IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Where would you pick to park your car?
The space on the very left (possible scratch / ding on the right door)
6.57%
The space on the very right (possible scratch / ding on the left door)
10.95%
I dont care ! (both doors are at risk!)
19.71%
An isolated spots 2 miles from the parking lot. (HA!)
62.77%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Where you park your IS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-07, 08:57 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Where you park your IS

Would you pick an isolated spot that noone would ever come close to your car to avoid dings/scratches?
Old 02-10-07, 09:02 AM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
Would you pick an isolated spot that noone would ever come close to your car to avoid dings/scratches?
Yes! I park it so far that it takes me about 3-4mins to get to the entrance of my work!

When I come park it in my apt. parking lot, I got a shade so, I try to park it as far as possible to the car next to me....

And after I park it, I spend about 5mins to walk through my car to see for dings/scratches/etc.....
Old 02-10-07, 09:09 AM
CWS
Lead Lap

Two miles is an exaggeration, of course, but I will walk quite a ways to avoid careless people (like kids in a careful person's car), etc.. If it's totally impractical, then I try to park next to a really nice vehicle, in the hope that they will also appreciate my nice paint job!
Old 02-10-07, 09:30 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

It seems the futher I park away, some a**hole needs to parks next to me. Like my car is a magnet. Yet there are many spots closer to the store. I dont know why.
Old 02-10-07, 09:34 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

I park away from everybody else. I love the exercise.
Old 02-10-07, 09:39 AM
305Cane
Driver School Candidate

i never really paid attention to where i parked unless it was a really tight spot...that is until some punk completely scratched up the side of the car last october ...@ $1600 for two doors and the rear quarter panel, GFM is def not on the cheap (im an under 25 male and have multiple vehicles and tickets so insurance premiums are not my friend and therefore no deductibles for me)...now i park in djibouti wherever i go...

ps - for our geographically challenged members...djibouti is a small african nation whose capital is also djibouti....and now i've realized i like typing djibouti as much as i love saying djibouti...ok ill stop now
Old 02-10-07, 09:42 AM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
It seems the futher I park away, some a**hole needs to parks next to me. Like my car is a magnet. Yet there are many spots closer to the store. I dont know why.
That pisses me off so much. I'll park at the end of a parking row, even on the edge of the line. Then some ******* decides he can park right against my door because they think I left room for them.
Old 02-10-07, 09:55 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
That pisses me off so much. I'll park at the end of a parking row, even on the edge of the line. Then some ******* decides he can park right against my door because they think I left room for them.
the one i really hate is the "bumper nicks" when you park parallel. people uses their front plates/rear bumper as their parking sensors. that's why I'd rather find an isolated spot to avoid that......
Old 02-10-07, 09:58 AM
Wish
Pole Position

I try my best to park prefectly but yet I got a dint on my left door from a careless driver
Old 02-10-07, 01:52 PM
RXISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always try to park next to the same BMW at work (BMW on the left, curb on the right, covered parking = perfect!). No dents yet!
Attached Thumbnails Where you park your IS-lexussp5.jpg  
Old 02-10-07, 02:07 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a parking lot, I'll park far out and with an island/curb on my right. If someone parks to the left of me and they don't have a passenger, I'm safe. (small risk.) I know that if I park with the curb to the left and somebody parks next to me on the right their dorr WILL be openning on my side. (much larger risk.) IOW, there will ALWAYS be drivers, but not always passengers.
Old 02-10-07, 04:05 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

When I go out I park waaaaaaay out there, but at work I park in the same spot unless I get there late....

We have HUGE parking spots. LOL I need to take pictures, you could litteraly open your doors fully on both sides and not hit the car next to you. That is if you part in the middle.
Old 02-10-07, 04:55 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

ditto what IS350jet said........I also never park where I see shopping carts that wind may blow into the car. I'm always taking a cart back to the store if there are any in the area where I park.
Old 02-10-07, 04:57 PM
stangd1909
Lead Lap

I park far out where nobodys else parks! But dam it never fails when I come out of the store, I have 10 other cars around me.
Old 02-10-07, 06:03 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like choosing an end spot (especially if it's beside an island/curb), so that no one parks to one side of me (typically the passenger side, so if something happens to the driver's side, I'd know immediately). I typically park as close to the side/curb as possible.

Quick Reply: Where you park your IS