IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

totaled is350 all good things come to an end

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-07, 10:12 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i hope you take this the RIGHT way, but... if you're not mature enough to deal w/ criticism in a positive way, maybe you're not mature enough to be driving a fast car like the is350.

by announcing that you totalled your 2is, we share in our condolences. however, without any specific details until a few posts later, how are we to know what happened? for all we know, without you telling us what actually happened, all we could do is assume that you were out driving recklessly, lost control, and totalled your 2is.

regardless, we all share our condolences, but through someone elses' negligent actions (not necessarily your actions) we all have to suffer as well - in the form of higher insurance rates. you think any of us like that? (BTW the answer is "no".) we're expressing our frustration that our insurance rates will go up because of what happened to you and others like you - NOT insulting you. don't add fuel to the fire by insulting other members.

that, and you'll probably earn yourself a permanent vacation from the mods.
Old 01-27-07, 10:12 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man. Speed = death on snow or ice no matter WHAT type of vehicle you're in. Did you flip it? Hit a curb, car? Either way, be careful in your new ride, whatever you end up with. Remember 4 wheel drive is just as uselss on ice when you're trying to get traction and especially when you're trying to stop.
Old 01-27-07, 10:42 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
spell and type or two totally different things ......

Your ignorance is beyond help.....
Old 01-27-07, 10:46 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gtidan
You sound a lot like a Lexus politician to me.... Not all of us at sixteen were dumb, and know it alls. I actually (God forbid) had to buy my own car!!
I didn't say sixteens were dumb. I was just saying we makee some stupid mistakes regardless the age.

Good for you that you bought your own car. Congrats. And I was just glad that he turned out OK. That's all.
Old 01-27-07, 10:51 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I find it funny how NONE of you new ANY details of the accident yet many of you came out with guns blazing criticizing his age, maturity and driving abilities and on top of all that, you're still criticizing him for his lack of ability to take criticism. Then when you realize you're wrong instead of apologizing for you lame attitude, you resort to pointing out spelling errors. Ballzzz, don't worry about these guys, it's a failure on their part to think things through. They lack independent thought, they see one person criticizing you and they all just play follow the leader at that point.
Old 01-27-07, 10:52 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spell and type or two totally different things but OK its funny how they dont stop if u have nothing nice to say only negative do me a favor dont say it ight jerkoff thanks
I'm sorry you had the accident, but if you would use a period every now and then, we could understand a bit better and offer some help.
Old 01-27-07, 10:53 AM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

come on......
Attached Thumbnails totaled is350 all good things come to an end-xscuseless.gif  
Old 01-27-07, 11:02 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Regardless of who's fault is it was, I would like to see pics of the car and how it held up in the accident. I would also like to know what speed aprox. you were going at. I just want to see just how safe the IS is.
Old 01-27-07, 11:06 AM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Why is everyone is jumping on this guys case he got in an accident isn't that bad enough? He came on here to share his experience and you guys are beating the ****** out of him. He's not the only one driving fast in his car just do a search on this forum and I'm sure you will find others that have had their IS over 100 MPH and added mods to try and make it even faster
From the info he has given it doesn't sound like he was driving irresponsibly and if he was then I'm sure he has learned from his mistake. It's not one person that is going to raise the insurance rates but many just take a look on You Tube and you can see more reasons.

Glad you are ok guy and hope that you have learned from your mistake or the mistake of the other guy.

Flame on folks!

Last edited by Style2k6; 01-27-07 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-27-07, 11:15 AM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

where is a moderator??
Old 01-27-07, 11:17 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

why can't ya'll get off his back... he lost his car and it wasn't his fault... moderator please close this thread
Old 01-27-07, 11:38 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

whell i do lIke speed i am not going to lie and i think this was just my little awakening... So i want to just settle down to a nice truck and not worry abut snow or ice or speed i can drive whenever and be comfortable with room whenever i think the car thing for me right now isnt what i want espically after what happen... Im only 19 cant afford 2 or else i would definatly have a car and or truck=)
Well, if you are only 19 you really don't 'need' a $40k Lexus either. Instead of buying another expensive vehicle why not buy something a bit more practical? That way you could afford a truck and a car.
Old 01-27-07, 11:40 AM
ed146
Driver School Candidate

I dont understand why any criticism is needed when he didnt ask for.
You guys should be sympathethic because thats one less person on this board. Best way to be mature about it is to commiserate with him and see if he is ok instead of criticising his spelling or the way he said it.

I would be pissed if I totaled my car and the dude ran off, wouldn't you?

I hope you have a gap insurance.

Best regards,
Dan
Old 01-27-07, 12:10 PM
uthatch
Driver

Everyone that defends the accident victim is completely illogical. As mentioned earlier, everyone is sympathetic to the kid losing his IS. It's a shame, no doubt and we are all thankful he was not injured.

However, and here's where all his defenders seem to miss what all the detractors are saying, the kid cannot even put together a coherent forum post. No punctuation, terrible grammar, and bad spelling do not tend to invoke thoughts of a mature, intelligent person. These issues combined with his age and his signature can easily lead people to draw negative conclusions about his accident.

19 years old with a relatively expensive car...pays his own rent, insurance, car, etc. People are going to wonder where the income generates from and possibly jump to the conclusion everything was handed to him. IT'S A NATURAL REACTION PEOPLE! Just because the world is supposedly so politically correct that you're not supposed to make judgments, the fact is, people still do. Every second of every day. It's what keeps you alive.

That said...take a lesson 19 year old. Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully the accident was not your fault. But there is positively a lesson to be learned in the incident somewhere.

One last thing. Slow down a bit in your forum posting and people will treat you with the respect you feel you deserve. This entire thread could have and would have been much different had the post been written with the smallest amount of coherency.
Old 01-27-07, 12:24 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Sorry but his grammar and punctuation has nothing to do with this accident. For someone preaching logic I'm surprised at how illogical your argument is.

You're basically saying if someone doesn't put together proper sentences and gets in an accident, it's safe to assume he was at fault? Give me and everyone else a break and just stop posting. That's about the most ludicrous thing I've heard.

As far as your "natural reaction" plea... I beg to differ because there are several of us who did not naturally react that way.

FWIW, I made several spelling errors in this post that were corrected by google toolbar spell checker. It means absolutely nothing except that I probably would not win a spelling bee. And of course, there is no possible chance that English may not be everyone's first language right? I mean, it's not like we're on an Internet website that the world has access to? I'm not saying that is the case for the OP, but please do yourself a favor and think outside the box for a minute.

Last edited by Ramon; 01-27-07 at 12:57 PM.

Quick Reply: totaled is350 all good things come to an end