IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Meet the genius, IS Chief Engineer !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07, 01:55 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meet the genius, IS Chief Engineer !!!

SUGUYA FUKUSATO
IS Chief Engineer

Lexus IS250 is the first Lexus for Chief Engineer Suguya Fukusato. Mr Fukusato’s automotive design and engineering career spans 30 years.

He has held a number of significant engineering positions worldwide, and has served as Chief Engineer for six other vehicles.

On a four-year assignment in Hanover, Germany, Mr Fukusato was responsible for managing a joint engineering venture between TMC and Volkswagen.

Mr Fukusato is a motorsport enthusiast. He has competed in rallies since his early 20s, from the Rally of Japan to more recently racing an Avensis.

His ‘weekend car’ is a 1980 Porsche 911SC.
He rides a custom-made mountain bike engineered with Formula One-inspired suspension.

Mr Fukusato’s is a self-confessed audiophile and his passion for audio has also been realised in the new IS250. His entertainment room contains myriad audio equipment, including personally engineered speakers and amplifiers. In a quest to create a pristine audio experience, Mr Fukusato collected a number of premium natural water samples from areas across Japan famous for producing high-quality sake. These samples were used to ascertain the effect of pure, natural water sources on sound reproduction while developing cone paper for IS250’s subwoofer speaker. This subwoofer will feature in the 13-speaker premium surround sound system, used in the IS250 and IS250 Sports.
A 14-speaker 5.1-channel Mark Levinson audio system features in the IS250 Sports Luxury.

In his spare time, Mr Fukusato sings and performs in Noh, the ancient Japanese musical theatre that originated in the 12th century.

He also has a keen interest in Yabusame, the ancient Japanese art of archery on horseback.

Mr Fukusato earned an engineering degree from Tokyo Science University, and resides in Toyota City in the Aichi Province of Japan. He and his wife Asako have three children, aged 24, 22 and 19.

Mr Fukusato’s daughter works at a design firm and wants to be one of the world’s first female automotive chief engineers.

For more info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...71&postcount=3

Last edited by warrionex; 02-02-07 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-02-07, 01:59 PM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can he answer why they didnt make the rear seats fold down?
Old 02-02-07, 02:24 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by G35TOIS350
can he answer why they didnt make the rear seats fold down?
I have a list of questions myself. That does not change the fact this human been design the best looking car in its class.
Old 02-02-07, 02:25 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

haha g35. yea can he answer why the paddle shifters don't work?

nah props up to this guy.
Old 02-02-07, 02:27 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Not so clever that he thought to illuminate the fuel filler and trunk release buttons on pre 07 models.

BTW "Human been"???
Old 02-02-07, 02:51 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Big Andy
Not so clever that he thought to illuminate the fuel filler and trunk release buttons on pre 07 models.

BTW "Human been"???
I'm not here to defend anyone, but without his vision and creativity, today you might be sitting on some BMW, Infiniti or whatever.
Old 02-02-07, 03:22 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warrionex
I'm not here to defend anyone, but without his vision and creativity, today you might be sitting on some BMW, Infiniti or whatever.

Kind of a good point... !
Old 02-02-07, 03:49 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who photoshopped Cathy's car into that image?!
Old 02-02-07, 03:51 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by warrionex

LOL.. well, as Chief Engineer it is unlikely he would have much input into the design (what attracted me to the IS in the first place) - most of the design was done in France.

As to what I would be sitting in? That's a thought - we don't have Infiniti here, though there are plans to launch in Europe, and BMWs are so common now I couldn't see myself driving one. Probably an Audi I guess.
Old 02-02-07, 04:00 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Big Andy
LOL.. well, as Chief Engineer it is unlikely he would have much input into the design (what attracted me to the IS in the first place) - most of the design was done in France.

As to what I would be sitting in? That's a thought - we don't have Infiniti here, though there are plans to launch in Europe, and BMWs are so common now I couldn't see myself driving one. Probably an Audi I guess.

Well, there you have it, some Audi !
Old 02-02-07, 04:01 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pocky
Who photoshopped Cathy's car into that image?!
Ask Cathy, she knows !!
Old 02-02-07, 04:16 PM
racinghart
Pole Position

the real question is... how do i fukusato his engineer daughter.

alright... bad joke but still... i know im not the only one who thought about that when i saw that pic of her... shes cute!
Old 02-02-07, 04:19 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

THANK YOU MR. FUKUSATO! What an awesome name haha... So glad im not riding around in 1 of the 500,00 3 series BMW's!
Old 02-02-07, 06:22 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by racinghart
the real question is... how do i fukusato his engineer daughter.

alright... bad joke but still... i know im not the only one who thought about that when i saw that pic of her... shes cute!
That's not his daugther.
Old 02-02-07, 06:36 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Fukusato-san arigatou gozaimasu! Now can I have some sake in that entertainment room of yours?

Quick Reply: Meet the genius, IS Chief Engineer !!!