IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 slower than these cheaper cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-07, 11:49 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant back it up? Didnt I post a link to dragtimes in my last post? 11.5 second EVO there, stock turbo.

That should have been enough to end the arguement.

That wasnt good enough? How bout this.... 11.22@120.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ht=stock+turbo

Last edited by tqlla3k; 02-08-07 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-08-07, 11:49 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiko18
this is a lexus, enough said
+1
Old 02-08-07, 12:17 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wests
I would bet $1000 that my car could beat every car on that list.
I will take that bet. You'll lose to the EVO
Old 02-08-07, 12:20 PM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Cant back it up? Didnt I post a link to dragtimes in my last post? 11.5 second EVO there, stock turbo.

That should have been enough to end the arguement.

That wasnt good enough? How bout this.... 11.22@120.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ht=stock+turbo
OK I stand corrected, an EVO can beat a Z06 on the stock turbo-

However here is the interior on that stock turbo car-

Not to mention after reading the thread, he took out bumper supports, and a ton of other stuff-

So, yes it happened- but at what expense?

considering a Z06 with headers, throttle body, and tune ran 10.90s with full interior- stock tires- no weight reduction-

The Z06 is still twice the car that the EVO is- considering the guy had to take half his car apart to beat it- LOL

But you were right- an EVO with the stock turbo can beat a stock Z06....LOL

Congrats- a fully stripped EVO tuned to run on C16 gas on drag radials can beat a stock Z06 with a 100,000 mile warranty by .2 seconds-

Just hope the Z06 guy doesnt do $2000 in mods or its over with for the EVO-
Old 02-08-07, 12:27 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GNN60GT500
OK I stand corrected, an EVO can beat a Z06 on the stock turbo-

However here is the interior on that stock turbo car-

Not to mention after reading the thread, he took out bumper supports, and a ton of other stuff-

So, yes it happened- but at what expense?

considering a Z06 with headers, throttle body, and tune ran 10.90s with full interior- stock tires- no weight reduction-

The Z06 is still twice the car that the EVO is- considering the guy had to take half his car apart to beat it- LOL

But you were right- an EVO with the stock turbo can beat a stock Z06....LOL

Congrats- a fully stripped EVO tuned to run on C16 gas on drag radials can beat a stock Z06 with a 100,000 mile warranty by .2 seconds-

Just hope the Z06 guy doesnt do $2000 in mods or its over with for the EVO-
Holy crap.... you remind me of my ex-wife, you'll go on and on and on.
Old 02-08-07, 12:35 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kepeli
Holy crap.... you remind me of my ex-wife, you'll go on and on and on.
Strangely, she said the exact opposite of you... :P

sorry, cheap joke at your expense.
Old 02-08-07, 12:39 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Strangely, she said the exact opposite of you... :P

sorry, cheap joke at your expense.
That's funny!
Old 02-08-07, 12:42 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Okay.. my last comment on all of this.

I promise!

I guess I should have been more clear. A Vette vs Evo is really apples and oranges, as someone has posted. Ty! One is made to drag the other is the all around tuner.

My point is.. and its my biggest point, if you drop enough money into something it can be fast. That is the biggest point of tuning right? Doing what you can so the engine can produce horse power! Now with that said the TCO of the EVO vs the Vette is cheaper, even with all the upgrades..(Okay technically after all upgrades it shouldn't be as expensive as 75k, if it is.. WOW!!!)

And this is why the Vette and Evo are different classes... 20 Mods to get the EVO where its at to beat a stock C6 Z06.. Two mods on the C6 Z06 to put the EVO in check. = /

Points made. IS350 > Than both muahaha.. Yeah I'll get flamed for that. I'm done rambling.
Old 02-08-07, 01:00 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts
Wink

OK now im gonna break down that list with a lil of my reality. . .
#1 I have raced an evo from a complete stop @ a green light & blew him, the dude didnt expect the 350 2 be that fast, so we raced again & I beat him by half a car length!!!!
#2 took out a mazdaspeed 6 thats all im gonna say about that!!!
#3 took out my boyz 350Z everytime & he is still waitin 2 catch me slippin
#4 I have seen a youtube or the other video website (which i cant recall the name rigth now) video with a Brand new IS350 ****tin on a Brand new Mustang GT not once but 2 & @ the end of the video the GT crashes!!!!
#5 not really worried about anything else on the list especially if its american itll breakdown soon enough, & besides the list says $25,000 to $30,000 now we all know that our cars are in the high $30's to $40's so they arent even are the same level, so screw'em & if they wanna add another $10k to the list than we can play!!! Holla. . .
Old 02-08-07, 01:49 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

tqlla3k, the only thing you have proven is that you don't know what you're talking about. In your previous post you didn't even know the proper times that a Z06 runs, so right then and there, your "opinion" isn't very credible. What stock turbo evo is trapping at 125mph?
Old 02-08-07, 01:51 PM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Points made. IS350 > Than both muahaha.. Yeah I'll get flamed for that. I'm done rambling.
Why would you ever get flamed for that...I mean the IS350 is better then both of those cars...right?
Old 02-08-07, 02:03 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm sure the IS is faster than some more expensive cars. So what's the point?!?

speed = $
luxury = $
quality = $
speed + luxury + quality = $$$

all of those cars on that list have 1 or 2 properties at best.
Old 02-08-07, 03:24 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

y'all have to remember that it may be very difficult for many (if not all) of those cars to get those acceleration times. If you flub the launch (either too much or not enough juice) you're going to get much worse times.

The beauty of the IS' great acceleration times is that it is very repeatable. Will you get beat by an un-modded EVO with a great launch? Perhaps. Will you get beat by an un-modded EVO with a mediocre launch? My money is on the IS on the latter.
Old 02-08-07, 08:36 PM
Nvalenti20
Driver School Candidate

I used to own a Evo for about a year. I had about $15k invested into the car including parts and labor. I had made 3 trips to Turbotrix in New Jersey and my last trip I made 381awhp and 371 torque on the stock turbo and injectors. I installed an AEM EMS and a methanol injection kit, boost was set around 26lbs. Obviously I had all other supporting mods to obtain those numbers but I was still on the stock turbo and injectors...no head work or any upgrades on the bottom end, for a car to make no more than 245-250 at the wheels and then make almost 400 at the wheels on the stock turbo and injectors is simply amazing coming from 2 liters of displacement, horsepower per liter is at 190 and still has room to go, there are guys making over 400awhp on the stock turbo, bottom end and fuel system. Granted there is no replacement for displacement but when comparing horsepwoer per liter the C6 Z06 doesn't come close. AMS has built and evo with 1040awhp with a 2.3 stroker kit, thats more than 500 hp per liter, if a C6 Z06 were to contest horsepower per liter with a stroker kit and built bottom end it would have to make 3500hp at the wheels......does anyone know any C6 Z06 making this much power...any Z06 for that matter? I now own the IS250awd and I know I don't drive a 350 but have heard the performance is great, but not one would expect from a car with 306hp rated from the factory. I'm sure there will be some disagreeing on that but coming from people who are fairly knowledgeable about cars, whom have driven high performance cars, I tend to take they're reviews with a grain of salt. There is no denying I miss my evo very much and almost would prefer it sometimes over the IS. The evo was unbelievably fun to drive, it was like driving a go kart with almost 500hp at the crank....the handling and acceleration when full bost hit is inexplainable. I'm just stating my personal experience regarding this topic, it is not meant to lean in any direction so please no flaming. I love both cars equally and wish I could have both. I hope this helps anyone who might think an EVO is nothing but a kids car because its not.

Last edited by Nvalenti20; 02-08-07 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-08-07, 08:42 PM
Nvalenti20
Driver School Candidate

Old pic of my baby.....R.I.P.

And also a video of the AMS evo making over 1000 awhp. And some misc runs. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-htvHuITk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tLNrspiC8...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RNmSu7ieMN8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6FtMJ8jf2z0
Attached Images  

Last edited by Nvalenti20; 02-08-07 at 09:09 PM.

Quick Reply: IS350 slower than these cheaper cars?