IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone installed JDM fender turning signals ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 08:02 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone installed JDM fender turning signals ?

I was wondering , I know we have to drill holes on the fender ,but how many and how big?
Old 02-21-07, 09:35 PM
Sarorn
Driver

Where can we get these JDM side fender signals? I'd like to get some on mine...
Old 02-21-07, 09:38 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i have had mine for a while but everytime i go to put them on i get scared and back out.haha

illmaticmike has them on his
Old 02-22-07, 06:14 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I find this item a curious one. Most of the people here try to streamline the lines of their IS's by tinting reflectors, taillights, headlights, foglights a darker color, and tinting their windows. So why is the tacking on of a safety light on the side of the car appealing to some? I've lived in countries where side lights are required, and I never thought they improved the lines of a car. Just seems people want to make their ride different, but I don't think side lights is a very aesthetic way to do it. Just a rambling opinion.
Old 02-22-07, 08:11 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I find this item a curious one. Most of the people here try to streamline the lines of their IS's by tinting reflectors, taillights, headlights, foglights a darker color, and tinting their windows. So why is the tacking on of a safety light on the side of the car appealing to some? I've lived in countries where side lights are required, and I never thought they improved the lines of a car. Just seems people want to make their ride different, but I don't think side lights is a very aesthetic way to do it. Just a rambling opinion.
I got them cause Im a JDM freak!!!! Happy??? HAhAHaH
Old 02-22-07, 09:00 AM
neova
Pole Position

I pesonally wished we had the requirement of a side market light. Its' an added safety featutre in addition to the standard front/rear turn signlas.

I thought the lease lexus could do was put a 3rd turn signal on the side mirrors a la mercedes benz, i think it would have been nice.
Old 02-22-07, 10:36 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by neova
I pesonally wished we had the requirement of a side market light. Its' an added safety featutre in addition to the standard front/rear turn signlas.

I thought the lease lexus could do was put a 3rd turn signal on the side mirrors a la mercedes benz, i think it would have been nice.
I agree - I wish the IS would have it in the mirror or mirror housing
Old 02-22-07, 11:36 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
If you are really a freak and if you REALLY want to be happy do the paperwork and legwork and actually import a real, right hand drive JDM instead of emulating the Japanese look with an American spec vehicle. It's not impossible to do this.
Old 02-22-07, 12:09 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evitzee
If you are really a freak and if you REALLY want to be happy do the paperwork and legwork and actually import a real, right hand drive JDM instead of emulating the Japanese look with an American spec vehicle. It's not impossible to do this.
I would but I dont like the RHD!! Its more fun to emulate anyways haha, I got other JDM stuff on the way and Im sure no one has it.
Old 02-22-07, 12:16 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

I would but I dont like the RHD!! Its more fun to emulate anyways haha, I got other JDM stuff on the way and Im sure no one has it.
I like the way you think
Old 02-22-07, 12:26 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

The side marker lights are not just JDM. They are standard issue in Europe, the Middle East, Australia... pretty much everywhere except North America.

Personally I like both the look and the added safety.
Old 02-22-07, 08:11 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by demik
i have had mine for a while but everytime i go to put them on i get scared and back out.haha

illmaticmike has them on his
thats what Im afraid of , lol . can you post a pic of illmaticmike car , thanks
Old 02-23-07, 08:45 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MIAMIS250
I like the way you think
Thanks, there would be no point in modding if I just got a JDM IS...its the love and passion for the sport/lifestyle.

Originally Posted by Bichon
The side marker lights are not just JDM. They are standard issue in Europe, the Middle East, Australia... pretty much everywhere except North America.

Personally I like both the look and the added safety.
Even so, I know they are from Japan too, so thats all that counts. I have a DC2 covered in JDM parts, and there are parts that are from the UK and Japan does it make my car UKDM? I dont think so....but thanks for your take on it though

Last edited by iSuxeL; 02-23-07 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-23-07, 01:17 PM
illmike
Lead Lap

i have these on my car....cut the hole (16.5" up and 3" across" if you want it just like stock) make sure you are PERFECT with the cuting due to the fact there is no room for mistake...honestly just take them to a professional body shop if its your 1st time. if the cut fitment isnt pefect...you WILL see the hole.

good luck with the wiring...the +/- Pins are the side markers are ALOT smaller then any other ones out there...you will need the JDM socket or find any female connectors small enough to fit...i havent had time to go to any hardware store to look yet, but there out there...

no pics...looks like any other JDM 2IS sidemarkers lol
Old 02-23-07, 01:31 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by illmike
i have these on my car....cut the hole (16.5" up and 3" across" if you want it just like stock) make sure you are PERFECT with the cuting due to the fact there is no room for mistake...honestly just take them to a professional body shop if its your 1st time. if the cut fitment isnt pefect...you WILL see the hole.

good luck with the wiring...the +/- Pins are the side markers are ALOT smaller then any other ones out there...you will need the JDM socket or find any female connectors small enough to fit...i havent had time to go to any hardware store to look yet, but there out there...

no pics...looks like any other JDM 2IS sidemarkers lol
How did you get those measurements? Or are they your assumption? What I cant figure out is where to you get the connector from, I want an OEM piece if possible...

Quick Reply: Anyone installed JDM fender turning signals ?