IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer Screwed Me

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-07, 01:06 AM
khoongy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah man id be pissed at the dealer too.
-he had to drive a total of 3 hours just to find out he would get his car back another day
- then, when he got the bad news of the repair and went to pick up his car, he had to drive another 3 hours ....and since they did a poor job fixing it, he was probably speeding his way back.
-finally, when he went to pick up his car, (another 3 hour drive).. they have the ***** to charge him money for his FREE 5k mi service.

he probably spent a bunch on gas alone just getting there.
the dealer shouldnt gave given him such a hard time.
and yes, the tech should have paid for it. if he cant drive then he shouldnt be working with cars.

yes im harsh, but i know how it feels to be screwed by crappy dealership service. my car was in/out of the shop 3 times before they got the car 'almost' right. but since my car is a lease, i didnt care as much as i normally would. i just wanted my car back because i was paying monthly for a car that i cant even drive. anyway, when they send you their customer survey...be sure to give them hell. they get in big trouble for it. sorry bout your ride. it hurts to know that your car has been hurt and isnt 100% anymore. but still a freakin sweet ride nonetheless.
Old 03-19-07, 03:49 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I think a simple call to the lexus customer service will solve the problem....?
Old 03-19-07, 06:19 AM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
There's nothibg copr will (or should) do. The dealer made good of fixing the damage, eventually. As for the $118, corp has NO control over that. If someone got a free coffee mug after servicing, and another customer doesn't, is corp responsile for that?!? Corp has NO control over these types of issues. If you don't like the finish, start somewhere else.
That's NOT entirely true!

If you complain to Lexus Corp. they will talk to the dealer and depending on how bad the situation is, they can limit the dealer's allocation and the number of cars they get!

They are pretty good about this with Toyota so, for Lexus they would be really good...
Old 03-19-07, 07:03 AM
rjm07
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
Have to agree to with those who think the dealer should have (at least) absorbed the TPMS charges. I, for one, would still be PO'd. Just the inconvenience of having to drive 3 hrs again should be worth $118. Add the sheer aggravation of having your new car damaged by supposed professionals, plus having a crappy initial repair, and I think the dealer should throw in some sort of compensaton - like a free 10K service.

Sure, everyone makes mistakes. But everyone should also be expected to be held accountable when they do.

My 2 cents.

RJM07
Old 03-19-07, 07:24 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Sure enough this is not some chevy or kia dealership.. I mean these guys have reputation and they have to live up to that.

I was told by a salesman once that if the service tech hits or bumps any cars on the lot, they are 100% responsible for the repairs and it will go out from their pay checks... by implementing this kind of clause, Lexus is maintaining their superior class, trusts and safety towards their customers.

I believe the tech should be penalized to some extend for being careless at his job. I am consultant myself, and if I were to accidently shut off one of the prod servers in my client place.. haha gues what OUT THE DOOR plus they will be suing my company for the loss incurred for x num of hours..

You should NOT be paying the $118.. at all as it was a great inconvenience for you. I feel they should have even reimbrsed your GAS and tried to accomodate you to the extend they could rather than just fixing the the car WHICH they damaged and giving a Loaner.

I feel bad for you bud... but things do happen and we have to live with it. Good Luck!!
Old 03-19-07, 07:42 AM
Nuster
Driver

If I were in your situation, I would negotiate with the dealer to get a new car. Might have to pay the difference, but it's OK because the car is still going to be NEW and accident free. Then, the dealer can try to sell my used wrecked car.

I agree with the earlier post. When I pickup my car, I expected to in the same condition when I last drop it or better PERIOD!

OP,

I think making a quick phone call to Lexus Corp wouldn't hurt. It might help some of us if we were screwed by other dealers.
Old 03-19-07, 08:06 AM
New York
Driver School Candidate

I’m not trying to be cheap by any stretch. If I took the car in for service and it required parts that were not under warrantee then in this situation I wouldn’t have any problem paying for them. Labor is another issue. My time has a value too. I would have thought since they couldn’t figure out how to initialize the TPMS on my first visit and asked me to leave the car and drive another 3 hours back and forth they would maybe split the difference in the cost of labor. Now they wreck the car, do a crap fix that I could have done with a can of spray paint, try and pass it off as acceptable then make me dive another 6 hours for 2 trips back and forth before they get it right, then have the ***** to stand there and tell me his sorry for the problems we had and then stick me with $118 bill in which they couldn’t fix on my first service trip. All I have to say is this is POOR service. This is my 3rd Lexus I purchased from this dealer and I have steered 2 friends and relatives to this dealer for their new cars. I appreciate all of your feed back in this situation.
2007 Matador Red IS 350
Factory options: Luxury Package w/ 18" wheels, Nav
Old 03-19-07, 09:57 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by New York
All I have to say is this is POOR service.
Was it illeagal to charge the $118.... of course not. Was it cheap on their part... sure. But no court will reverse that.
Old 03-19-07, 11:43 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sue them for the dimished value on your car. You have a new car, with low mileage. Any accident could cost YOU 2K or more when you try to sell the car. Think about it, if you buy a used car... wouldnt it be worth less to you, if you had found it had been in an accident?

Those A-holes. If they did that to me, I would cause a mad scene. I pity any dealership that does that to me... because its going to be a long month. A REAL LONG MONTH for them

Someone hit my Left front fender on my 06 IS. The car, was assesd at 2K less than it would have been had it not been in an accident(29K at the time, vs 31K... carmax).

Though, lindsay lexus offered me 31K.
Old 03-19-07, 11:45 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Also, call lexus corporate. If you are mad enough, they can offer you $$$ in service credit, good at any dealership.
Old 03-19-07, 03:09 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

So what exactly did they replace on your car?
Old 03-19-07, 03:24 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Sue them for the dimished value on your car. You have a new car, with low mileage. Any accident could cost YOU 2K or more when you try to sell the car. Think about it, if you buy a used car... wouldnt it be worth less to you, if you had found it had been in an accident?

Those A-holes. If they did that to me, I would cause a mad scene. I pity any dealership that does that to me... because its going to be a long month. A REAL LONG MONTH for them

Someone hit my Left front fender on my 06 IS. The car, was assesd at 2K less than it would have been had it not been in an accident(29K at the time, vs 31K... carmax).

Though, lindsay lexus offered me 31K.
Diminished value SHOULD only apply in cases where there is structural damage done to the car. I lurk on alot of other car forums and am amazed at just how much people THINK they are owed because somebody scratched their car or becasue they needed to replace a plastic bumper cover or a fender. I have alot of friends that work at various dealerships ranging from chevrolet to ferrari and if anybody really knew how jacked up these cars really get before they are ever sold you would never buy one..Stone Phillips should go undercover on this one.
Old 03-19-07, 03:25 PM
New York
Driver School Candidate

As seen on the parts list invoice. Front bumper cover, Front left spoiler, Left headlight assembly, Retainer front bumper, fender sub assembly, inner fender unit assembly, misc clips and pins. Tissues to clean up the tears from my sobbing car.

2007 Matador Red IS 350
Factory options: Luxury Package w/ 18" wheels, Nav
Old 03-19-07, 03:30 PM
trio
Driver

Diminished value is only recognized in certain states. In NY, insurance companies do not recognize it so it'll be hard getting any money from that.
Old 03-19-07, 03:31 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by l1tech
Diminished value SHOULD only apply in cases where there is structural damage done to the car. I lurk on alot of other car forums and am amazed at just how much people THINK they are owed because somebody scratched their car or becasue they needed to replace a plastic bumper cover or a fender.
First sane response to this thread!

Quick Reply: Dealer Screwed Me