IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

totaled is350 all good things come to an end

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-07, 09:20 AM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 15951
Clearly, you're in the group he mentioned. 306 hp is a lot of power for a cocky 16 year old that's still too dumb to know that they don't know anything.

When the insurance rates for these cars go up because of all of the "retarded" parents with too much money and too little sense, those of us actually paying for their own cars and insurance will be pissed.

Exactly-

My kids will never have a "quick" car when they are in high school- or even when they are in college unless they buy it themselves-

and even then if they have enough money to buy something "quick"- they are spending too much time working- need to spend more time studying..LOL

If parents want to buy their kid a nice car- get them a 250- less temptation to race- but still a great car-

I feel the IS350 is too much for 95% of kids under 22- Im not going to say 100% because I had a few friends in high school with stupid fast cars- but they respected the cars-

basically you never saw them doing 90 on the freeway doing the gangster weave-
Old 01-27-07, 09:29 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pictures coming sooN but i do not know what this thread turned into but i am here to defend myself so lemme just address everyone i am 19 i pay for everything i have on my own my clothes my cars my insurance my food my cell phones my internet my credit cards my everything minus a big rent but i do pay rent thats first of all jerk o f f s i have no idea how it even got started.... Secondly i kno im very irresbonsable when i get hit then my car loses control sorry guys i should have not got hit lets be serious 95% of the accidents are the other persons fault let alone he ran and i got no info... And i dont kno what anyone is talking about but honestly i think i seen mabey 2 people actually address the situation in the right manner are u ok etc etc lexus did good... Your telling me to grow up but i would redirect that right back at you...
Old 01-27-07, 09:31 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

yes im fine thank you my friend did break his arm though Thank god thats all... Its not officialy totaled yet but within the next 2 business days i will get it adjusted p.s. try to post some pics
Old 01-27-07, 09:31 AM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
Take it easy folks. You guys were sixteen at one point in your life.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you are OK and I hope Lexus did a great job saving you.
You sound a lot like a Lexus politician to me.... Not all of us at sixteen were dumb, and know it alls. I actually (God forbid) had to buy my own car!!
Old 01-27-07, 09:36 AM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
pictures coming sooN but i do not know what this thread turned into but i am here to defend myself so lemme just address everyone i am 19 i pay for everything i have on my own my clothes my cars my insurance my food my cell phones my internet my credit cards my everything minus a big rent but i do pay rent thats first of all jerk o f f s i have no idea how it even got started.... Secondly i kno im very irresbonsable when i get hit then my car loses control sorry guys i should have not got hit lets be serious 95% of the accidents are the other persons fault let alone he ran and i got no info... And i dont kno what anyone is talking about but honestly i think i seen mabey 2 people actually address the situation in the right manner are u ok etc etc lexus did good... Your telling me to grow up but i would redirect that right back at you...
lets be serious 95% of the accidents are the other persons fault

Possibly true and that's why the first rule of driving is to drive defensively and always expect the 'unexpected'
Old 01-27-07, 09:44 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

my condolences, but don't make it worse for yourself by keeping up the lackadaisical attitude and the insults. all that will do is just add to your list of misery and woes.

though i wonder... the other guy hit you hard enough to cause enough damage to your car for the adjuster to total a near-$40k car, and he just... drove off?

what was the other guy driving, a sherman tank? /wild guess
Old 01-27-07, 09:48 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

no but he did hit me enough to put my car into a fishtale/loss of control then into a wall im pretty sure the wall has more strength then a sherman either way.. and im not a little child i came to this thread with maturity and got nothing but insults and things about money and parents lets just say dont count ur chickens before they hatch if you dont know the whole story dont ry and add the middle pieces of the puzzle...and u insult me the way i feel right now i am not going to listen to IT soRRy
Old 01-27-07, 09:49 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Glad no one is seriously hurt. What the heck happened? Do ya NEED a truck or just prefer one? Geeze, what a contract, going from a Lex to a Hummer!?
Old 01-27-07, 09:50 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

He's 19 years old and still can't spell?

I guess some people just slip though the cracks.... Hope Burgerking has a long term fry-guy program......
Old 01-27-07, 09:52 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

whell i do lIke speed i am not going to lie and i think this was just my little awakening... So i want to just settle down to a nice truck and not worry abut snow or ice or speed i can drive whenever and be comfortable with room whenever i think the car thing for me right now isnt what i want espically after what happen... Im only 19 cant afford 2 or else i would definatly have a car and or truck=)
Old 01-27-07, 09:53 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

spell and type or two totally different things but OK its funny how they dont stop if u have nothing nice to say only negative do me a favor dont say it ight jerkoff thanks
Old 01-27-07, 10:00 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

no but he did hit me enough to put my car into a fishtale/loss of control then into a wall im pretty sure the wall has more strength then a sherman either way.. and im not a little child i came to this thread with maturity and got nothing but insults and things about money and parents lets just say dont count ur chickens before they hatch if you dont know the whole story dont ry and add the middle pieces of the puzzle...and u insult me the way i feel right now i am not going to listen to IT soRRy
Sorry for your accident, but your response isn't helping you...at all.

I have no idea why I counted my chickens before they hatched, and I apologize for that. I'll never add middle pieces to a puzzle again. And I apologize in advance for personifying any other cliches you've heard in the past few years. I commend you for coming with maturity. That is all.

Last edited by 15951; 01-27-07 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-27-07, 10:01 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gtidan
lets be serious 95% of the accidents are the other persons fault

Possibly true and that's why the first rule of driving is to drive defensively and always expect the 'unexpected'
Uh, isn't by definition, 50% of the accidents are the other person's fault, assuming it's a 2 party accident?
Old 01-27-07, 10:05 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

yes u are right but i am just making a general statememnt that u can usally 95% of the time drive and not make an error and crash its usally the other you must watch for im sorry i wasnt 100% clear on what i was trying to put across but 50 50 is right in that sense
Old 01-27-07, 10:06 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 15951
Sorry for your accident, but your response isn't helping you...at all.

I have no idea why I counted my chickens before they hatched, and I apologize for that. I'll never add middle pieces to a puzzle again. And I apologize in advance for personifying any other cliches you've heard in the past few years. I commend you for coming with maturity. That is all.
Thank You!

Quick Reply: totaled is350 all good things come to an end