IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just got my IS350... but there is a problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07 | 06:32 PM
talbin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ahohnstein
If the ad listed a stock # or VIN # then yeah I'd say you have a bonified gripe with the dealer. Again, as a previous poster mentioned, it's not as easy as swapping out a head unit. All sorts of things are different between stock and ML systems. Heck, the wiring may even be a heavier guage.... who knows. Sorry to hear this happened to you. I think you SHOULD pursue it but I think your time would be better spent asking for accessories (maybe a free set of tires when needed) and extended warranty, some oil changes, spoiler, etc. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Yeah so the dealer first offered me one free oil change and that of course was a joke. I talked ot the GM and was kind of a jerk and he offered me $365 because he says that is how much a ML system costs used. I just basically said if I can't go somewhere and get an ML system for $365 then that won't due. He kept saying I didn't pay for the ML but I said "Sure I did I bought the car which said that it had ML" his reply was "Well we have a lot of cars with a lot of different options and it is the consumers responsibility to know what is in the car". Pretty funny but I let corporate know about all of it and I am going to hold out until I get at least $1000 even if it takes me a year.
Old 02-01-07 | 06:51 PM
SkydotCom
Rookie

which part of NY? I'm still getting quote from the dealers. Hope I don't have to visit the place you went to.
Old 02-01-07 | 07:17 PM
sickntired
Intermediate

inform the BBB too
Old 02-02-07 | 10:41 AM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Originally Posted by talbin
Yeah so the dealer first offered me one free oil change and that of course was a joke. I talked ot the GM and was kind of a jerk and he offered me $365 because he says that is how much a ML system costs used. I just basically said if I can't go somewhere and get an ML system for $365 then that won't due. He kept saying I didn't pay for the ML but I said "Sure I did I bought the car which said that it had ML" his reply was "Well we have a lot of cars with a lot of different options and it is the consumers responsibility to know what is in the car". Pretty funny but I let corporate know about all of it and I am going to hold out until I get at least $1000 even if it takes me a year.
Wow... sorry to hear they were so uncaring. That sucks. Certainly follow up with corporate till you get some satisfaction. While he's right, you paid for the car you bought, it's still a crappy attitude to take with someone when they just purchased a 40K auto from you. I would have expected more from the GM. And to say that the ML systems are that cheap used.... good grief. Tell him "sure, as long as you search for and find/install the USED system then go right ahead".
Old 02-02-07 | 11:15 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Remember the cost of the ML option on NAV equipped cars is $1440.

The cost of ML on non-nav equipped cars is $940

The cost of purchasing DVD ML seperately is probably 4-5K.

If he wants to find you the parts used.... tell him to do it. AND GOOD LUCK buying 14 used speakers, a DVD changer and an ML amp for $365
Old 02-12-07 | 05:54 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Just curious how this turned out. OP can you tell us what happened? Did you hear back from corporate?
Old 02-12-07 | 07:15 PM
adc
Driver School Candidate

sorry if you mentioned this already but how much did you actually bought the car for?