IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Today, my IS250 give me an issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-07, 06:48 PM
is250rulez
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today, my IS250 give me an issue.

OK ! today , while driving to work, I got the CHECK SYSTEM message. Call some lady at my dealer ( SJ, Cali ), she said drop the car now, i dont know why i dont have to make an appointment, she also said it is emergency. Damn, I got freak out. SO, bring to dealer after 30 mins, I also ask them to check my rattle rite in the center at the dashboard. 8 hour later, they called, and said they can reproduce that rattle but they CAN NOT eliminate it. So, they will keep the car for couple days. Damn, im so worry for her, guys

And then i ask what about the the CHECK SYSTEM light, they said they did not get that far yet and they will spend time on the rattle first and go back to that. Alrite complete my day, with this pending issue in my head. By the way, they give me a big big DOdge Durango as a loaner.
Old 03-14-07, 07:11 PM
andone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that but a Dodge Durango as a loaner. ROFL..... I thought they would give you a another lexus as a loaner.
Old 03-14-07, 07:20 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Poor guy, but a Dodge for a Loaner? I Think you should take it back and ask for a Lexus lol, cause my brother in law always get a Lexus for loaner when he takes his car in for service.
Old 03-14-07, 07:34 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

I think you have a choice of getting a loaner, at least, that was in my case!
Old 03-14-07, 08:54 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting that the first thing they went after was the rattle! Keep us posted on what they find out. And good luck piloting that Dodge.
Old 03-14-07, 10:18 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

I wouldn't complain too much. They gave you a loaner, you can live with it for a few days, as long as you don't have to gas it up...

They seem to be making an honest effort, so just let them do their work and not be so **** about the loaner car you get. Getting the job done well and having a good long term relation with your service dept is the most important part.
Old 03-15-07, 11:29 AM
is250rulez
Rookie

After one day 2 days driving the Durango, i feel like Im driving a boat. It sucks gas pretty much. Thinking to call them and get another loaner.
Old 03-15-07, 11:34 AM
SkydotCom
Rookie

tell them you plan on leasing or buying another lexus in the near future. Maybe they will be convince to loan you another lexus you prefer.
Old 03-15-07, 11:57 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

FYI
When I had my old ES300 serviced, they rented me a Benz. Another time, they took a used Lexus on the lot for me to use. You may want to ask for a used Lexus due to gas prices.
Old 03-15-07, 12:43 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck, even when I took my 92 LS400 in for service they gave me a brand new ES350 loaner.
Old 03-15-07, 04:38 PM
PGSberg
Driver School Candidate

Sounds to me that since it was an emergency, they may have been out of Lexus loaners and gave you the Dodge from the used car lot. If that was the case, it seems resonable to me.
Old 03-15-07, 06:20 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Let's see: Your check engine light was on, so they drove it around to check the rattle first? BS! They haven't laid a hand on your car since you left it there, content with a Dodge loaner.
Old 03-16-07, 02:35 PM
is250rulez
Rookie

Some update ...

My IS had been there for 3 days , it is going on the fourth day and still is in progress of working on the rattles. I am so happy when the techini said, he wants to make sure it will not bother me again. BTW, they are going to give me the RX today instead of the boat (Durango). Will keep u update with the rattles. Dont' know why it takes too long. Lov ya all !
Old 03-16-07, 07:32 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by is250rulez
Some update ...

My IS had been there for 3 days , it is going on the fourth day and still is in progress of working on the rattles. I am so happy when the techini said, he wants to make sure it will not bother me again. BTW, they are going to give me the RX today instead of the boat (Durango). Will keep u update with the rattles. Dont' know why it takes too long. Lov ya all !
Fixing the rattles is good, but I'd want to know why the light came on. When you exchange cars I'd quiz them as to what is going on and what is their timetable to completely diagnose the problem. $5 says it is sitting on the lot and not being worked on.
Old 03-16-07, 07:35 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Let me guess...
Another one with engine misfiring problem?

Quick Reply: Today, my IS250 give me an issue.