IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

totaled is350 all good things come to an end

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-07, 02:34 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heyy ballzzz did this happen Friday Night going into saturday, between 1-2 AM? I think i saw this accident, on Exit 13 on the Southern State right?
Old 01-28-07, 04:30 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW..I can't even believe what is going on in this thread

Joey, I'm sorry to hear about what happened and I'm glad you're OK.

I think a Mod needs to close this thread down because it's going absolutely nowhere in a hurry... All I see is arguing between everyone
Old 01-28-07, 04:40 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
WOW..I can't even believe what is going on in this thread

Joey, I'm sorry to hear about what happened and I'm glad you're OK.

I think a Mod needs to close this thread down because it's going absolutely nowhere in a hurry... All I see is arguing between everyone
I agree. So much bickering and hate going on in this thread. Can't everyone get along? Stop with the personal attacks and the nit picking of spelling/grammer/what he said she said/over-analyzation of INTERNET POSTS.

Let's grow up and act like a proper forum and a good community.
Old 01-28-07, 04:41 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with others. The trash talk and personal attacks need to stop. I'm on my way to work so I'll either clean it up later or PM another mod to step in.

I find it funny how most members here already know the moderator team is trying to clean up the 2IS section and everyone knows the rules and knows what we don't want to see. Yet, after we clean up one topic people continue to do the same thing in another? Why is that? When will people get the hint? Fortunately for most here I have never issued points against members and just cleaned things up or warned people. Other mods are issuing points which too many points results in suspensions and bans.

Keep it clean or the moderators will have to get much tougher in the 2IS forum. I know you don't want that. One last change for everyone too self moderate and think before you post. I'm not talking about some of the opinions about teenage driving in general as that is just opinion. I'm talking about the trash taking and personal attacks. You guys know when you are crossing the line so cut it out.
Old 01-28-07, 04:42 PM
fastball
Driver School Candidate

Just the other day, in the local Cleveland area news, a kid died street racing his 1999 Camaro Z28 6 speed stick. He was 19. He and this other kid were racing, the kid w/the Camaro tried to cut the other kid off, and slamed into a semi rig. Threw him out of the car, the Camaro's front end and half the engine block was in the ditch while the rest of the car was stuck under the semi trailer. The other half of the block was 50 feet down the road after the rig.

The news camera cought a glimpse of the speedo needle stuck at about 120.

Here's the moral of the story.....

Yes, we were all 19 once. But some teenagers can be wilder than others. Actually, the car I was driving when I was 19 was a 1985 Buick Regal with a 231 and a 2 bbl carb. It had about 120 hp if that. It was rotted out, rusted, had a sagging head liner, leaked oil profusely, but it got me to school and back. It was given to me by my parrents, and I think they knew what they were doing. I knew it wasn't fast, so I never ever tried to drive above 65 for fear I'd blow the engine.

The point is, kids at 19 have hardly any driving experience. The experience they do have is toying around town with their high school and college buddies - hardly a positive learning curve. No one - I REPEAT - no one younger than 25 should have anything with 300 hp. You see on the news about accidents all the time with people in their late teens and early 20s, and what were they driving? A Mustang GT, Camaro Z28, Acura Integra GSR or RSX Type-S, or an IS 350.

All those cars are fun as hell to drive - but in the hands of people who don't quite know how, they can be deadly.

I really wish more parrents would lay down the law and forbid their kids to buy anything resembling a muscle car untill they have enough driving experience to know when and when not to use it.

Last edited by fastball; 01-28-07 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-28-07, 06:19 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FrankyJ
heyy ballzzz did this happen Friday Night going into saturday, between 1-2 AM? I think i saw this accident, on Exit 13 on the Southern State right?
yup u got it on the head i think i hit the wall at about 1... Ambulance didnt come for my boy for an hour. He broke his arm in 3 spots but other then that were all ok

Cat yea im fine thank you. A car is just something disposable and non meaningful. Other then my boys arm and the car lOl everything fine. =)
Old 01-28-07, 08:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,406 Posts

BaLLzZz

I'm sorry about your car but I am going to have to close this thread. Too many rude comments and personal attacks that keep coming up after PMs and moderators requests not to. I have suspended several members (and deleted their posts) because of their inappropriate actions here.

Members,

I suggest you read the sense of community thread at the top of this forum if you haven't already done so. If you have, read it again.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247192