IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

For those with HID fogs

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 08:54 AM
eddo1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those with HID fogs

I love the color of the HID fogs, either yellow or white, but does it give you a good useable field of vision? Does it blind other drivers? I live in foggy SF and I find that most OEM halogen fog lights to be crap. I want to get fog lights from XD thru the GB. Fairly easy install? I just want to make sure before i spend money on modding my leased car.
Old 02-15-07, 09:26 AM
iexpress
Pole Position

ahhh leased.. are you sure that lexus is ok with you adding aftermarket stuff to a leased car?
Old 02-15-07, 09:30 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iexpress
ahhh leased.. are you sure that lexus is ok with you adding aftermarket stuff to a leased car?
Lol..* Ive Already Have!
Old 02-15-07, 10:01 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have white/bluish hid fogs (6000K) from XD and im too used to them now that i can't use anything else. not sure if HIDs are the best choice for its functionality in fog though...
Old 02-15-07, 10:01 AM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed my hid fogs last month, I took the whole front bumber off, the only
kind of hard thing is taking the front bumper off, after that its a very very easy job. I installed the 6000k kit form mtec and I love it after you put the hid you will see how much better your field of vision increases. also I dont know if I blind another drivers until today nobody has told me anything
Old 02-15-07, 10:07 AM
twkid84
Pole Position

would i be able to adjust the angle after installation?
or do i need to adust them before i put the bumper up?
Thanks
Old 02-15-07, 10:09 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

as long as it's pointed correctly you'll be fine. mine isn't high at all but i've been high-beamed a few times...
Old 02-15-07, 12:08 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jsquared
i have white/bluish hid fogs (6000K) from XD and im too used to them now that i can't use anything else. not sure if HIDs are the best choice for its functionality in fog though...
In your pics you cant see the day/running lights, did you change the bulb? I like the way your lights look, i want to get something similar
Old 02-15-07, 02:24 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by business1s
In your pics you cant see the day/running lights, did you change the bulb? I like the way your lights look, i want to get something similar
what do u mean? i have 6000K hids for the low beams/fogs and i put an led in the high beam/drl so i basically have no drl (its really faint) and the high beam is just an led. i use my low beams all the time and the fogs are bright so i have no use for drls/high beams. i used to have 7000k bulbs in the drl/high beam but its a blue bulb and it was still yellow during the day.
Old 02-15-07, 02:50 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

what do u mean? i have 6000K hids for the low beams/fogs and i put an led in the high beam/drl so i basically have no drl (its really faint) and the high beam is just an led. i use my low beams all the time and the fogs are bright so i have no use for drls/high beams. i used to have 7000k bulbs in the drl/high beam but its a blue bulb and it was still yellow during the day.
I just think it would look weird to have HIDs an then have yellow drl on at night, far away you couldnt tell, but up close i bet you can see it. In your pics I couldnt see any yellow from the drl.I didnt even know the drl, and high beams are the same. So you dont have high beams at all? arent the leds, dimmer than the low beam HIDs?
Old 02-15-07, 02:59 PM
neova
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eddo1
I love the color of the HID fogs, either yellow or white, but does it give you a good useable field of vision? Does it blind other drivers? I live in foggy SF and I find that most OEM halogen fog lights to be crap. I want to get fog lights from XD thru the GB. Fairly easy install? I just want to make sure before i spend money on modding my leased car.
HID fogs surely looks better and is brighter, but yellow lights penetrate fogs better since fog is white. Really depends if you want to look good or see good in teh fog.
Old 02-15-07, 06:50 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as it's pointed correctly you'll be fine. mine isn't high at all but i've been high-beamed a few times...
Same here. I have 8k fog and low and high beamed twice (they probably just wanted to compliment how nice it is )
Old 02-15-07, 07:39 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Same here. I have 8k fog and low and high beamed twice (they probably just wanted to compliment how nice it is )
haha maybe

and the drls turn off when the low beams turn on... that's why u don't see it on in the pic.
Old 02-15-07, 07:46 PM
twkid84
Pole Position

Does anyone has 8000k low and 3000k fog

when inside the car looking in front, do the yellow fog overshadows your low beam? I mean do you see yellow only or a mixture of two?

I believe 3000k produced more output so I amwondering how it will affect my driving
Thanks.
Old 02-15-07, 08:34 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twkid84
Does anyone has 8000k low and 3000k fog

when inside the car looking in front, do the yellow fog overshadows your low beam? I mean do you see yellow only or a mixture of two?

I believe 3000k produced more output so I amwondering how it will affect my driving
Thanks.
everyone says the 3000K produces more output, but damn, if my 6000k is this bright, how much more brightness do u need?

Quick Reply: For those with HID fogs