IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

"WOW, I had no idea it did that!"

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-07, 11:36 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SParker1tx
I rather forgot about the hill-hold assist feature on our IS's most likely because I live in Houston until I got up to Austin in the hills. Its pretty nice .

I did not know about the mini-console in the armrest that comes down in the rear in between the seats! My moms bigger GS 350 does not even have that!

I did not know Lexus paint was so susceptible to paint chips

I did not know about the mini light inside the cupholder inside the front armrest which makes all liquids in the cups glow at night which is pretty sweet

Did not realize not only are the X-Package rims awesome but they are also EASY as heck to clean all that break dust off of!

Thats about all I can think of, I knew more than the salesmen knew about the car when I went to look at it. Im also 17 going on 18! Researched this, the g35, and bmw for about 2 years before my parents were confident in making a purchase .
i have one question, why did you get the IS250 over a g35 and i presume, a 3-series?
Old 02-17-07, 11:58 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

couse hes smart. end of story
Old 02-18-07, 12:17 AM
305Cane
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PharmISee
that when you use "auto" for the air conditioner, it defaults to blowing to the feet. And then when you go to choose direct blowing, you lose the auto option...... or is that just me? I really hate that
but then i actually thought about it and put those college degrees to work ...if you notice it reverts to the foot blowers (sounds kinda freaky when u say it like that) only when its cold out and its giving off hot air...makes sense when you add to the fact that hot air rises...that way you pretty much warm the car in the most efficient way...

still i think its stupid anyways...screw efficiency...i bought my car in the US of A!
Old 02-18-07, 12:23 AM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know that the side mirrors have the auto dim feature. I'll have to take a look next time. I don't think it does, because the quality looks different from my inside rear view mirror (that has autodim, I know).
Old 02-18-07, 03:08 AM
Jblaze2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
I didn't know that the side mirrors have the auto dim feature. I'll have to take a look next time. I don't think it does, because the quality looks different from my inside rear view mirror (that has autodim, I know).
The premium package doesn't have this feature.
Old 02-18-07, 08:31 AM
Sarorn
Driver

Originally Posted by r1lee
Dude, I know. But I don't see any difference. What color does your's tint to? I know my rear view tints to green, but I can't tell that my sideviews do anything.
My side views tint too...its an obvious difference from normal shades. Maybe you should bring yours in to get checked...becasue there's a big noticable difference.
Old 02-18-07, 09:42 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Originally Posted by demik
couse hes smart. end of story
hi, who are you?
Old 02-18-07, 09:43 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ron_is350
hi, who are you?
demik ..........
Old 02-18-07, 09:50 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

demik ..........
terrific, but seriously, what's wrong with the new g35's? my dad was thinking of getting a is250 or g35 as a commuter car. and possibly a 328

Last edited by IS_NIICE; 02-18-07 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-18-07, 09:56 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

terrific, but seriously, what's wrong with the new g35's? my dad was thinking of getting a is250 or g35 as a commuter car. and possibly a 328
(G35) 15.5 mpg (city) vs. IS250 20+mpg (city). Couple of hundred dollars that I can invest in my IRAS.
Old 02-18-07, 10:03 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

its a great car. dont get me wrong. fast to. my sister has one. it would beat me anytime. but the interior on the g's is ok. i like my interior better. imho i think nissan puts there performance before luxury. and they are good at it. thats just me. before i bought my car i was considering the G or the IS. took me a while but i chose the IS. i like lexus dealerships way better too. sry ron if i made u mad. truce?

sry Andoskyy for getting of topic
Old 02-18-07, 10:13 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

its a great car. dont get me wrong. fast to. my sister has one. it would beat me anytime. but the interior on the g's is ok. i like my interior better. imho i think nissan puts there performance before luxury. and they are good at it. thats just me. before i bought my car i was considering the G or the IS. took me a while but i chose the IS. i like lexus dealerships way better too. sry ron if i made u mad. truce?

sry Andoskyy for getting of topic
it's cool, ive never driven the 250 so i was just wondering.
Old 02-18-07, 02:45 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Your dad bought you two nicer cars than he's going to drive as a daily car?
Old 02-18-07, 06:53 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

i have one question, why did you get the IS250 over a g35 and i presume, a 3-series?
Hahaha, good question. I really wish I would have gotten the 350 but im so glad I dident. Weird answer huh? Second everytime I see either the G or the 3 im SOO glad I did not get them. 350 vs. 250. I would have already gotten a ticket and perhaps an accident. I got the 250 so I could discipline myself I dont know if I could have handled that much Horsepower Im only 17 going on 18 soon. Also the 250 gets better MPG which is nice and I could get extra accessories with the 250 that my parents would not have paid for in the more expensive 350. The G looks terrible inside and out compared to the IS in my point of view. Not to mention the build quality is not up to par with lexus and im picky about stuff like that. The 3 series looked like crap on the interior to me and I actually like the gen before the current 3 series look better. Not to mention I could not get half of the features the IS has on the 3 because of the cost! So those are my reasons! HAha..
Old 02-18-07, 08:49 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarorn
My side views tint too...its an obvious difference from normal shades. Maybe you should bring yours in to get checked...becasue there's a big noticable difference.
Thanks, I will certainly do that this week.

Quick Reply: "WOW, I had no idea it did that!"