IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Do you use the Lexus dealer car wash?
Yes
42.21%
No
57.79%
Voters: 462. You may not vote on this poll

Do you use the Lexus dealer car wash?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 05:57 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CWS
I've always done my own washs. But, went to Austin to get my CD player replaced, and they advertise 'hand washing', so I figured what could it hurt!? Well, it looked good at first, but today I noticed that something mixed with the brake dust on my chrome rims to make a nasty looking, hard to remove stain, in streaks. Water, and rubbing, did not remove it. I think it was probably the tire black, but I'm not sure. But, I am sure that I won't be letting anyone else wash it again for a long time.
Probably a good idea man. I had been letting Lexus of Sacramento wash my car and after about a month they have managed to make my car look like its been sanded with a very fine sand paper! it looks horrible to me! So I have invested in about 400 bucks worth car detailing products including a porter cable 7424 and I will be fixing and then maintaining my own car from now on!
Old 05-18-07, 07:42 PM
chicasmom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased an 06 IS 350 last week. Pardon my ignorance, but as a second owner of a Lexus, am I eligible to take my car to any Lexus dealership for a free wash?
Old 05-18-07, 07:48 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chicasmom
I just purchased an 06 IS 350 last week. Pardon my ignorance, but as a second owner of a Lexus, am I eligible to take my car to any Lexus dealership for a free wash?
Don't know if any dealers will wash it at your whim, but if you get service of any kind, they'll offer to wash it. So, see - spend 500 bucks and get a
'free' wash job.
Old 05-19-07, 08:30 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chicasmom
Yep, ANY lexus can be taken to any Lexus dealership for a free car wash as often as you like. That standard Lecus service. However if you have a black car dont do it. Most of them will leave ten million micro scratches.
Originally Posted by CWS
Don't know if any dealers will wash it at your whim, but if you get service of any kind, they'll offer to wash it. So, see - spend 500 bucks and get a
'free' wash job.
No, you get a free car wash anytime you like. Just go to the service pull in and tell them you are there for a courtesy wash. All Lexus cars get that privledge. I was doing it weekly until I realized that my dealership has no idea how to dry a car.
Old 05-19-07, 10:36 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ben_r_
No, you get a free car wash anytime you like. Just go to the service pull in and tell them you are there for a courtesy wash. All Lexus cars get that privledge. I was doing it weekly until I realized that my dealership has no idea how to dry a car.
Not every dealership plays along. And for the reasons you mentioned, I skip it anyway, unless I know they'll wash it by hand.
Old 05-19-07, 04:42 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES3
Not every dealership plays along. And for the reasons you mentioned, I skip it anyway, unless I know they'll wash it by hand.
Nice to know I can get it done anytime. However, even with a hand wash, you're not guaranteed a good one. I still haven't attempted to remove the stains on my chrome rims. Hope wax will do it, but since soap and water, and rubbing didn't, I may have to resort to sandblasting.
Old 05-22-07, 06:36 AM
chaos6458
Pole Position

hell no... no more dealer car wash...
Old 05-25-07, 07:31 PM
oakley
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Probably a good idea man. I had been letting Lexus of Sacramento wash my car and after about a month they have managed to make my car look like its been sanded with a very fine sand paper! it looks horrible to me! So I have invested in about 400 bucks worth car detailing products including a porter cable 7424 and I will be fixing and then maintaining my own car from now on!
Hey Ben,

What type of car wash does Fulton use (auto or handwash)? Bought my car there 2 months ago and haven't tried their courtesy wash, yet. They gave me free 30 days of car wash at Pavillions on Fair Oaks and used it once. My car is silver though so it's harder to see imperfections.
Old 05-26-07, 09:19 AM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the dealerships wash if I have the time to wait. Lexus Of Clearlake recently got rid of the machine washers and are now doing them by hand, in which they do a pretty good job. Check your center consol everytime they wash because I think their vacuum hoses scratch the finish. the only other complaint I have is that you always remember to have your sunroof closed. I forgot mine was on tilt and I guess they didn't catch until half way into the wash and they kind of wet the inside of the car, but it dried like new.
Old 07-26-07, 03:46 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The dealer has washed my car twice and i have no issues yet. But i personally like washing/detailing it myself. I make sure it's perfect and i like to bond with my car. lol
Old 07-26-07, 10:29 PM
1022it
Pole Position

i enjoy washing my car. its theraputic for us autoholics
Old 07-26-07, 11:28 PM
oliveryo
Driver

i heard some bad experiences with the Lexus Car Wash. I love washing the car myself.
Old 07-27-07, 09:12 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 777 Likes on 544 Posts

They washed my IS and left it in the sun. Unfortunately they didn't learn how to dry properly and I had some nice baked in water spots to get rid of.
Old 08-12-07, 08:26 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

When I brought mine in for the first time I didn't know that they would wash it. After getting it back I noticed waterspots on all the glass. Used some Amaz clean & green water stain remover to get rid of them. Be careful with any product like this around your B pillars as it can scratch them easily. No more dealer washes for me.
Old 08-12-07, 11:11 PM
italiandud
Lead Lap

i wash my car myself, there is no one i trust more than myself... use a powerwasher, car soap, microfiber towels, tire shine, invisible glass... and bam a clean car

Quick Reply: Do you use the Lexus dealer car wash?