IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Clear Bra at Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 08:59 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clear Bra at Dealer

I had a question about putting on a clear bra. does this have to be done when its brand new. i know it would be best, but has anyone done a clear bra when their car is a few months old?

i should be picking up my 07 IS350 tonight, but before i go, i was going to talk price for a clear bra. I have my budget and dont really want to spend the money on it right now...so unless they throw it in for free, i'd need to put it on in a month or so.

Has anyone gotten theirs put on for free? through my searches, i've seen about $500 for a dealer install of 3M....what are others paying? what is the best deal you've heard of.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-07, 09:13 AM
taylorjste
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got mine thrown in when i bought my car, as well as factory installed tint.. i got the lowest possible price from the dealer then i told them to throw in a clearshield and tint and i would sign the papers that day.. it was all part of the negotiating process.. i lucked out because they had the exact car i wanted sitting on the lot.. is350, crystal white/sterling, lux pckg, nav, ML.. i couldnt pass it up! it also helped that it was the last day of the month..
Old 02-06-07, 09:21 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

bought my car March 25th 2006 and had the dealer put the cb on a month ago. almost a year after i bought it. no problems at all.
Old 02-06-07, 09:29 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

thank you G35TOIS350.

by the way...do you like your IS better than your G35? I test drove the G35, but decided against it because of the quality and feel of the interior. I loved the sound though!
Old 02-06-07, 09:47 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

no prob

uhh...like both cars for differ reasons. the low end torque and oe exhaust was better on the G, but the IS has better mid range and with the Tanabe sounds just as good. the G was a handling machine but i did a lot to the suspension that i havent done to this car yet. really miss my little coupe sometime but end up forgetting about it after i get in my IS and head home hehe. interior and leather quality of the IS is worlds above the G in my opinion.
Old 02-06-07, 10:13 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

The question is, if there are already chips after a few months, do you still want to spend that much on a clear bra? Do it when brand new or not at all...but that's just me.
Old 02-06-07, 10:17 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

dealer said the installers have some issues applying it over chips but it can still be done. i had one chip on my bumper down by the drivers fog light. they just cut out a small circle, about the size of a pencil eraser, out of the bra and left that part exposed. no big deal, really dont care if all but one part that small can't be covered.
Old 02-06-07, 12:21 PM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Just got off the phone with my dealer. The car just arrived on the flat bed this morning. It will be ready on friday. They have to order my lip spoiler and install it, and i told him to scratch the lojack and to install the clear bra instead. should be a wash in regards to the payments trading the lojack for clear bra.

oh man, can't wait!
Old 02-08-07, 04:52 PM
lexem
Pole Position

The place where I got my clear bra will touchup the area with touch up paint before installing the clear bra.
Old 03-02-07, 07:52 PM
cris009
Driver School Candidate

Default clear bra after market

i purchased a 3m clear bra kit fro my is350
cost me $225
getting it installed on monday
bought the touchup paint from dealer and installer is going to
touch up the 3 little rock chips on hood before outting clear bra on
ill try again to post picks after its on
ive tried using the manage attachments button but i think i
need to make picture files smaller
not sure how to that yet maybe my bud can help me out
ill let u guys know how it looks when done but this will only end up
costing like $400 all together as opposed to a quote from dealer of like a $1000
Old 03-02-07, 08:37 PM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

does your dealer use ventureshield? i know its more expensive than 3M. i belive its the only clear bra guaranteed for live never to yellow. 100% warranty for life sounds good to me!

oh, and how much are you getting done? is it just the hood? the $1000 at a dealership is usually the hood, the full front bumper, and the front of the side mirrors. just making sure you're comparing apples to apples
Old 03-03-07, 07:42 AM
nnh768
Driver School Candidate

For anyone that lives in nva there a promotion on clear bra @ Detail Authority in Herndon, it's $520 including hood, fenders, bumper, and side mirrors. An extra $50 for the all four door edges.

Just bought my car on wed and installing it today!!!
Old 03-03-07, 08:33 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nnh768
For anyone that lives in nva there a promotion on clear bra @ Detail Authority in Herndon, it's $520 including hood, fenders, bumper, and side mirrors. An extra $50 for the all four door edges.

Just bought my car on wed and installing it today!!!

I just had mine done there a few days ago. I had a few other things done too (rocker panel/fender kit, door cups, headlights/fog lights).
Old 03-03-07, 08:58 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by taylorjste
i got mine thrown in when i bought my car, as well as factory installed tint.. ..

I have never seen a factory tint option. Are you sure the dealer didn't tint the car?
Old 03-04-07, 07:45 AM
nnh768
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by homer4598
I just had mine done there a few days ago. I had a few other things done too (rocker panel/fender kit, door cups, headlights/fog lights).
doe's your car have those two dimples in the front for the parking sensors? mine does and they hand cut the holes and it looks very crappy, other than that i pretty satisfied.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra at Dealer