IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Obsidian or Starfire Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-07, 09:44 AM
04lrg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obsidian or Starfire Pearl?

I am trying to decide between these 2 colors. Can anyone who has these colors give me some pros and cons from their experience?
Old 03-08-07, 09:44 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Starfire pearl................
Old 03-08-07, 09:59 AM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

My choice is a bit biased! Starfire Pearl FTW!

Old 03-08-07, 10:00 AM
Nuster
Driver

That's a big difference. It's pretty much white vs. black.

Do you like light or dark?

I think the problem that most people have with obsidian is keeping it really clean and it's easy to see the swirl marks which is not easily seen on light color like starfire pearl or tungsten pearl.

I have TP and I really like it, but that's probably the lightest color that I will go since I'm a "guy".

*Personal opinion*

Crystal white, Starfire Pearl, and Glacier Frost Mica, and Break Water Metallic are considered/reserved for the ladies.

*Personal opinion end*

P.S. I do like the Starfire Pearl and GFM colors, but I'll not gonna drive it.
Old 03-08-07, 10:11 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sheesh.... You really need to do your own homework in this matter. You are asking whether you should get a cat or a dog as a pet. They are different animals. If you are so undecided as to whether to get an essentially black or white car how can we help you decide? What is important to you? Why not layout your thoughts and then we may be able to give some guidance, but an open question like this isn't going to net you anything but a lot of (mostly biassed and worthless) opinions. See below .... I fail to see how somebody's opinion of which colors are 'girlie' is of any help.

Originally Posted by Nuster
I have TP and I really like it, but that's probably the lightest color that I will go since I'm a "guy".

*Personal opinion*

Crystal white, Starfire Pearl, and Glacier Frost Mica, and Break Water Metallic are considered/reserved for the ladies.

*Personal opinion end*
Old 03-08-07, 10:18 AM
04lrg
Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Sheesh.... You really need to do your own homework in this matter. You are asking whether you should get a cat or a dog as a pet. They are different animals. If you are so undecided as to whether to get an essentially black or white car how can we help you decide? What is important to you? Why not layout your thoughts and then we may be able to give some guidance, but an open question like this isn't going to net you anything but a lot of (mostly biassed and worthless) opinions. See below .... I fail to see how somebody's opinion of which colors are 'girlie' is of any help.
Dude, I am trying to get owners of these colors and their experience with them. If you don't have one of these colors, kindly keep your "opinions" to yourself.
Old 03-08-07, 10:32 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm... that's a really hard choice... i picked obsidian but... the white is really really nice... it was hard for me also
Old 03-08-07, 10:57 AM
Haiko
Rookie

Obsidian isn't 'just' black, it's Freakin S*E*X*Y!

If your lazy get SGM it's HOT but hides the 'dirt' better.

Edited to add:
Discalimer: I am in *NO* way insinuating nor trying to insinuate that SGM owners are lazy.

Last edited by Haiko; 03-08-07 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added Disclaimer
Old 03-08-07, 11:02 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What your CAR COLOR says about you...

Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel. You're more of an aggressive driver.

White cars represent status-seeking extrovert drivers. You're more of a conservative driver.

Which are you?

Here is an article about it...
Old 03-08-07, 11:09 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

If you don't mind more frequent car washes, go with Obsidian.
Old 03-08-07, 11:15 AM
Jblaze2
Pole Position

If you plan to add a bodykit, or something similar then I'd get the Starfire Pearl. It's a lot harder to see the lines and bodykits on a black car.

Also what color interior do you want? if you perfer to have a black interior it'll be much easier to find a black/black color combo whereas you might have to special order for a white/black.
Old 03-08-07, 11:17 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 04lrg
Dude, I am trying to get owners of these colors and their experience with them. If you don't have one of these colors, kindly keep your "opinions" to yourself.
I think you need to re-read his post. You are way off on your attack.

Like everyone else has said, it your preference, however the obsidian will be a lot harder to keep clean...
Old 03-08-07, 11:18 AM
Nuster
Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel. You're more of an aggressive driver.

White cars represent status-seeking extrovert drivers. You're more of a conservative driver.

Which are you?

Here is an article about it...
Very well said!
Old 03-08-07, 11:23 AM
Jiggy07IS
Driver School Candidate

I just got my 07 IS250 Obsidian with black interior 5 days ago. I have always owned black cars. Thats my personal style...I definatly spent sometime this time around considering the pearl white color, it definatly looks hot. But it just wasn't "me".

The black looks soooo hot when its clean...but the second it gets dirty, forget it...its definatly going to take hard work to look hard!
Old 03-08-07, 11:29 AM
04lrg
Driver

Originally Posted by Buds
I think you need to re-read his post. You are way off on your attack.

Like everyone else has said, it your preference, however the obsidian will be a lot harder to keep clean...
I think you need to re-read my post. If you don't own a black or white YET, kindly keep your opinions to yourself. For everyone else, thanks for all and any info/opinions bias or not.

Quick Reply: Obsidian or Starfire Pearl?