IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What do you not like about your 2IS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 01:28 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the amount of leg space u get in the back... this car should be a coupe.

but then again.. im always in the driver seat so who cares how much space is back there
Old 03-20-07, 01:34 PM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
1. the paddle shifters are a freaking joke (like I don't even know why they put them on if they are not going to shift for 3 seconds after you push them)
2. brake dust
3. stock sub blows
AGREE 100% with #1
Old 03-20-07, 01:40 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NO1ZX6R
I wish the tilt wheel would go up automatically when you turn off the ignition. My old '91 LS400 did this. Maybe it's included in an option package that we didn't get.
It is included on the Lux package I believe, as my car does that.

I do have nits to pick about a dashboard rattle and brake dust, but both should get fixed after a trip to the dealer next week

I also find the IS gets scratches and small bumps more than any other car I've driven. The "IS Curse." Sigh. Also, the cupholders are a bit of a pain in the ****; there aren't very many places to put your stuff in the center console. Looks good, but not very practical.

Also, my sunglasses don't fit in the sunglass holder. Roar.
Old 03-20-07, 01:54 PM
NO1ZX6R
Rookie

Originally Posted by knihc2008
It is included on the Lux package I believe, as my car does that.

I do have nits to pick about a dashboard rattle and brake dust, but both should get fixed after a trip to the dealer next week

I also find the IS gets scratches and small bumps more than any other car I've driven. The "IS Curse." Sigh. Also, the cupholders are a bit of a pain in the ****; there aren't very many places to put your stuff in the center console. Looks good, but not very practical.

Also, my sunglasses don't fit in the sunglass holder. Roar.
yup, there you have it, looks like we should have gotten the Lux package! and I also forgot to mention the excessive brake dust on the front wheels and we have a small scratch on ours too.
Old 03-20-07, 02:10 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

it should have come with an option for 19s, other than that nothing
Old 03-20-07, 06:33 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Brake dust

2. No sun visor extension

3. Cheesy material on the inside where the window sits. I don't know what this area is called but even after I've put lotion on my skin, this area always get these white marks that are annoying (I have black interior so it shows up easily).

4. Easily chipped paint (especially in the front bumper/hood area)

Side note, the sport pkg also comes with the telescopic steering wheel so you can get it in either the LUX or Sport pkgs.
Old 03-20-07, 08:39 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiko18
it should have come with an option for 19s, other than that nothing
would have digged that
Old 03-20-07, 08:40 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi

3. Cheesy material on the inside where the window sits. I don't know what this area is called but even after I've put lotion on my skin, this area always get these white marks that are annoying (I have black interior so it shows up easily).

Hmm I find the interior to be top notch, some cars use big pieces of plastic which is cheap, the mix of that rubber and leather is pretty nice in my opinon, but it does stain easily so I understand where you come from.
Old 03-20-07, 09:04 PM
cancellino
Pole Position

I love the car; the paddle shifters suck, too much break dust, memory seats should be standard with power seats, seat heater does not get hot enough and all mirrors should be electromagnetic. Oh and what's up with the center arm rest, the way it folds back and you cant get to the aux jacks easily.

Last edited by cancellino; 03-20-07 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-20-07, 09:17 PM
Eug421
Driver

The plastic in the interior stains and scratches so easily. It's annoying as hell. Seems like I'm not the only one with that problem. The exterior paint does scratch quite easily as well what's up with that?
Old 03-20-07, 11:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,063 Likes on 2,460 Posts

In the first 5k miles, I didn't have a single pit, chip, or divot in my windshield. In the last 17k, I've managed to completely pepper the windshield with tiny divots, and even had a serious chip that had to be repaired last week (thankfully the repair is almost invisible - the crack was the size of a quarter!) The entire front of the car has been peppered with stone strikes, and all from driving between the Bay Area and Sacramento. I even have a divot in the Lexus emblem on the front grill from a very hard rock strike.

I don't follow trucks. I never drive off road. I spend the vast majority of my time on Interstate highways (I-5, I-580, I-680, & I-880). And yet, the car looks like a combat veteran. It's incredibly disappointing. My Supra with 141k miles does not look anywhere near as bad.
Old 03-21-07, 02:15 AM
Eug421
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
In the first 5k miles, I didn't have a single pit, chip, or divot in my windshield. In the last 17k, I've managed to completely pepper the windshield with tiny divots, and even had a serious chip that had to be repaired last week (thankfully the repair is almost invisible - the crack was the size of a quarter!) The entire front of the car has been peppered with stone strikes, and all from driving between the Bay Area and Sacramento. I even have a divot in the Lexus emblem on the front grill from a very hard rock strike.

I don't follow trucks. I never drive off road. I spend the vast majority of my time on Interstate highways (I-5, I-580, I-680, & I-880). And yet, the car looks like a combat veteran. It's incredibly disappointing. My Supra with 141k miles does not look anywhere near as bad.
I-880 is the worse. I have never encountered a highway with more rocks or trash as bad as 880. I feel you on that bro.
Eug~
Old 03-21-07, 02:43 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

more friggin cup holders.LOL theres only 1 in the center console, and the other one is in the hand rest which blocks my resting hand. 350 shoulda came in 6speed also.
Old 03-21-07, 08:49 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eug421
I-880 is the worse. I have never encountered a highway with more rocks or trash as bad as 880. I feel you on that bro.
Eug~
You should take a look at 101 in the South Bay, it makes 880 look like a brand new freeway.

Anyways on the IS, I wish the Nav didn't have any restrictions.
Old 03-21-07, 09:12 AM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

seat heater does not get hot enough

not hot enough? oh my god! im burning every time i turn it on.

Quick Reply: What do you not like about your 2IS?