IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

"WOW, I had no idea it did that!"

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-07, 03:21 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNut13
In North America they only wind down. (safte feature so they say) In other parts of the world they go up and down. I think there is another thread about this. He is in Australia so they probably go up and down.
it will lock/close if you use the mechnical key (that means you have to pop out the cover in the door handle to do that).....
Old 02-17-07, 03:42 AM
PharmISee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that when you use "auto" for the air conditioner, it defaults to blowing to the feet. And then when you go to choose direct blowing, you lose the auto option...... or is that just me? I really hate that
Old 02-17-07, 04:35 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gtidan
You wouldn't be a rummy would you? I love and cherish the stuff and I'm always looking for the next gold find. Love to hear from you. I presently have 14 bottles on hand and usually average somewhere in that area. Picked up a new one made in Mexico down the Yucatan way. Aged 10 years and I'm sipping a spot of it right now...

Oh yeah, keep it Lexus........so anyway I put the stuff I purchased today in the truck of my beautiful Lexus IS250. It fit perfectly inside the cargo net that came with the car...d So for any of you out there who wonder if 4 bottles of excellent rum will fit I can eliminate your fears. Yes they will
Dude, I live in paradise. Not only because I literally live in the beautiful Island of Puerto RIco (Caribbean Sea) but because the best rums in the world are made here. Don Quijote is not an exception. The Destillery is located in Ponce (southwest part of the Island). Its about 1 hour trip from my location. Serralles Rum Distillery is a very well established family distillery, that have aged stock going back many generations and although Don Q Grand Anejo is the oldest they sell, if you have the right cash, you could ask around for 'Private stock', reserved for family, friends, etc.

You need to try Don Q Grand Añejo (aged 12 to 13 years), which is truly meant to be sipped in a snifter. Its bottled in a very atractive Decanter style bottle (hand blown I think). You'll love it but if plan on starting a collection and depending on you porfolio, it could be somewhat expensive.

Let me know if you have any difficulty finding Grand Anejo, I could call a sales rep. at the Destillery to see availability in your area.

Last edited by warrionex; 02-17-07 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-17-07, 05:06 AM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

I had no idea it turned SO many girl's heads!!
Old 02-17-07, 05:28 AM
neova
Pole Position

A lot of these things mentioned so far are clearly described in the Owner's manual. I read every page of it on CL before buying the car, then once I got it i spent another night reading and going thru the manual again and checking it out on my car.

The only items that would be worthwhile on this thread would be items NOT already described in the Owner's manual.
Old 02-17-07, 07:01 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

I still don't know what my electrochromatic side mirrors do. I don't think they are doing anything.. but it would be WOW if somehow I knew they were working.
Old 02-17-07, 07:24 AM
Jay1977
Pole Position

I didnt know we were going to face the damn "squeal/squeek" noise this bad.
It is embarrassing!
Old 02-17-07, 08:14 AM
Sarorn
Driver

Originally Posted by r1lee
I still don't know what my electrochromatic side mirrors do. I don't think they are doing anything.. but it would be WOW if somehow I knew they were working.
Dood, the side mirrors tint when there's a car behind you at night! It's awesome! There's a button on your rear view mirror to turn it to Auto.
Old 02-17-07, 08:15 AM
Sarorn
Driver

Originally Posted by neova
A lot of these things mentioned so far are clearly described in the Owner's manual. I read every page of it on CL before buying the car, then once I got it i spent another night reading and going thru the manual again and checking it out on my car.

The only items that would be worthwhile on this thread would be items NOT already described in the Owner's manual.
I read the manual a month after owning the car. I like the excitment of not knowing what every button does....sounds stupid, but thats just me!
Old 02-17-07, 08:54 AM
mail_junky
Rookie

I have Lux package with nav + ML.

1) I didn't know that you could link your smart key with the memory settings so that the seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors positions are adjusted for you the moment you walk up to the car.

2) I didn't know what the nav let you say the name of the state, city, street and street number to specify the destination.

3) I didn't know that you can record voice tag for the phone book entries which you can use to summon the phone numbers when you make a call through bluetooth.

4) I didn't know that there is an emergency gas cover release in the trunk.
Old 02-17-07, 10:08 AM
czar
8th Gear

If you pull up the parking brake, the led lights by your feet get brighter...
Old 02-17-07, 12:23 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sarorn
Dood, the side mirrors tint when there's a car behind you at night! It's awesome! There's a button on your rear view mirror to turn it to Auto.
Dude, I know. But I don't see any difference. What color does your's tint to? I know my rear view tints to green, but I can't tell that my sideviews do anything.
Old 02-17-07, 02:05 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rather forgot about the hill-hold assist feature on our IS's most likely because I live in Houston until I got up to Austin in the hills. Its pretty nice .

I did not know about the mini-console in the armrest that comes down in the rear in between the seats! My moms bigger GS 350 does not even have that!

I did not know Lexus paint was so susceptible to paint chips

I did not know about the mini light inside the cupholder inside the front armrest which makes all liquids in the cups glow at night which is pretty sweet

Did not realize not only are the X-Package rims awesome but they are also EASY as heck to clean all that break dust off of!

Thats about all I can think of, I knew more than the salesmen knew about the car when I went to look at it. Im also 17 going on 18! Researched this, the g35, and bmw for about 2 years before my parents were confident in making a purchase .
Old 02-17-07, 07:10 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by r1lee
Dude, I know. But I don't see any difference. What color does your's tint to? I know my rear view tints to green, but I can't tell that my sideviews do anything.
you will ned to have the luxury package in order to have dim/tilt side view mirrors
Old 02-17-07, 09:34 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
you will ned to have the luxury package in order to have dim/tilt side view mirrors
I understand this. In my fully loaded AWD it says it has electrocromatic side view mirrors. Anyhow, i remember a thread that people who did have it, were also wondering.

Quick Reply: "WOW, I had no idea it did that!"