IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Idiots rotated my tires!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 06:10 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BAHAHAHAHAHA.....sorry I cant help but laugh at their stupidity.

Definately call Lexus 800.25.LEXUS

Good luck and keep us posted on outcome.
Old 02-15-07, 06:58 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Ya well... Funnier for you than for me.

Thanks for the phone #, I will call tomorrow and let you know what happens.

I don't expect them to get their license revoked. I do expect serious consessions from them to try to get my business back, and then I expect never to go back there again.

Still looking for a good dealership around NYC if you have suggestions.
Old 02-15-07, 08:47 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

What was on the invoice for the work? It should have listed the tire rotation.
Old 02-16-07, 07:15 AM
Haiko
Rookie

Utterly Asinine!
Old 02-16-07, 11:00 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why tire rotation would cause a "scraping noise"... the car can't fit 8.5" tires in the front? Don't people even run 9"-wide tires up there?
Old 02-16-07, 11:11 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I don't understand why tire rotation would cause a "scraping noise"... the car can't fit 8.5" tires in the front? Don't people even run 9"-wide tires up there?
It's all about the offset. The stock rear 8.5" wheels have a +50 offset IIRC. Most people are running mid 30's to low 40's with 8.5" in the front.
Old 02-16-07, 11:14 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

^^^ the IS RWD has staggered wheels, both in width & diameter. The rear tires are 1" taller than the front, as well as 1" wider. So if you put a wheel that is 1" taller AND wider than the factory specs for the front, you're going to have issues . . .
Old 02-16-07, 12:50 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Well, they offered me a free 15k mile service, $395 value, to make up for their mistake. So I think that's fair... I'm still gonna call Lexus and ask for a free inspection from another area dealership, as well as free repairs of any damage caused.
Old 02-16-07, 04:22 PM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by diablo1
Well, they offered me a free 15k mile service, $395 value, to make up for their mistake. So I think that's fair... I'm still gonna call Lexus and ask for a free inspection from another area dealership, as well as free repairs of any damage caused.
I would also ask them to replace the tires, or at least the rear ones that got rubbed on the wheel wells. Then reinspect it again with the service manager.
Old 02-17-07, 02:23 PM
LuckySeven
Rookie

hey Diablo1, i also went to the Lexus of Manhattan dealership since I was at a friend's house near there and I had to go there since my AFS light was on , the AFS light came on when I lowered my car. I just wanted them to get rid of it. They told me I had to leave the car for 2 days..so i said w.e sure. Two days later, they told me they cannot fix it due to a burnt wire harnesses in my foglights & they also said it's because of my aftermarket fogs...What A Total Bullcrap... I asked service guy what does AFS stand for (of course I know, but I wanted to see if he knows) and he ignored my question. I also asked them not to wash my car and they still did. I have nasty swirls all over my car. Ever since that happened, I decided not to go to Lexus of Manhattan anymore. They have no knowledge. I bought my car from Rallye Lexus in Long Island and it's too far to drive there but they really do have good service. I recommend Rallye Lexus of Glen Cove. I probably will go there for my 10K service soon.
Old 02-17-07, 04:38 PM
Argentum
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diablo1
First, make sure the service advisor/dispatcher doesn't allow that technician to work on your car ever again. That's an elementary mistake on their part; any decent shop will have a shop foreman sit down and have a nice chat with that tech. No dealership likes to eat tires, not with the limited profit margins on those non-warrantable parts.

The 15K is an oil change and a lot of inspections, according to the Lexus Supplemental Manual. No tire rotation (point that out to them!), the A/C cabin filter is changed out at 10K, according to the manual. The engine air filter is changed out at 30K, according to the manual. I thought we charged a bit at my Lexus service department...

I'd certainly call 1-800-25-Lexus and voice your concern. They do report back to the dealer if the concern has any merit (yours ranks right up there, honestly).
Old 02-21-07, 07:51 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I called 800-25-LEXUS today. The guy on the phone was very nice and helpful. I told him what had happened and he asked what I could do for him. I said I wanted an inspection from a different dealer free of charge, and he said he could certainly do that, so this weekend I'm heading out to Ray Catena Lexus in Larchmont NY to see if they can find any damage. I will also inspect the rear tires myself to see if there is extra wear in areas that would have rubbed. I don't know exactly what the tires looked like before this incident though - any suggestions of how to tell if there is damage? What should I look for?

Thanks for all your help. It's good to know you guys know what you are talking about, even when the factory trained technicians are doing their best to ruin my car.
Old 02-25-07, 12:51 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I went to Ray Catena Lexus yesterday. They did the inspection 100% for FREE. I was very impressed with their service area as well as their showroom, the friendliness of their staff, and overall classy way of doing business. I wish I had bought my car here instead of from Lexus of Manhattan. Oh well, I know for next time!

BTW, their master tech inspected the car for around 30 min, and said he could not find anything at all wrong with the car. So, good news for me... I guess I caught the problem before any permanent harm was done.
Old 02-26-07, 06:49 AM
sailing217
Pole Position

My dealer did the same thing. I noticed it the next day when I was 75 miles away.

They said they would fully warranty the tires, and gave me a free complete car detail. I think they charge about $200 for the detail, so I'm happy.
Old 02-27-07, 10:37 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know why, but this thread freaking cracks me up. I mean how dumb can they be?

Quick Reply: Idiots rotated my tires!