IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Had To calibrate my nav position!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 11:07 AM
is2fiddy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had To calibrate my nav position!!!

Got back from a road trip over spring break and my nav position was stuck in Louisiana and I live in Texas. Didn't know what was wrong, so I went to the set up menu and calibrated my position and everythings fine now. Anyone ever have this happen?
Old 03-20-07, 11:10 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

only problem i have had was in my last car the weather would tend to throw off the system but i havent traveled far enough with this car yet. you will have to keep us posted to if it happens again.
Old 03-20-07, 11:30 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Miami, FL and this has happened to me a few times. The first time was on a trip to Orlando... i was near the destination and I was turning. The turn was clearly on the nav but it just kept going straight. I had to look for a nearby POI, plug it in and calibrate it.

The second time was on the way to my house from my g/f's house. I've taken this trip a million times before with 0 problems. That day I ended up inside of a freaking golf course. Of course, had to recalibrate it.

The last time was this past weekend when I went to the Florida Keys. I got to the house we were staying at... which according to the nav was in the Atlantic Ocean.

In all 3 occasions, the weather was fine and all the routes were clearly visible on the nav (meaning they all existed). I dunno why it happened but its a pain in the *** to fix it.
Old 03-20-07, 11:36 AM
Joneser
Driver

mine occured enroute to midway airport here in chicag from my place... i was in the middle of illinois for some reason... however the weather was crapy with ice buodl up on the top of my car... when i got there turned off my car and started it again... everything was fine... i have had the car for almost 3months... this was back in early Feb.
Old 03-20-07, 12:29 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

I had this happen yesterday....I reset it and it seems ok now. I didn't drive the car at all last week...maybe part of the cause?? but it shoudln't be..It had me relatively close ...like within 10 miles..

I have had it be off a bit for short periods of time...but yesteday it never corrected itself..perhaps a satellite issue if many are having it???
Old 03-20-07, 12:40 PM
newis350
Pole Position

i had similar experiences. i took to to the dealership and they ordered a new DVD disc for the navi system. have not yet have it installed. i will let you know the outcome once the new disc is installed
Old 03-20-07, 01:05 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Happens when outside frequencies affect the Nav system.

I typically find that this happens in remote areas, or when a big-rig is beside the car...
Old 03-20-07, 01:27 PM
Goldglv
Driver

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. How do you re-calibrate the NAV though?

Also, I read on here in another post that after the dealer installs the updated NAV disc, we lose the OVERRIDE menu to use the NAV while the car is in motion. That's something I don't want to lose.....
Old 03-20-07, 01:39 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldglv
The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. How do you re-calibrate the NAV though?
Go to Menu and choose Options.

On the third page/screen, there's a Calibrate button. You just put on the map where you are and what direction you're facing. That's it.
Old 03-20-07, 03:32 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

You should never have to recalibrate the nav. Sounds like you have an '06 with the buggy map disk. There is a TSB to replace it.
Old 03-20-07, 03:35 PM
j|michael
Driver

haha...this happened to me the other month. apparently i don't look at my nav much because i didn't really notice, except whenever i tried to enter a poi, it wouldn't find it. i thought the nav was just stupid and outdated. but now it is fixed, and my best buddy.
Old 03-20-07, 03:58 PM
DROBB
Driver School Candidate

This happened to me and the dealer tried to have me wait for a week but i told them i had a trip to go on and this was 2 days after i bought the car so i was kind of upset it got past their inspection. Just be prepared to wait a week or have them take someone elses disk who hadn't picked it up in a month like they did for me!
EDIT: I had a buggy disk obviously haha
Old 03-20-07, 06:52 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bichon
You should never have to recalibrate the nav. Sounds like you have an '06 with the buggy map disk. There is a TSB to replace it.
first time i here of this. do you have a scan of the tsb?
Old 03-20-07, 06:57 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
first time i here of this. do you have a scan of the tsb?
It's a well known TSB, the dealer SHOULD be aware of it. I've had no problems so far with my NAV, but I suspect sooner or later It'll go goofy, so at that time I'll take it in.
Old 03-20-07, 10:55 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

kinda off topic, but just wondering what the red dots with the white circles around it are on the map?

Quick Reply: Had To calibrate my nav position!!!