IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

totaled is350 all good things come to an end

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-07, 12:33 PM
StanISlove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Just my two cents...

Why are we talking about age, whether or not person deserves to have such car and other IRRELEVANT details? Look, someone got in the accident, decided to share his story with us. Please, show some respect! What difference does it make if he pays rent or not, or if he is young or not? He is just like everyone else in this forum - he is/was an IS owner. That's what matters!

To the person that crashed the car - I am so sorry about what happened. It is life and it comes at you fast. The most important thing is that you are alright! I hope you'll be able to get another nice car soon and treat this accident as a good "bar story" in few years. Please ignore the folks who are scorning you here. They are rude, tactless and perhaps even jealous of your financial situation.

Good Luck!

S
Old 01-27-07, 01:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,067 Likes on 2,464 Posts

Glad you're OK. It's unfortunate for you and the car. Other drivers do dumb stuff all the time. Hopefully next time you'll have some warning and can avoid it.

Was yours an '06 or '07? I know I sound like a vulture, but I'm still waiting for an '07 to be totalled to see if the skid control ECU can be swapped into an '06 for the VSC/TRAC off feature.
Old 01-27-07, 01:27 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

My condolances on the car, but glad to hear you are not hurt.

As far as the rest of the stuff going on here...Ramon, I couldnt agree with you more. The fact that someone would actually post that they "don't care" or flame someone who was in a fairly serious accident just boggles my mind, but I guess that's the internet...
Old 01-27-07, 01:58 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I love useless threads I cant belive i read it
Old 01-27-07, 02:01 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Hey, sorry to hear about your wreck. I'm glad you made it out ok. Just one question. Why don't you get another IS? Were you not satisfied with it. Let us know what you end up getting. Hopefully another Lexus at least even if it's not an IS.
Old 01-27-07, 02:18 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god i hate people who yell at underage people having nice cars shoot are people just bitter that they didnt have that car when they were a kid in highschool??? My parents got me a 05 tsx and i still have it and take great care of it and also have an 07 is as a college present. Now the only reason why my parents get me nice cars is that throughout my life i have good grades 4.0 and 5's on 6 ap tests sooo i did work for my car and have a full ride to uw rite now. Soo please dont bash on all underage kids. There is a reason why people older people get lower insurance rate. SO you just got to deal with it

Last edited by Drunkebuda; 01-27-07 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-27-07, 02:23 PM
cdeslandes
Pole Position

This thread is going nowhere...
Old 01-27-07, 02:49 PM
dkcivic82
Driver

This thread needs to be on a talk show.. "19 year old gets a beat down in a online forum" ....

On a second note, you got any parts you going to sell? =)
Old 01-27-07, 02:55 PM
IS350inCA
Driver School Candidate

Default disclaimers

I think the best/only way to prevent these types of responses is to include a disclaimer on all accident threads, either added by the OP or any of the Mods. The disclaimer might say something like this: If you have non-constructive criticism or anything negative/insulting to say; please keep it to yourself and if you post a response you will agree to comply with this statement.

I don't know, just a thought, it may or may not work. I'll take constructive criticism on this thought only .
Old 01-27-07, 03:04 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Get off the mans ballz f-it he is 19 and has a car that a 45 year old might have and? Im 20 and I have an IS start picking on me for that. This is a forum where someone can express negative or positive stories about there cars and get FEEDBACK and heres another cliche' for you....If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all. It is sad to see "mature" ADULTS picking on a 19 year old because he has an IS. Whats the typical story you expect that his 1990 Nissan 240sx broke down on the side of the highway and thats ok because he is 19. What a sad sad world..................Its good to see you made it out ok and I wish you the best of luck on your next choice.
Old 01-27-07, 03:07 PM
dkcivic82
Driver

What I found strange is do you really need to double post that your car is totaled. I mean how many IS350 do you have? TWO?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261436
Old 01-27-07, 03:17 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

I want to thank all who have seen the true meaning of my original post and came to bat for me. Again thank you. I have 17 pics if i can pm them to someone a little more knowledgable about posting pics i would be glad to do so.And also this is addressing those concerned on the safety of the car. In my opinion it is very same i hit the wall doing nothing less then 40mph. The air bags did not deploy and the car took the brunt of the hit thank god for crumple zones. Overall i have to say the car is very safe and im very satisfied with the safety. Too all who wonder why i am not getting another one is a "horse of a different color". I personally have been shopping for a truck because i do speed and i do not like to be stranded in the winter etc... So this opened my eyes to speed and made me realize just get a truck and relax and be more comfortable and worry nothing about the weather conditions. Basically like some have said an eye opener!
Old 01-27-07, 03:19 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dkcivic82
What I found strange is do you really need to double post that your car is totaled. I mean how many IS350 do you have? TWO?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261436
nope that was an accident but when i came back and checked those members were treating me with more respect then alot were in this thread so i did not delete it.
Old 01-27-07, 03:49 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

pic pics pics i wanna see the aftermath
Old 01-27-07, 03:51 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
I want to thank all who have seen the true meaning of my original post and came to bat for me. Again thank you. I have 17 pics if i can pm them to someone a little more knowledgable about posting pics i would be glad to do so.
Go to photobucket.com and make an account, or use tinypic.com.

paste the [img] tag into the reply form. Should show up.

Quick Reply: totaled is350 all good things come to an end