IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer Screwed Me

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 07:09 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can tell. They do that stuff for a living. I had my work done at the local Lexus Bodyshop(part of a dealership). They are one of the highest ranked in the area.

Its Not hard, if you know what to look for. Even if its not obvious to you or 95% of the people out there.

The problem is, when you want to trade in your car, the people who assess the car know what to look for.

All Carmax had to "Discover" is that several panels were painted, thats enough to deduct $2k off my trade in. ALL ALL ALL competent shops blend paint, esp on pearl colors. And to the trained eye, its impossible to hide blends. Thats how they know the car was painted.
Old 03-21-07, 07:30 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

I have to disagree with you from personal experience. Just a little over a year ago my Dodge Magnum got hit in the front end and did $13k worth of damage. The entire front end was replaced and also the left front frame rail. I knew of a good body shop because of where I work and the body shop knew where I worked and knew of my shops reputation and that a quality repair on my car could only do good for them. I told them to take as long as they needed. 2 1/2 months later I got the car back and had it immediately taken to an independent inspector for a going over. This is no lie but he thought that the whole car had been repainted because he couldn't tell where the paint had been blended. The car was actually better than new, even the panel seems were better than original. When I sold the car I disclosed the damage to the buyer, even though it wasn't on carfacts or auto check, he took the car to another post accident inspector and that inspector also couldn't tell where the repair work had been done. Now mind you that I was very involved with the repair of the car from start to finish but it does prove that if the repair is a quality repair it will and can be as good as new or in my case better. BTW I sold the car for more $ than others that were on the market at the time although mine did have considerably fewer miles.
Old 03-21-07, 08:18 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Fine, I am not going to argue that.

What do you think the odds are that the OP got a repair job as good as your car? Please take into consideration... the fact that he could see problems right away, and they had to repaint the car again?
Old 03-21-07, 11:55 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

thats messed up. I used to have a toyota a couple years back and i took my car into the dealer for routine service and they called me a few hours later to say that the car was done but they had made a small dent in the side of the car. when i got there they had in fact left a huge dent, on the entire right side of the car. The tech who did it said sorry and the dealer paid to get it fixed for free and gave me a loaner until the car came back from the shop. the only reason why i didnt really blow up on them was that they offered right away to fix it all for free and the service manager always hooked me up.
Old 03-22-07, 12:16 AM
punky34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow~!~! the manager screwed his name, the dealer's name and possibly the "lexus" name for $118 bucks?? not $10,000+ bucks??? he's an idiot. Destroying relationships for pocket change. If he was gonna go the extra mile to fix it for you "free" great but his good-will got shot down the drain for a fart in his brain. Shame on him. It's like running the marathon and stopping a mile before the finish line....wipe your butt when you're done buddie. Sorry I'm harsh tonight, ex-wife yelled at me.

Last edited by punky34; 03-22-07 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-22-07, 04:26 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by l1tech
it does prove that if the repair is a quality repair it will and can be as good as new or in my case better.
let me know when youre looking to buy a lexus in the future and since you dont mind it i can make you a great deal on one that is previously wrecked
Old 03-22-07, 06:11 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjbodean
let me know when youre looking to buy a lexus in the future and since you dont mind it i can make you a great deal on one that is previously wrecked
Don't know how to drive yours huh
Old 12-10-10, 03:57 PM
gary101
Driver School Candidate

I just came back from Wantagh Mazda where I believe i was lied to and given the run around. I brought the car in for squealing breaks in the morning, hard shift from 1-2, and a creaking passenger seat belt. The car only has 3500 miles on it. Well anyways I was told that all these problems were perfectly normal. The hard shift from 1-2 i read on this forum is a common problem and that there is a re flash for it. The service rep at the dealer told me at this point there is no re flash and that its normal. On the seat belt which i also read is a common problem and is usually replaced. He took a drive with me and hear the creaking and told me it was nothing. What is wrong with Mazda?
Old 12-10-10, 05:40 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gary101
I just came back from Wantagh Mazda where I believe i was lied to and given the run around. I brought the car in for squealing breaks in the morning, hard shift from 1-2, and a creaking passenger seat belt. The car only has 3500 miles on it. Well anyways I was told that all these problems were perfectly normal. The hard shift from 1-2 i read on this forum is a common problem and that there is a re flash for it. The service rep at the dealer told me at this point there is no re flash and that its normal. On the seat belt which i also read is a common problem and is usually replaced. He took a drive with me and hear the creaking and told me it was nothing. What is wrong with Mazda?
u should post at the mazda6club.com, not here.....
Old 12-10-10, 06:37 PM
Lexs350
Driver

For what it is worth. I feel that the Dealer should of not charged you a penny for your inconvienece since they damaged your new vehicle. If he had any sense, he would of tought long term. Eat the cost for the TPMS to ensure he has a satisfied customer who would bring the vehicle in for future service and maybe the next purchase of a new vehicle. I for one would never use or buy from this dealership-PERIOD!!!! after hearing this.
Old 12-10-10, 06:55 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

first off corp does not do BS
they sit on their bhind n make themselves feel important
i had my car stalling out for the past 3 months
they make me drop it off at the dealers ....
n at this rate the dealer said they wont give me a loaner.....
and corp will do nothin about it
and they cant find the problem ....
how are u gonna find the problem after driving the car for 5miles...seriously!!!
DEALERS are RETARDED THE END
Old 12-10-10, 07:28 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
u should post at the mazda6club.com, not here.....
This thread is three years old. I have a feeling he won't see this message since he only posted here about 8 or 9 times. Might be long gone by now.
Old 12-10-10, 08:20 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That post was made today micaiah....the post is gone. the mods got it i guess.
Old 12-10-10, 08:25 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh. Weird.
Old 12-11-10, 05:05 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by New York
3 weeks ago I took my IS350 into Burdick Lexus located in Syracuse, NY. The car was due for the free 5000 mile service. In additions to this service I need them to initialize the TPMS. I have black Kazera rims for the lovely upstate winters. During this service they were unable to initialize one of the sensors. I should mention that I screwed up and didn’t write down the TPMS code number before I put the wheels on the car, so they had to break the tires down to get the code. Since they couldn’t get the 4th sensor to initialize they gave me a loaner and asked for me to come back on Monday. Real pain in my *** as I live 1.5 hr away from the dealer. I received a call on Monday stating that the TPMS warning light was off but as the master tech was backing the car off the lift he hit a steel post with the driver side front fender and bumper. They said they would fix it. I let them know my expectation was I wanted the car back in like new condition as there wasn’t a make on the car. They called me later that week letting me know the car was ready. I instructed for them to have it parked in an area of the service center where I can see it in the sun light. I arrived after my 1.5hr drive only to find the car sitting in a dark corner of the service center. I began to inspect the car and immediately noticed the bumper was all orange peel, the fender had scratches and dust in the clear coat, the bumper area below the license plate didn’t fit and you could see the yellow plastic sticking out and the area behind the grill was incrusted in buffing compound. Needless to say I was pissed. I asked for the service manager to call me on Monday to discuss how they would fix it right. Well, they took it all back apart , repainted it and called me to pick it up today. They finally got it right. It looks good. The service manager brought me over to the cashier telling me he was sorry about the problems we had and then proceeded to try and charge me $118 for the TPMS service. I told him he was out of his mind. For god’s sake, he wreck my new car and caused me 2 weeks of inconvenience and tons of travel back in forth to the dealer. He said the best he could do would split the difference with me as he said he had to pay his tech already. I asked him if he took money away from the master tech who crashed the car. He didn’t see the humor in this. My question is, is this how all dealers operate when they clearly cause damage to your car and create HUGE inconvenience for you????

2007 Matador Red IS 350
Factory options: Luxury Package w/ 18" wheels, Nav
Call the owner and discuss the situation with him.
I had a beef over an excessive charge for swapping out run-flats on an SC430. We discussed the problem, and how the GM and SM handled it and the Owner had a refund check cut for me.