IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sewell Lexus (Lexus-Parts) :( (resolution found)!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07, 08:47 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sewell Lexus (Lexus-Parts) :( (resolution found)!

I just got my XM kit today in the mail with high hopes of installing it tomorrow and noticed that they didn't include the actual antenna in it....

Do you think they will mind re-imbursing me or crediting my card back for the amount it cost to go purchase one at Circuit City or Best Buy?

I hope I can find one or else its not going to make me very happy
Old 02-02-07, 08:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

So was the kit supposed to have the antenna in it? If so I'm sure they'll make it right.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...bCategoryID=37

If this is the one you got, "Kit inclues antenna and wire harness along with Tuner Kit 86180-0W030" it should come with it.

I suggest you should be emailing / calling them instead of posting and asking the forum - I'll also PM Darrel for you to ask him to check in on this thread..

Edit - see your comment about hoping to install tomorrow... know that's a disappointment.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-02-07 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-02-07, 09:35 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Don't PM.

Pick up your phone and CALL THEM.
Old 02-03-07, 05:47 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Don't PM.

Pick up your phone and CALL THEM.
But be nice. They support Club Lexus and give members a 10% discount.
Old 02-03-07, 06:34 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

When I had a problem with my order from this company, I emailed, and recieved a response almost immediately giving a generous and fair resolution to their mistake. I'm 100% confident that they will treat you fairly as well, if you just let them know what happened.
Old 02-03-07, 06:44 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

I called them and so far they agreed to re-imburse my CC for the amount Ijust paid for an antenna ($43)....I forgot his name...but he is supposed to call me on Monday since he deals with the Club Lexus people....I'll let everyone know the resoullution but so far so good....
Old 02-03-07, 07:04 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nighthawk
I called them and so far they agreed to re-imburse my CC for the amount Ijust paid for an antenna ($43)....I forgot his name...but he is supposed to call me on Monday since he deals with the Club Lexus people....I'll let everyone know the resoullution but so far so good....
Good to hear. Was is Darrel? Anyway, I don't think you will have any problems. I too have had small issued with orders (Them forgetting to pack something) but one email and they took care of it right away. They may sometimes forget a few items by mistake, but their follow up costomer service has been top notch thus far.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 02-04-07 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-03-07, 07:28 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.... now that's good customer service. I would not have expected them to do that. Kudos to Sewell.
Old 02-03-07, 07:42 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the kit you received was for a 2007 model?? Since the 07's have the shark fin antenna, there's really no need to include the antenna anymore. If they have to send you an antenna, hopefully you get the micro antenna like I did. The one that Lexus used to originally offer in the kit is as big as a brownie!!
Old 02-04-07, 10:01 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, by your comment of taking delivery of your IS on in May of 06’, my assumptions are you have a 2006 IS. Each XM satellite radio tuner and fitting kit is pre-packaged from Lexus. While we always attempt to verify each order as we pack and ship, it does at times escape us an error has been made. You did the right thing by going to your local electronics store for an antenna (your local Lexus dealer would have been fine as well). By this, I can only imagine you installed your satellite kit this weekend. I have no doubts, you’ll love the set-up.

As far as our customer service, I believe you spoke with Ryan (Van Winkle) regarding the reimbursement for this missing antenna. Since its a couple hours before Bowl time, I'll personally follow-up with this matter tomorrow morning.

Always with our best efforts,
Darrel Diller
Sewell Lexus Online, lexus-parts.com
Old 02-04-07, 11:15 AM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Ryan is the man , he always takes care of me. I remember when I placed my first order I couldnt find where to input the promo discount code so I placed the order without it and I emailed them right away , Darrel Diller "replied sorry I cant honor the 10% ". Anyways Ryan fixed it right away when I decided to call them. to Ryan.
Old 02-04-07, 12:11 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Well......update....the "universal" antenna I bought from BB didn't work, it didn't fit into the supplied tuner. I am wondering now if I even have the right tuner.....well I guess I can't install this today or this weekend.

Darrell:

I will PM you to, but can you please overnight an antenna to me? I would reallly like to get this installed at least by next weekend or maybe this week during an evening or something. I would really appriciate if you could make this happen ASAP. Also, could you make sure I get the "Micro" one and not the brownie sized one everyone talks about? Thanks for all you help and I have all the confidence in you which is the reason why I bought from Lexus-Parts in the first place.

Thanks in advance,

Jason
Old 02-04-07, 12:16 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

I will send an e-mail as your PM box is full...
Old 02-05-07, 07:19 AM
eddiec
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Good to hear. Was is Darrel? Anyway, I don't think you will have any problems. I too have had small issued with orders (Them forgetting to pack something) but one email and they took care of it right away. They may sometimes forget a few items by mistake, but their follow up costomer service has been top notch thus far.
Darrel is a nice guy
I bought lots of Lexus Parts from him
Going to buy G-Spider next
Old 02-05-07, 07:42 AM
gwong
Rookie

The old fit kits for the 2006 IS and GS are no longer available. The new replacement numbers are for the 2007 with the sharkfin, but will work on the 2006. The only thing missing will be the antenna. You can use the XM antenna for the 2007 ES350. Its nice and small, but pricey. The new tuners are slightly different than the previous versions. The new tuners use a single coax antenna, while older tuners used a twin coax antenna. Not sure why the antenna you bought at BB didn't work. I think all the retail antennas are single coax.