half. Now I waited more than three months and they still say, Maybe next week.
Old 01-26-07, 09:37 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Forget it .... 'promises' as to delivery date are non-binding. Your waiting period is not out of line with other people.
Old 01-26-07, 09:38 AM
wakaru8
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2+ months....thats nothing

Standard wait time is around 4 months.

I waited 6 months and still didn't get my originally ordered car. I cancelled and bought one off the lot instead.
Old 01-26-07, 09:59 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Until Lexus realizes that they must streamline and encourage the special (custom) ordering process, they will continue to lose sales in the performance car segment. We can't be treated like ES350 livery customers!

Take a lesson from Porsche and BMW, clean up the process Lexus, and educate your stealerships.

Last edited by fantom; 01-26-07 at 10:00 AM. Reason: coma
Old 01-26-07, 09:59 AM
SkydotCom
Rookie

I believe they have some kind of card about their service. You could fill that out and let them know. Sorry forgot the name of it.
Old 01-26-07, 12:35 PM
flashsim
Rookie

Same thing happened to my special order. I ended up picking a different exterior color.
Old 01-26-07, 02:12 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Dont worry too much and just try to be patient!

I ordered mine on Sept.26th 2006 and I will be picking it up tomorrow (Jan. 27th, 2007)...............so that's pretty much 4months for you right there...
Old 01-26-07, 02:49 PM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Rashood's situation is slightly different from all the people who have responded to him. In his case, there arent any vehicles "on the lot". Since there is only one authorized dealer where he's from, he can only go through them, to buy his vehicle, and they simply didnt order enough cars or have enough quote from lexus, so everyone is on a wait list. I think most of the people who responded to him are talking about their "special order" i.e. they couldve purchased something off the lot but had placed a special order tailored to their requirements.

Rashood, you can do what I did 3 months back. I bought my #1 spec IS300from Dynatrade (the Oman/Buraimi dealer), saved $2,000, got 5 free services and even got my car the same week. Although I would've preferred to pay $2000 more and buy it from that "authorized dealer" for better resale value, I know that I'm not buying a Ferrari or Porsche and waiting 4 months for a Lexus order that I cant even customize (we only have standard packages #1, #2, etc.) is not worth my while.
Old 01-26-07, 04:56 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pimp350
Dont worry too much and just try to be patient!

I ordered mine on Sept.26th 2006 and I will be picking it up tomorrow (Jan. 27th, 2007)...............so that's pretty much 4months for you right there...
Congrats on your car being here within 24 hours!!! Def post pics... You've been waiting EXACTLY 4 months!!!
Old 01-26-07, 06:24 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Technique
Congrats on your car being here within 24 hours!!! Def post pics... You've been waiting EXACTLY 4 months!!!
Yea, I'll definitely post pics after I take some really nice ones! I just hope that I am 100% satisfied with the condition of the car tomorrow...

Where the heck have you been? Long time no see
Old 01-26-07, 08:05 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pimp350
Yea, I'll definitely post pics after I take some really nice ones! I just hope that I am 100% satisfied with the condition of the car tomorrow...

Where the heck have you been? Long time no see
I was in California for almost 2 weeks... Tearing around in some exotics and other fun cars... Nice little vacation... Also, now that I have my IS350, and all the initial mods are done, there's not much to post about...

I never take my car to the dealership so I have no horror stories to tell... And I don't think many people have problems with their IS350 breaking down... So there's not much to say once you get your car... You just drive it every day and enjoy
Old 01-27-07, 01:19 AM
Rash
hmm

the Problem is that it's not a special order, we are slightly different i guess, we have Premium and Premium Plus, which has no nav, no matter what. we have luxury, it has everything except radar cruise control, and the SE is exactly like the Luxury, but has front and bumper spoiler, oh yeah and aluminium pedals. and I chose SE which is the best options around.

SkydotCom, I want something international, they wont care if I complained in this country.

Originally Posted by 03LX470
Rashood, you can do what I did 3 months back. I bought my #1 spec IS300from Dynatrade (the Oman/Buraimi dealer), saved $2,000, got 5 free services and even got my car the same week. Although I would've preferred to pay $2000 more and buy it from that "authorized dealer" for better resale value, I know that I'm not buying a Ferrari or Porsche and waiting 4 months for a Lexus order that I cant even customize (we only have standard packages #1, #2, etc.) is not worth my while.
I wish I went there in the first place, but its too late for me, how much did you wait?

I read in Lexus Oman website, that they have 270HP, is that true?
Old 01-27-07, 02:33 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rashood
the Problem is that it's not a special order, we are slightly different i guess, we have Premium and Premium Plus, which has no nav, no matter what. we have luxury, it has everything except radar cruise control, and the SE is exactly like the Luxury, but has front and bumper spoiler, oh yeah and aluminium pedals. and I chose SE which is the best options around.

SkydotCom, I want something international, they wont care if I complained in this country.

I wish I went there in the first place, but its too late for me, how much did you wait?

I read in Lexus Oman website, that they have 270HP, is that true?
I dont know where they got the 270HP. It was also mentioned on the spec sheet they gave me but I didnt buy into that.

I believe the UAE & Oman cars are the same with some variations in whats included in each package. I got their #1 package which includes Navigation, Mark Levinson, Sunroof, Heated/Cooled Leather Seats. It cost me Dhs. 132,000.The only thing it didnt have as compared to UAE #1 which sells for Dhs. 139,000 was the trunk spoiler. You can pick up a Original Lexus trunk spoiler on Ebay for $200 or less.

Like I said before, I would've prefered to buy from the UAE dealer but I dont think this is a car you can customize (by that I mean picking your wood color, wheels, etc.) in this region - unlike the US. They just have these standard packages that you choose from. And for me thats not worth waiting for.

As I write this, the spoiler that I imported from the US should be getting installed on my IS.

I also used some of the money saved on the car purchase to import a nice set of 18inch chrome Lexus ISP Mode wheels. I believe mine is the only one in Dubai, if not the UAE, with those wheels

Quick Reply: Lexus Complaints