IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Southern Cali Special Order Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-07, 09:42 PM
seyton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Southern Cali Special Order Question

Hey everybody I have a question regarding special order, specifically if you guys think it will be necessary or not.

Here is what I am looking for:

IS250 RWD automatic
Black (Obsidian) exterior
Black or Grey interior
Navigation

Pretty much basic specs, I am assuming at least a few dealers in southern cali would have this car in stock.. I am looking to purchase in July, and I would much rather buy the car and not have to wait for special order. Also, I have to sell my current car (private party, not trade-in), so timing is an issue.

I would prefer not to have the 18's (I have 18's on my car now and I have dented all of them with potholes in ****ty southern cali roads). And I am not picky with the rest of the additional options.

It seems like dealers just cant keep ISX50's on the lot and most people on this forum have special ordered. So... thats my question, any insight would be great..
Old 03-07-07, 09:54 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

You'll find a 250 on the lot with those options. It'll have 18s.

And if you think the roads in southern California are bad, try Pittsburgh. I hit potholes that ate babies whole there. Or Michigan. Heck, anywhere it snows.
Old 03-07-07, 10:41 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for 250's i think it shouldnt be too hard to look for one. you can always find a dealer willing to sell you a car for cheap and get them to find one for you.
Old 03-07-07, 10:54 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

why special order? i really don't think you'll have much trouble finding what you're looking for. if it was an is350, you'll need quite a bit of luck. not so much w/ the is250...

although if you're waiting until JULY to buy the car, dealer inventory of 2k7 is250s might be slim pickings for you.

Last edited by projectdna; 03-07-07 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-07-07, 10:55 PM
is_wil
Driver

seyton:

definitely look up autotrader.com - you can see dealer stock there - it's pretty accurate I've found...

Also, I've seen some people on here with some nice 17's that they bought from tire rack - you might look at getting these if you can't find one without 18's...I'm sure you can sell your 18's on eBay...

here's a couple of posts about the 17's I quickly found for you:
1. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=421
2. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255255
Old 03-08-07, 02:47 PM
seyton
Driver School Candidate

thanks a lot guys! now i dont feel worried anymore..
Old 03-14-07, 11:11 PM
XicaIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by seyton
Hey everybody I have a question regarding special order, specifically if you guys think it will be necessary or not.

Here is what I am looking for:

IS250 RWD automatic
Black (Obsidian) exterior
Black or Grey interior
Navigation

Pretty much basic specs, I am assuming at least a few dealers in southern cali would have this car in stock.. I am looking to purchase in July, and I would much rather buy the car and not have to wait for special order. Also, I have to sell my current car (private party, not trade-in), so timing is an issue.

You should try Longo Lexus in El Monte...they have a huge selection of IS's...I just went to test drive one and they had the same one you are looking for, I would have gotten it, but I would prefer to have white on black. However I too was in the same predicament with a car I had to get rid of. I started the selling process in December, and eventually posted my car on yahoo trader and on the pennysaver, it sold at the exact price i was asking for. I went to CarMax to get an estimate and they didn't give me a good price, but I was patient enought to wait until the right person came along. Now my husband and I are sharing 1 car until I get my IS. I just ordered it today because they didn't have the one I wanted in stock. Longo will order it for $500 down, they get cars in about 2-3 weeks. Check them out, or call them! If you're looking to buy now, you should start selling your car soon, especially if you think it won't sell fast.

Good luck!