IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Low 13sec IS-350?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-07, 06:50 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by D-man
Yeh, I saw he (Gernby) was running D.O.T. rubber (Hoosiers), but I didn't know he dropped weight. Still every "review" site basically states the same thing.... The IS runs a 14.2. It sounds like they are a good .5sec faster in stock running gear. This is usually the opposite for the review mags.

Yeh, I have been on this site a few times but I never would have put "drag-times" and Lexus" in the same mind-set, ya know!

Yep, I think I'm sold. I can kill two birds here by getting my wife the car she likes (don't get me wrong, I love it too, I have just been a GM loyalist my whole life), AND I can mod it, maybe she won't notice, and make me happy as well. It looks like I may be driving it for work purposes for the first 6-10 mos. while she drives my lade, anyway.

That should give me enough time to get the car into the 12's ????. Pending the aftermarket, of course.

Now, I just have to find one. Looks like they are pretty scarce here in So.Cal, to get the options/colors you want anyway...

"D-man"
Good luck D-man! I'm sure you will eventually find one that fits your options/colors you want. BTW..What exactly are you looking for?
Old 02-20-07, 07:00 AM
D-man
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Good luck D-man! I'm sure you will eventually find one that fits your options/colors you want. BTW..What exactly are you looking for?
Hey Cayman!

Black Pearl/ Dark gray int. Nav/ML package, Luxury package (I opt for the sport package, but the wife, you know.), Parking assist, A couple of other little things, I don't even need the 18's as I plan on putting other rims on it anyway. I have already checked with a couple of dealers here in Orange County and they have a wait list for 350's.

I guess they don't "order" vehicle like GM does, you just go on a list and "if" it comes in, it's yours. I even asked one about a "dealer-trade" and I didn't get a "warm-fuzzy" from him on that.

D-man
Old 02-20-07, 07:04 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Hey Cayman!

Black Pearl/ Dark gray int. Nav/ML package, Luxury package (I opt for the sport package, but the wife, you know.), Parking assist, A couple of other little things, I don't even need the 18's as I plan on putting other rims on it anyway. I have already checked with a couple of dealers here in Orange County and they have a wait list for 350's.

I guess they don't "order" vehicle like GM does, you just go on a list and "if" it comes in, it's yours. I even asked one about a "dealer-trade" and I didn't get a "warm-fuzzy" from him on that.

D-man
Sounds like it will be a nice ride. To compensate for the non-sport model you can always thrown on some Eibach springs.
Old 02-20-07, 07:18 AM
D-man
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by caymandive
Sounds like it will be a nice ride. To compensate for the non-sport model you can always thrown on some Eibach springs.
Yeah, I have a shop, where we work on our Super-comp car. So I DIY on a lot of the Mods and if I end up with the Lux., I will probably want to drop it and tighten it up a bit.

I just hope the after-market really "ramps-up" this year as it seems to be pretty scarce right now. (No ECM programming, yet)

"D-man"

(PS, I am a Openwater 1 diver, Love it! never been to G.C. though would LOVE to.)
Old 02-20-07, 07:43 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Yeah, I have a shop, where we work on our Super-comp car. So I DIY on a lot of the Mods and if I end up with the Lux., I will probably want to drop it and tighten it up a bit.

I just hope the after-market really "ramps-up" this year as it seems to be pretty scarce right now. (No ECM programming, yet)

"D-man"

(PS, I am a Openwater 1 diver, Love it! never been to G.C. though would LOVE to.)
Yeah I don't know when or if any ECM programming will be available. I'm guessing piggy backs will be the way for most. As for the after-market ramping up I would have to say it has really started taking off over the last year. Several exhausts available, intakes, springs, etc. Eibach is supposed to release a rear sway bar in the near future and I believe Borla may finally be releasing 2 versions of exhaust. (on and off road)

PS..you should definitely hit the Caymans for some diving and get your advanced open water while there. Very very ideal diving conditions!
Old 02-20-07, 05:54 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Grrr... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263432

As an aside, GM has "stolen," if you will, most of their lean techniques from Toyota, as part of the original agreement behind New United Motor Manufacturing (Toyota's first US plant, a joint venture with GM).

Last edited by Irishman06; 02-20-07 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-22-07, 12:23 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Cayman!

D-man
Sorry to butt into your thread since I don't have anything to contribute to your original question but I do want to point out that if you really want to "order" an IS350, it can be done. I was curious what dealerships you've tried around the OC area? I ordered mine from Tony Tsou from Longo Lexus and he's a really professional guy to work with. I don't have his # or anything but just call up Longo and ask for him. Tell him Kari Nguyen referred you. I'm not sure if he'll remember me since I got my car nearly a year ago but he'll still take care of you regardless. Good luck.
Old 02-22-07, 12:37 AM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

A good friend of mine has a cousin who is the boss of the fleet manager at Toyota of Claremont. Now he'll do anything my friend tells him to do. How is this related to Lexus? Well this guy (the fleet manager at Claremont Toyota) use to also be the fleet manager at Longo Lexus.

So I got the referral. I went to Toyota of Claremont with my buddy. Bam, the fleet manager treats me like his son. He contacts his very good friend at Longo to "take care of me" and set me up with an IS Lexus--guaranteed. So I went with my friend to Longo and met this guy.

Wam, bam, thank you ma'am---20 minutes, I'm out of there with my brand new 2007 Lexus IS250. 20 freaking minutes!!!!!!!! How do you figure that? Next thing I know, I'm waiting for the finance manager to print out my contract, registration info, blah, blah. I didn't even know what was happening because my head was still spinning on getting the car. In not time flat, I had the IS250. They got my car detailed, in what seems like forever because I couldn't wait to see it!!!!!

If you want a Toyota, I can get you a very good referral. The fleet manager still remembers me since I gave him a ride in my new Lexus. That's how close we are now, lol.

Anyways, @ Longo--I went through Mark Fata. He's the man there.
Old 02-22-07, 10:14 AM
D-man
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Sorry to butt into your thread since I don't have anything to contribute to your original question but I do want to point out that if you really want to "order" an IS350, it can be done. I was curious what dealerships you've tried around the OC area? I ordered mine from Tony Tsou from Longo Lexus and he's a really professional guy to work with. I don't have his # or anything but just call up Longo and ask for him. Tell him Kari Nguyen referred you. I'm not sure if he'll remember me since I got my car nearly a year ago but he'll still take care of you regardless. Good luck.
Kari, Thank you for the info and you "did" contribute. I have only called Westminster Lexus, giving them a chance for about a week, but so far they havn't come through. I am only used to dealing with GM dealers and I have my relationships there but I have "nothing" in this segment. So far I have heard nothing but good things about Longo, and while they are a little farther from me, (I usually try to keep service/warranty issues with the dealer I bought the car from), I think I will call them if I don't hear back. The unfortunate part is we have a Toyota lease that is getting close to being up and I need something pretty quick, but I am not willing to just "settle". Thanks again Kari.

"D-man"
Old 02-22-07, 03:21 PM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Hey D-Man-

Fellow muscle car guy here- this is my first non-American car- and I really enjoy driving it-

Its a quick car and with intake and exhaust its actually quite a bit of fun- I went from a blown Mustang convertible to this car because I needed 4 doors, and I have really enjoyed it-

Decent power with pretty good MPG makes it a great daily driver for me-
Old 02-22-07, 03:55 PM
D-man
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GNN60GT500
Hey D-Man-

Fellow muscle car guy here- this is my first non-American car- and I really enjoy driving it-

Its a quick car and with intake and exhaust its actually quite a bit of fun- I went from a blown Mustang convertible to this car because I needed 4 doors, and I have really enjoyed it-

Decent power with pretty good MPG makes it a great daily driver for me-
Hey, and in Cali too, I see. Yeh, I have only had GM V8's, in some form or another. I was looking at the GC SRT-8 but, (I/we) have to head into another direction with our 2nd daily driver. but I don't want to give up having a reasonabiliy fast car and moddable, so that's why I was looking at this, but now it looks like NO-ONE has the options colors I am looking for and everywhere in So cal puts you on a wait list

Good to know that a fellow Motor-city man likes the IS though

"D-man "