IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do It Yourself (Suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-07, 03:12 PM
GianniG60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do It Yourself (Suspension)

Is there a link somewhere that discusses changing (lowering) the suspension on an 06 IS 350 (do it yourself instructions)? I have tried to do it myself and I keep getting stuck and have to put the car back together so I can drive to work! I would like to find some help from someone who has already done it themselves and can lend some advice. Thanks.
- GM
Old 03-19-07, 03:32 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

Go to http://techinfo.toyota.com/, buy a $10 one day membership and download/print the suspension HOWTO diagrams for the suspension. It lists every bolt, the disassemly order, and notes and torque specs.
Old 03-19-07, 05:04 PM
GianniG60
Driver School Candidate

Default Do It Yourself (suspension)

Thanks, man. Only one problem...the website doesn't confirm that they have the information I need (basically exactly what you mentioned - the diagrams, disasembly order and torque specs). Have you seen it or do you know someone that can verify the info? I've just wasted so much time already that I don't want to waste any more time or money. Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
- GM
Old 03-19-07, 05:19 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

It doesn't get any more detailed than what they have. It is literally step by step for removing, inspecting, and reassembling the entire car. Once you are in Techinfo, select the car, then just select the Suspension section for the diagrams you need.