IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Let's see what I got last week

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-07, 09:45 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eddiec
I already did...and It's hard for me even with babelfish.
Old 03-18-07, 10:18 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at my parts list... it doesnt look like you can get the fascia separately.

those door handles look awesome. How do they work? Are they on all the time.
Old 03-19-07, 05:45 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by acl15
nice, the vlink seems useful.
Useful, are you out of your mind ! This is the Ultimate Gadget. THE ONE. The thing to have.

A thousand thing came to my mind when I saw the VLINK. For starters, I could use my 750gb external drive in the car. That's it DUDE. All my video, pics & audio available for me to play in the car.

Second, I don't need to use the stinking IPOD, that I hate so much. Why do you need to connect your IPOD if you can have your whole video & audio collection in your car. Still, the VLINK is fully integrated in to the IPOD.

The possibilities are endless. I'm so excited I want to cry.

Now about the availability issue, Clublexus have to do something to help us get the VLINK gadget with all of the accesories. Moderators, start thinking how can you guys use your Lexus's US corporate or japannese contacts to get THE ONE.

Last edited by warrionex; 03-19-07 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-19-07, 06:03 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You will need a connector in your trunk. Since Toyota uses 6V, you can only use Toyota/Lexus camera.

eddiec, not technically... you do not "have" to use the OEM Toyota/Lexus camera.

You can use the 6V output from the Nav to trigger a 12V (+) ACC for an aftermarket camera.

Did you think of it in that way before? Of course OEM Camera is much much better... but i feel an aftermarket camera is always an option. Those new eclipse cameras look good too! Perfect for aftermarket installation!
Old 03-19-07, 06:46 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Here are my research results so far regarding the VLINK:

The gadget is made by PairLink and the manufacturer ID is V Link-VS1. The aprox. cost is between $136.69 and $152.44 USD.

I'm assuming there is a way to connect this thing to the IS. But there is not explanation on how to do it it the websites I came across. Here is a babelfish translation of some of its features including the IPOD mode:

I-Pod Mode
Using the specific function of iPod, music type (the music file of the type which is supported with iPod) you use iPod mode to playing back. As for the item regarding reproducible music file format and the like with iPod please refer to the iPod manual.

It consists of the subordinate menu of play list, artists, albums, genres and songs to the initial screen of i-Pod. It is possible to select the subordinate menu making use of the remote control button.
There being a part which displays the working condition of iPod and a setting state for Repeat mode and Shuffle on the bottom of Pod, you display present setting state. It is the subordinate menu when Play list is selected.
When the music which is selected with iPod mode (the file) playing back, it is the picture.

File Mode
File mode categorizing the file format such as picture, music and the animated picture which in the memory unit (equipment) of iPod and the like are retained displays the dying and all files, uses in order to do file management and the like.

It has the function which plays back the file which is selected by the respective file format.

When File mode is selected, all folders and the file which are retained in iPod and the like appear in the initial screen. The initial screen is sort of the right picture.

Old 03-19-07, 08:15 AM
w0ggy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm....

http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/a_day_in_the_life/2006-10-29

"...do you feed the V-Link signal through ADP-10?"..."Of course, I use ADP-10."

so whats ADP-10?
Old 03-19-07, 08:34 AM
eddiec
Pole Position

This is ADP-10.

You can connect it to here. I believe those who have DVD will see a cable from Radio Receiver to MultiDisplay. This cable is the same but from external source to MultiDisplay.

For those who don't have DVD, "Video" will work; otherwise, "DVD" will work (I guess).

Old 03-19-07, 08:39 AM
trio
Driver

if you ever get the GS door handles to work. post pics =).
Old 03-19-07, 08:55 AM
w0ggy
Rookie

so this v-link seems to be the solution many of us have been looking for...a means by which to watch videos on the nav screen w/o cutting any wires (nav hack)...am I correct?
Old 03-19-07, 09:59 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by w0ggy
so this v-link seems to be the solution many of us have been looking for...a means by which to watch videos on the nav screen w/o cutting any wires (nav hack)...am I correct?
only 134 dollars... this seems like a steal at this price..
Old 03-19-07, 10:14 AM
eddiec
Pole Position

Originally Posted by w0ggy
Okay! Now I am what is the problem right now
I read this thread before and it looks like ADP-10 is not working in US model.

Well, as I know that those RX and GS owners in Taiwan already have ML DVD but they still can install additional device to watch Digital TV.

And here are the steps to watch Digital TV.
1. Turn Audio on.
2. Switch to DVD or VCD. You must have a Video Disc in.
3. Click DISC again then Digital TV is on.

As I know that they design a box so that it will "cheat" MultiDisplay that DVD/VCD is playing (I guess). Let me check if I can get more info for you. Sounds like lots of people need this kind of device
Old 03-19-07, 08:35 PM
eddiec
Pole Position

I found the hardware vendor who makes this kind of device for ES/GS/RX/LS. I will need to check with them since those IS250 here in Taiwan are all Non-NAVI ones. Someone w/ Non-ML in US will need to test with me for this device. I don't see any big issue since this product is ready
Old 03-25-07, 02:49 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

any update?
Old 03-25-07, 05:57 PM
cancellino
Pole Position

Nice stuff...I lke the lightd fuel and trunk switches...if you have part numbers that would be great.
Old 03-26-07, 12:17 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

I found the hardware vendor who makes this kind of device for ES/GS/RX/LS. I will need to check with them since those IS250 here in Taiwan are all Non-NAVI ones. Someone w/ Non-ML in US will need to test with me for this device. I don't see any big issue since this product is ready
Yes, please keep us posted!