IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone Have Any Sucess In.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 11:20 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have Any Sucess In.....

Getting the rearview to operate the garage door? I've owned two homes since I bought my IS and couldn't get either remote to pair with the rearview. I followed each step to the letter and nothing...anyone else had troubles and figured it out?
Old 02-18-07, 11:43 AM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, we've got 3 lexus, and theyve all been compatible with both of our houses. They steps are pretty simple in the owners manual of the 2IS, but there is one key part that caused me some problems while trying to connect my IS. Usually, if you face a problem, your garage opener has a switch or a button that you have to activate in order for it to connect to another remote. Look at your big box where the garage chain leads into (on top of your garage roof), and there should be a switch that you turn on. After you have done this, try to re-do the steps in the owners manual.

Hope this helps, goodluck.
Old 02-18-07, 11:46 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Thank you.
Old 02-18-07, 12:06 PM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

no prob, let us know if that helped.
Old 02-18-07, 12:17 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just programmed mine this morning after having the car for 7 months. Steps:

1. Hold garage door remote near rear view mirror, depress Homelink button of your choice and garage door remote button down. Homelink will flash slowly. Let go of both buttons when Homelink button blinks rapidly.

2. Try Homelink button. If it doesn't work, depress "learn" button on your garage door opener. Go back and depress Homelink button up to three times to sync them.

This worked flawlessly on mine. Just make sure you have a good strong battery in your garage door remote, and the process will go smoother.

Good luck.
Old 02-18-07, 12:40 PM
TurboTodd
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

If your garagedoor opener has a "rolling code" (most new ones do) you have to take that extra step in the garage. I visited the website for my opener to figure out where the "learn" button was on the motor unit hanging from the ceiling. Some openers allow you to press something on the wallmounted unit as well to get the opener to go into learn mode.
Old 02-18-07, 12:44 PM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

The button/switch i was talkinga bout earlier is called the "learn" button i guess. Were talking about the same thing here, so i think we found the cause of your problem. Just activate the learn button, and it should work.
Old 02-18-07, 12:57 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Haven't had any problem getting the homelink buttons to work for the garage doors in our IS or RX, but still can't get them to open the entrance gate to our neighborhood.
Old 02-18-07, 05:40 PM
is250gurl
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i can't get it to work on my home gate either. someone please help!
Old 02-18-07, 05:52 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I RTFM and it worked for me.
Old 02-18-07, 06:08 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by is250gurl
i can't get it to work on my home gate either. someone please help!
This might not be much help, but...
My apartment unit's gate didn't work by simply following the instructions in the Lexus manual, so I went to the internet and searched for the manufacturer of the gate remote. Don't remember what the difference was in their instructions, but it was just slightly different, and it worked.
Old 02-18-07, 06:09 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

The home I bought was built in 2000 and it came with a very old looking Genie opener (like the prior owner may have bought it used) anyway no luck. Thanks anyways guys!
Old 02-18-07, 06:42 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CWS
This might not be much help, but...
My apartment unit's gate didn't work by simply following the instructions in the Lexus manual, so I went to the internet and searched for the manufacturer of the gate remote. Don't remember what the difference was in their instructions, but it was just slightly different, and it worked.
Is there any way you can find those instructions? I'm not able to sync the car to my friend's apartment complex gate. The gate opener doesn't have any indication of what manufacturer it is but the instructions you used couldn't be too different from any other manufacturer's right?

Thanks if you can help
Old 02-18-07, 11:08 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by acl15
Is there any way you can find those instructions? I'm not able to sync the car to my friend's apartment complex gate. The gate opener doesn't have any indication of what manufacturer it is but the instructions you used couldn't be too different from any other manufacturer's right?

Thanks if you can help
Don't know if I'll recognize them if I see them, but I'll look.
Old 02-18-07, 11:57 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CWS
Don't know if I'll recognize them if I see them, but I'll look.
OK. These look familiar. As mentioned on one page I found, be sure to hold your remote VERY close to the mirror buttons, in case the battery is weak.
Then, follow instructions on this page.
http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/...0/05v70_11.htm

If the remote transmitter was made in Canada, then see the second part of that page. One of those should work.
Hope that helps. I "think" the first method was what was in the Lexus manual, and I "think" mine required the Canadian method.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have Any Sucess In.....