IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CarJacked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-07, 12:38 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god guys man i would of give them my car too its only a damm car life is way more imporant. Thats what insurence is for but if you had a gun in the car you can shoot him if not then give the car over .

man god i am glad i moved away form cali i used to live in oakaland and we use to have a lexus to and when we go home my dad always had a gun in the car. Because we own nail shops and they like to target nail shops owners once we get in the car. Such a nice car all messed up Thats why we moved to WA none of that kind of stuff here

Last edited by Drunkebuda; 02-04-07 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-04-07, 12:52 AM
misterbear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about the carjacking - I hope the perps get what they deserve. Years back when I was going to school in Berkeley, a friend got beat up and got his fairly new Eclipse jacked at the parking lot of a Safeway (unfortunate name) in Oakland. The fools were caught hours later trying to fill up at a local gas station.

Back then, I played it safe and drove around a 13-year-old Accord around in the Bay Area.

Based on Shaft's and sirkfc's recent experiences it looks like I'll never drive up a new/nice car up to Nor Cal ... (especially the East Bay).

Last edited by misterbear; 02-04-07 at 12:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-04-07, 12:58 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Glad to see you weren't hurt. The car is replaceable, people are not. I hate low-life crooks. They will get what they deserve.
Old 02-04-07, 07:46 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbear
Based on Shaft's and sirkfc's recent experiences it looks like I'll never drive up a new/nice car up to Nor Cal ... (especially the East Bay).
Many parts of nor cal are nice... Silicon Valley is a nice area, very different from the east bay... There are tons of exotics and nice cars all up and down the peninsula...
Old 02-04-07, 08:01 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
Many parts of nor cal are nice... Silicon Valley is a nice area, very different from the east bay... There are tons of exotics and nice cars all up and down the peninsula...
There are plenty of nice places in the east bay, too. I lived for awhile in Pleasant Hill, and then there was Danville, Walnut Creek, and Benicia further north which were all very nice areas with little or no crime. There are always pockets of bad areas, but the east bay in general (outside of many of the areas immediately east of the bay, like Oakland) is a pretty nice place to live and work.
Old 02-04-07, 08:06 AM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear you and your cousin are okay.

Did anyone else notice the rubber hanging off the front tire?
Old 02-04-07, 08:27 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
There are plenty of nice places in the east bay, too. I lived for awhile in Pleasant Hill, and then there was Danville, Walnut Creek, and Benicia further north which were all very nice areas with little or no crime. There are always pockets of bad areas, but the east bay in general (outside of many of the areas immediately east of the bay, like Oakland) is a pretty nice place to live and work.
Yeah, I work in Fremont, which has its ok parts. My parking lot at work has security around, and it's in a business park away from any shopping, so it's safe.

But I will say that except for East Palo Alto, the peninsula is generally a better area than the East Bay, though of course the East Bay is a huge territory to generalize...

My first trip to SF in my new car resulted in it getting keyed, so it's batting .000 in my book too....
Old 02-04-07, 09:45 AM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

damn thats a crazy story, i would have been like f u anything but my car
Old 02-04-07, 10:05 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexuspdx
Glad to see you weren't hurt. The car is replaceable, people are not. I hate low-life crooks. They will get what they deserve.
+1. Where in CA?
Old 02-04-07, 07:16 PM
misterbear
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Technique
Sure, in San Jose and Sunnyvale (aka Man Jose and Sunnymale) - yes I do know a lot of young wealth driving around in very nice cars (like my classmates who were pre-IPO Googlers - DAMN them!!) I'm not disputing that there are a lot of nice places in Nor Cal, but in my experience, you got to be wary about any place next to Oakland.

But still - I hate driving around in Nor Cal in general - freeways, drivers are funky and don't get me started on the parking (esp. in SF, Berkeley, Oakland). A lot of crap happens when you have to park on the street.

Anyway, it's a not that big a issue for me when I visit the Valley on business - I just drive around in a vanilla Hertz rental car. I don't think too many people will be envious of a Ford Taurus.
Old 02-04-07, 07:24 PM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

I would do the same thing if I were you...but speaking of turn the engine off and run no way... just let them be don't even try to resist! I think if the carjacker find out you did that and if they really have a gun... I think they will shoot you while you are running...
Old 02-04-07, 10:40 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I agree with you walnut creek is where all the rich people live hheeheh i used to live there when we moved from oakland due to the high crime rate and then we moved to WA there is always car jacking in the bayarea its just common like in oakland on east 14 god i hate going down there. Most of the time they do have a gun too. You just never know if that one is lying or not . When we visited in 03 i had my new 4runner with 22 on them i was afraid every nite that i was sleeping there that the next moring i see it on blocks or the rims are all ****ed up. I woke up the next day and sum F*** tard tried to steal them but cant so took a crow bars to the chrome and slashed the tires .

Last edited by Drunkebuda; 02-04-07 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-04-07, 10:46 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

crap i live in oakland, guess i gotta be more careful. LOL
Old 02-04-07, 11:56 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

evryone has to move to boca
Old 02-04-07, 11:57 PM
Fiko18