IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cashmere/metallic vs. Black/metallic trim ? Help me choose ! Pics included

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-07, 10:32 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Black is the way to go. Easier to maintain and it looks better. One thing I don't like about the Cashmere/Sterling interiors is the black hulking dash. Just looks out of place to me. I thought I originally wanted Cashmere but ended up with black, and I'm glad of it. But it's your choice. No wrong selection.

But I'm surprised your dealer has both black and cashmere with metallic accents in stock. I haven't seen a metallic IS interior for many, many months. Or are you custom ordering??
No. I did not custom order. It is one of those things you don't understand. Here you can't get the IS with NAVI. No even if you pay triple for it. Not even if you are willing to wait for custom order. Lexus has a monopoly in my location so they have fun here getting your money. Someone told me the other day that sales reps here make no less than $200k a year. All of them.

Last edited by warrionex; 02-10-07 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-10-07, 10:37 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are going to be hard to keep clean one the one hand cashmere shows dirt like crazy one the other hand the black shows hair,lint and dust even worse.
Here is my opinion if you live in a more humid climate go with the black or if you live in a dry climate like south texas go with the cashmere.
Old 02-10-07, 10:39 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by houstonT
If you want sporty go black. If you want classy go cashmere...

Peter
Hey houstont where did you get the plastic to go over the carpet mats??
Old 02-10-07, 10:50 AM
tracerit
Pole Position

I'd go with the black/metallic trim. Looks a lot better. I always associated the cashmere and tan interiors with older drivers haha.

A few questions. Even though you choose the black/metallic trim, the headliner is STILL cashmere or a light color right? Or is it that light gray color we see inthe A and B-pillars in the original post?

Also, in order to have the metallic center console, do you have to choose the Sport package?
Old 02-10-07, 11:03 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Looks better with the black interior with the painted metal. I like the cashmere interior also, but only with wood in the shifter area.
Old 02-10-07, 11:10 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jasonviper
Both are going to be hard to keep clean one the one hand cashmere shows dirt like crazy one the other hand the black shows hair,lint and dust even worse.
Here is my opinion if you live in a more humid climate go with the black or if you live in a dry climate like south texas go with the cashmere.

Thanks a lot everyone for the fast and honest responses.

Live in Paradise, beaches and rivers all around. The "civilized" world calls my geographical location the island of Puerto Rico but in ancient times it was called Boriken. Excellent climate year round. Very humid thou !

I'm one of those guys that sticks to its car for a long time so considering my climate and the fact that you'll see less dirt in black leather, the correct decision will be Obsidian with Black Interiors.

What worries me thou, is the effects of the sun (heat and leather degradation). Here, we have summer almost everyday.
Old 02-10-07, 11:21 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Just make sure that you get your windows tinted and get a good leather coditioner and you will be fine .^
Old 02-10-07, 11:33 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tracerit
I'd go with the black/metallic trim. Looks a lot better. I always associated the cashmere and tan interiors with older drivers haha.

A few questions. Even though you choose the black/metallic trim, the headliner is STILL cashmere or a light color right? Or is it that light gray color we see inthe A and B-pillars in the original post?

Also, in order to have the metallic center console, do you have to choose the Sport package?
Answer to the first and second questions: It is exactly as the pics shows.
Third question: No, you don't have to choose the Sport Pack. Here the standard is metallic trim not cashmere. I always see CL members fighting with dealers to get metallic trim but here you can get this trim as easily as asking for it.

By the way, the IS here sells like crazy. Infiniti, Bens, and Audi cars in the same price ratio are no match for the IS250. The 350 is another story since the only one that Lexus sells here will cost you $56K. My neighbor was one of their victims. He loves his red IS (me too) with black interiors and he already installed options and accessories for $4,000. I mean 60K for an IS, no way, that is ridiculous expensive. Too' much. In that price range you could get the 335i. The only rival for the IS here is BMW (3 series).

Last edited by warrionex; 02-10-07 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-10-07, 05:07 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Black all the way. I can't stand cashmere interior on 9/10 cars, IS being one of them.
Old 02-10-07, 06:06 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not a big fan of black cars with tan interiors. It reminds me of peanut butter cups or KitKats...

Go black all the way!!!
Old 02-10-07, 08:50 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

go with BLACK