IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CarJacked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-07 | 10:17 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

If it was me, I would probably leave these two thugs permanently handicapped with severe body and head trauma. And the saddest thing about it, I would probably end up doing jail time.
Old 02-03-07 | 10:25 AM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Batmobile
sorry to hear... yeah i usually have the automatic door lock on once i hit 13mph... doesn't unlock until i put it back in park or manually do it myself...
This is why I've changed mine to NOT unlock when I put it in Park. If he was at the ordering/pickup station at a drive-thru, then it was probably in Park.
Old 02-03-07 | 10:40 AM
Irishman06
Lead Lap
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by CWS
This is why I've changed mine to NOT unlock when I put it in Park. If he was at the ordering/pickup station at a drive-thru, then it was probably in Park.
I never put the car in park at the drive through, but I do occasionally use the parking brake.

I wonder if there's some way we could send a signal from the key to the ECU outside the car to immobilize it. That could limit this problem, because the car wouldn't be able to go anywhere. It'd have to be something you can't accidentally do, though, like hit alarm, lock, and unlock at the same time.
Old 02-03-07 | 11:07 AM
Belmont
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Och
If it was me, I would probably leave these two thugs permanently handicapped with severe body and head trauma. And the saddest thing about it, I would probably end up doing jail time.
And there's the tough guy, right on queue.
Old 02-03-07 | 11:53 AM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

im glad to hear ur ok!!... im scared to move to cali now, lol
Old 02-03-07 | 12:02 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Where in cali was this??
Old 02-03-07 | 12:08 PM
gyung
Pole Position

I've thought about this stuff too, and glad your ok. If someone tried to jack my car, I'd give it to them. I rather be a pansy and give them the car without a struggle then risk them going physco. I mean, they are already pretty wacked trying to steal a car right? Like my parents like to say, you can always make money back, but you only get one body (actually they saying that because I don't eat too healthy)

The other day, some guy in a white van was shouting at me for like 5 min. I didn't look and pretended not to hear him, but it was pretty freaky. At the stop light, I was actually ready to floor it or just give it to him. But he didn't do anything, so I figure, if he wanted to rob, steal, jack my car, whatever, he would have done it already. Eventually while the car was moving, I rolled down a crack and he's like: "You want a home stereo?" ..... wtf... I'm like, "No thanks! Thanks!" Crazy people everywhere....
Old 02-03-07 | 12:18 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Damn, this is the third car jacking in socal I've read about on this forum in the past week.
Glad you and your cuz made it out saftly. I would of givin up the car too as much as I would to fight, its just not worth dying for.
Also, I thought that if the new GS/IS got to far away from the key then it would shut off? When I was a valet I once forgot to give the key back tot he owner of a new GS and thier car had dies like a block away. Good thing I was already running to them since I relized I still had the key,lol.
Old 02-03-07 | 12:23 PM
B-DUB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Och
Hell yeah F*C* them
Old 02-03-07 | 01:21 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 500000

Best carjacking story ever:

This happened in Virginia somewhere, I forget where, but I saw it on the local news a few years ago... Same situation, at a drive thru, except the guy who was driving the car had a gun and shot the carjacker in the face and killed him instantly!

Old 02-03-07 | 01:30 PM
Ben10
Driver School Candidate

pinche ghetto basterds. damn im glad your ok man. theirs some damn shady people that live in cali.
Old 02-03-07 | 01:46 PM
Shaft350
Driver

hey everyone, im located in nor cal, bay area, Hayward. Lately people from Oakland have started to come down here and well, hayward is basically a jr. oakland now. i live about 3 mins from the jack in the box. and recently there has been a hike in car crimes in the city. cant wait till i graduate and move the hell away from here. As for the key, i just got out of a party and i was wearing dress pants, so i took my keys out and put it in the center console. i tried grabbing them when they were telling me to get out, but he saw me move that way and pulled me out the car. Also my phone was still in the car and there was a lot of missed calls, ha the bluetooth probably scared the hell outta them. mabye they thought the car was bein tracked or sumthin and they crashed it. physically we are ok, but mentally , dam i can barely think or anything ...
below are the pics i took this morning....

Old 02-03-07 | 01:57 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

awe ur poor baby phew, im moving to LA ... haha like its even less ghetto there than norcal... but oh wells
Old 02-03-07 | 01:59 PM
Shaft350
Driver

Angry

Originally Posted by solo_stage
awe ur poor baby phew, im moving to LA ... haha like its even less ghetto there than norcal... but oh wells

yea , jus got her a month ago too
Old 02-03-07 | 01:59 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

I carry pepper spray in my console for reasons like this. I couldn't get pulled out very easily beacuse a) I'm 225 and 6'2" b) my seatbelt would be on. My kids are with me a lot though, so there would definitely be a gunfight if they were in the car.

I was born in Hayward.

Quick Reply: CarJacked!!!